News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Death of Dan LoRusso

Started by Takama, September 17, 2015, 09:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

Dan LoRusso will be missed, as well as his creations. we all admire his great talent and above all, his courage and positivity. R.i.P. Mr. LoRusso.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

sepp

How devastating for his friends and family. He will truly be missed, I never got to know him but he is a huge inspiration to me (and many other paleoartists) and his influence and charm will absolutely live on. RIP Dan :(

Victoria's Cantina

Very sad news. I didn't know Mr. LoRusso beyond reading his posts on this forum, but he seemed like a nice guy. My dinosaurs he designed feel a little more special now, and my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

dutchdinolover

My sincere condolences to Dan's family, friends and forum members. Although we all knew he was struggling with his health, it still came as a shock to me. I big loss for our community.

Rest in peace

tyrantqueen

Rest in peace Dan LoRusso. You're in a better place now.

I'm really sad that we'll never get to see his vision of a Giganotosaurus :(

thelordsgym

He was a great contributor to our hobby and paleo in general.  He will be remembered and missed by many. Rest in peace Dan, and may your family find comfort in this difficult time.

Halichoeres

I hope that those who survive him can take some comfort in how many people loved Dan's work. The world is poorer for his loss.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Speaking of Dan's work, I hope that the rest of the Battat reissues and the new models he had recently completed are all released eventually. He worked and fought so hard on behalf of the dinosaur community.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Georassic

Sad news.
Prayers for his family.

ItsTwentyBelow

Deeply saddened by this news. His work will become legend.

Doug Watson

Takama started a thread called "Death of Dan Lorusso" where some of us have already expressed our feelings http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3842.0

Is there anyway a moderator could merge the two threads so we have one lasting thread with all the remembrances of Dan? Just a thought.

MOD: Good idea; topics merged.

MLMjp

So devastating
I only know him for his post and the forum but i really appreciate that he took some of his time to talk to our community
Is so sad that he is gone after his tough fight against his illness
I really like his work and I wish i can thank him for give us the illusion of the return of the battat line
With Luck Battat may release all the remaining figures so we can enjoy Mr LoRusso´s legacy
RIP Dan LoRusso and my condolences to his friends an family

ItsTwentyBelow

Tragic news. The world has truly been robbed of his talent and character. I did not know him well, but for me, no one quite captured these animals the way he did.

Newt

I'm very sorry to hear this. I only knew Mr. LoRusso from his forum posts, but he seemed like a very positive and passionate person who was really engaged with the community, as well as of course being a fantastic sculptor. My condolences to his family and friends.

terrorchicken

I'm so saddened by his loss. My condolences to his family. He will be missed but he will sort of live on in his sculpts which will always be cherished. :(

DinoToyForum

tasosaurusGR

These are really sad news.My condolences to his familly. Rest in peace.

Dinomike

Rest in peace Dan! You will be missed!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

ProSauropod

There are children yet unborn who will discover an entire new world thanks to his hands and vision.  A number of years ago I got a resin of the canonical 'standing dippy' from him - I always smile when I look at it, even moreso now.  What a wonderful legacy.....................

joossa

Rest in peace, Dan.
You will always live on through your work.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: