News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Death of Dan LoRusso

Started by Takama, September 17, 2015, 09:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

I just seen sad news on Facebook that Dan LoRusso has Passed away :'(

https://www.facebook.com/dan.lorusso.9?fref=ts

Raptoress

It's absolutely devastating. I'm in tears.

Takama

Guys im sorry to inform you that Dan Lorusso has past away. So i dont know if this line will go any longer

Paleona

I'm sorry to hear that. :(  He will be remembered through his lovely sculpt work...

Yutyrannus

That is truly saddening news, RIP Dan LoRusso :(.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Gwangi

I'm so sorry to read this. He was one of a kind, his sculpts were one of a kind and he was a true fighter. He did what he loved until the very end.

EDIT: I'm looking at his FB page and not seeing anything about his passing. Is it because he is not my FB friend?

sauroid

this is really a sad news. :(
(but i cant seem to find any mention of his passing on his fb page)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Takama

Quote from: Gwangi on September 17, 2015, 10:01:40 PM
I'm so sorry to read this. He was one of a kind, his sculpts were one of a kind and he was a true fighter. He did what he loved until the very end.

EDIT: I'm looking at his FB page and not seeing anything about his passing. Is it because he is not my FB friend?

I guess so, everyone is Saying RIP Dan on his Timeline. and I first found out about this thanks to Raptoress. As soon as i heard the news, i immediately made a topic here on the forum.

I made another topic with the same name in the General thread, as i was not sure as to were to put it. (ADMINS can you remove one, or combine on to the other)

Patrx

This is very distressing indeed.  :(

Gwangi

I think it is important to mention (for those who may be inclined to do so) that mourning the loss of his toy line is not the right attitude to have. He helped revive the Battat collection and gave us a few more great sculpts in his final years. With the suffering he endured that is more than anyone could have asked for. His models were one of a kind for sure, but that's because he was.

Simon

Its a great loss for his family and for the dinosaur art world. He really fought the good fight, and, through his Terra line, managed to create some last great artwork for posterity.

Rest in peace Dan.  Your art and legacy live on.

CityRaptor

That is sad to read.

Rest in Peace, Dan LoRusso! May your legacy live on in your creations!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

laticauda

Even though I do reviews for the DTB, I have never been that vocal on the forum, and only occasionally have I chatted with Dan.  Though I barley knew him,  he was always polite to me and was full of great stories and information.  I wish the best to his family, and to all who knew him. 

Pachyrhinosaurus

Very sad news.  :( I know many people who have been affected by cancer and no one deserves what he went through. He has been a role model for my own art and I hope others see him in the same light. He will be greatly missed.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

stargatedalek

I would have liked to say something, but everything I would have has already been said more eloquently than I could have managed. He will be dearly missed, but he will live on in his art.

I wouldn't be concerned over the line, and who knows, perhaps his unreleased sculpts will come along some day to remind us all.

Dobber

Oh my God. He was staying so positive here I thought he was doing better. So sad.  :-[

I'm so sorry for his family and friends, I know some here where close to him. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Takama

He was a dear friend to me, and i have kept secrets for him for the good of the line.   I saw the armatures of his Yutyrannus, Majungasaurus, and Plateosaurus.   Part of me wishes to show them here, but another part of me is reluctant because what if Battat has plans still?

Concavenator

Very shocking and unexpected news   :( It's a shame this incredible man and artist passed away.He was a genius.I do appreciate all the efforts he did,and,most of all,I do hope all the best to his family.Really sorry to hear this.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Takama on September 17, 2015, 10:47:01 PM
He was a dear friend to me, and i have kept secrets for him for the good of the line.   I saw the armatures of his Yutyrannus, Majungasaurus, and Plateosaurus.   Part of me wishes to show them here, but another part of me is reluctant because what if Battat has plans still?
If you feel like these would jeopardize your integrity or the line in some way than I recommend you wait a few months or until you're comfortable before you share them.

Dobber

So sad. It was so inspiring seeing his never quit attitude that he put forth here on the forum. I had thought he was doing better. My sincerest condolences to his family and Friends. God Speed Dan, RIP.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: