News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Number of WWD Ornithocheirus Models

Started by Wellnhoferia, August 24, 2015, 12:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

*yeah wore my eyeglasses and they arent the babies but the Safari Ltd "adult" toob figures*
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Safari Authentics ore Toob molds actually. So those are not babies, but adults.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Killekor

I am curious. I can't wait to see the rewiew of the Ornihtocheirus (and the publishing of my rewiew for the REBOR Rudy).

Predasaurskillekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on November 30, 2016, 07:26:05 AM
*yeah wore my eyeglasses and they arent the babies but the Safari Ltd "adult" toob figures*

They're still technically offiicial!

But these ones are indeed unique and also official (I was finally able to access the images again:

Flaffy

Very much drooling over all of these...
*sigh* Maybe one day...  :-[

Killekor

I love that ramphorincus.

Predasaurskillekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Roselaar

Got the Quick WWD T-Rex, but not the base. Also got the baby dinosaurs. But I'm not much of a reviewer any more these days...

sauroid

Quote from: Roselaar on November 30, 2016, 03:52:13 PM
Got the Quick WWD T-Rex, but not the base. Also got the baby dinosaurs. But I'm not much of a reviewer any more these days...
you should. if anyone should review figures for the DTB it should be you or any of the real/legit dino figure collectors who know what theyre talking about.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on November 30, 2016, 03:52:13 PM
Got the Quick WWD T-Rex, but not the base...

Don't forget the pretened fossils in each base! I have them, just not pictured (they're in the box)

sauroid

what is that Pterosaur SBell? it looks kinda cool.

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on November 30, 2016, 06:08:57 PM
what is that Pterosaur SBell? it looks kinda cool.

It's a Rhamphorhynchus. The bases have either pegs (with a hole in the figure) or footprints to rest in.

Invicta Hunter

Recently I bought the first three official WWD magazines to see if i could find the ad for the Ornithocheirus and luckily i found it in the second issue. It looks like there was one given away to a contest winner for every issue starting from the second one.
The magazine ran for 17 issues and seeing that the ad wasnt in the first issue (instead it was an ad for glowing dinosaur toys) that must mean there were 16 Ornithocheirus figures given away unless they stopped the competition for some reason in later issues.

Flaffy

Oh wow. So that's why it's so rare. Some JP prototypes can rival it in terms of rarity as well.
I just wished Toyway could've released the Ornithocheirus, I was searching for this figure every since I watched the WWD episode.

Halichoeres

Holy cow! I suppose it's at least possible that they made a lot more of them in anticipation of a longer run, and that they're moldering in a warehouse somewhere, or ended up at a thrift shop. They might also have given away 32, if there was one for the best letter and another for the best drawing, or even more if they sent a few as consolation prizes.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Invicta Hunter

That does sound quite plausible but it does say "for the best letter or drawing" so it sounds like just one per issue but like you said they might have had loads of them and gave out more than what they said they would. The only thing is supposably the figure was going to be part of the main toy line but was dropped because of packaging problems. If this was the case i doubt Toyway had many of these figures made before they found this problem. I still find it strange there was any of these figures made in the first place because they should have been aware of packaging problems when they received the prototype model. Maybe the Ornithocheirus figure was intended for the magazine the whole time and if thats the case then there must have been quite a few made.

Silvanusaurus

Imagine if somebody found a crate of 1000 of them, hidden away somewhere, but they had no idea that they werent just some cheap old dinosaur toys and so melted them down for recycling into... (MEGA PLOT TWIST!) ...Schelich Anhangueras. 

Invicta Hunter

CityRaptor

The Horror! The Horror!

Of course people in Germany are often very ignorant when it comes to non-Schleich Dinosaurs. Even if there is something written on them.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

BlueKrono

Something somewhat similar happened with the Play Visions. Someone uncovered a huge lot of Peltobatrachus and Eryops in a warehouse somewhere and subsequently flooded the market. Now those two won't even sell on eBay, but I bet people would be all over any of the other ones if they ever came up for sale. That's the thing with us collectors - we can always hope someone will find forgotten treasure in "a warehouse somewhere", or for us Marxists, will dig up something nifty in The Dump.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Roselaar

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 26, 2017, 07:44:17 PM
Something somewhat similar happened with the Play Visions. Someone uncovered a huge lot of Peltobatrachus and Eryops in a warehouse somewhere and subsequently flooded the market. Now those two won't even sell on eBay, but I bet people would be all over any of the other ones if they ever came up for sale. That's the thing with us collectors - we can always hope someone will find forgotten treasure in "a warehouse somewhere", or for us Marxists, will dig up something nifty in The Dump.

I didn't find them in a warehouse, I found them in a museum store. I originally found lots of all eight figures, but only bought two complete sets. Because I was stupid back then. When I later realized my obvious error, I returned only to find mostly Eryops and Peltobatrachus left. I naturally bought up all remaining figures, but I can never undo my initial mistake. I could have had, like, 20 complete sets...

As for the remaining Ornithocheirus figures (all 14 of them), they're crated up in that Area 51 warehouse seen in Indiana Jones. The American government will unleash their special powers when its economy is in dire need of extra cash from rich collectors.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: