News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur toy forum diorama contest 2015 - poll

Started by DinoToyForum, September 28, 2015, 07:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for up to ten [10] dioramas

1. Velociraptor rampage
19 (9.7%)
2. The Little Red Riding Hood and Mr. Allosaurus
29 (14.8%)
3. Flight or fancy?
7 (3.6%)
4. Jurassic titans
78 (39.8%)
5. Maternal instincts
7 (3.6%)
6. Family of the forest
54 (27.6%)
7. This Triceratops ain't big enough for the both of us
11 (5.6%)
8. Uninvited guests
70 (35.7%)
9. Rearguard action
18 (9.2%)
10. Uphill battle
5 (2.6%)
11. Born to die
21 (10.7%)
12. Beyond coma and despair (countless days without water)
37 (18.9%)
13. Sushi!
14 (7.1%)
14. Something wicked this way comes
8 (4.1%)
15. Strategizing
17 (8.7%)
16. Last of the evening sun
51 (26%)
17. Eat this leaf son and you'll get stronger
4 (2%)
18. Hunting lesson
12 (6.1%)
19. The day Jimi HendRex couldn't find his guitar...
59 (30.1%)
20. Primeval disagreement
20 (10.2%)
21. The callous reaper
11 (5.6%)
22. Forgotten forest
16 (8.2%)
23. Startled by the vacuum cleaner
44 (22.4%)
24. The triumph of the skies
53 (27%)
25. Ferns for breakfast again
72 (36.7%)
26. Bite me!
0 (0%)
27. Ceratopsian scattering!
26 (13.3%)
28. The endgame
8 (4.1%)
29. Hard to swallow buffet
13 (6.6%)
30. Morning meal
4 (2%)
31. Waterhole trap
8 (4.1%)
32. The reckless Troodon
5 (2.6%)
33. Here comes trouble
49 (25%)
34. A southern meal to go
6 (3.1%)
35. Fight or flight
3 (1.5%)
36. Squabble
16 (8.2%)
37. Eye to eye
4 (2%)
38. Through stormy skies
24 (12.2%)
39. Raptors on the hunt
9 (4.6%)
40. Expedition archive photo #21, Central Africa, 1933
46 (23.5%)
41. T-Rex trouble
19 (9.7%)
42. The wild and the innocents
50 (25.5%)
43. Confronting the raging tyrants
4 (2%)
44. Do you tango? - Argentinian scene
16 (8.2%)
45. Sneaking predator
3 (1.5%)
46. King of the hill
10 (5.1%)
47. Blue lagoon
60 (30.6%)
48. Such a peaceful day
2 (1%)
49. Jurassic chaser
14 (7.1%)
50. Cretaceous clifftop call
31 (15.8%)
51. Nothing to me?
2 (1%)
52. Take me with you
42 (21.4%)
53. Triassica - the feast
11 (5.6%)
54. One for the road
19 (9.7%)
55. When hunger strikes you take risks
15 (7.7%)
56. Euh-ohplocephalus
1 (0.5%)
57. His domain/Triassic sunset
31 (15.8%)
58. Catch
20 (10.2%)
59. Please, Ms. Olorotitan. Do not judge a hadrosaur by the size of his crest
9 (4.6%)
60. Gardeners of the river
50 (25.5%)
61. Chinese chain reaction
30 (15.3%)
62. Let's fight!
3 (1.5%)
63. To go up or to go down? That is the cretacic question
8 (4.1%)
64. Terror stalks lakeside
14 (7.1%)
65. Get out of my tree!
6 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Voting closed: October 28, 2015, 06:50:17 PM

Doug Watson

Look I didn't intend to derail this contest thread in fact originally I just said I agreed with Arul that there could be at least two categories but I also stressed I wouldn't want it if it meant more work for Adam.
Some of the comments after that struck a nerve since I am guessing I am the only one here who studied Museum Technology Display in College, then learned under and worked with a diorama master who worked along side Clarence Tillenius,  Hugh Monahan etc and also created some of the classic dioramas at CMN. All that to learn the craft so I could create my own that are still on display. Having the work involved even in doing an amateur diorama equated with a photo in my mind diminished what is involved. If it was that easy we at the museum should have stopped after we hiked miles into the woods to collect, mould and take photographic reference. We should have come back superimposed an image of the animal with one of our background shots and blown that up to life size. Maybe I am touchy but you may have gotten touchy yourself if we were talking the same about your profession. Either way I mentioned several times that I appreciated the location shots and the photo shops I just said what was my preference. The one I voted for last year came second anyway.
I am not telling anyone else how to vote and since I have already voted I don't plan to comment any further it is The DTF Diorama Contest so lets please drop it.

Arul

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 01, 2015, 06:18:49 PM
Here's another sneaky look at the way the results are shaping up after 77 voters have had their say. There's still plenty of time and votes to be cast but a third anonymous diorama is now jostling for the top spot and the trio are pulling away from the pack. The graph shows the dioramas arranged by number of votes:

Thank you for your report Dr.Admin, at least all diorama is already voted :D

Megalosaurus

Thank you Mr. Watson for sharing your point of view. Sure we can understand what you are saying even if many of us don't like the idea of change the contest name or separate categories. My respects to you.

Lets keep enjoying our whatever contest  ;D
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

joossa

Quote from: Megalosaurus on October 02, 2015, 02:02:17 AM
Lets keep enjoying our whatever contest  ;D
Haha! Looks like we have a winner with that line. Love it!  ;D
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Arul on October 02, 2015, 01:41:06 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 01, 2015, 06:18:49 PM
Here's another sneaky look at the way the results are shaping up after 77 voters have had their say. There's still plenty of time and votes to be cast but a third anonymous diorama is now jostling for the top spot and the trio are pulling away from the pack. The graph shows the dioramas arranged by number of votes:

Thank you for your report Dr.Admin, at least all diorama is already voted :D

Not quite, there are still two with 0 votes so far, poor things :-\

DinoToyForum

I voted now. It took me a good while! I first narrowed the list down to 17, and then picked my final 10. I have one favourite in particular.

Tapejara1122

7Are we going to get honorable mentions this year?

"You know, at times like this one feels, well, perhaps extinct animals should be left extinct". - Ian Malcolm

DinoToyForum

Arul

Oh my mistake, well that is sad...lets vote guys lets vote  ^-^

DinoG

Respect to those 2 who clearly didn't vote for themselves, so far at least.
Run!

Tapejara1122

"You know, at times like this one feels, well, perhaps extinct animals should be left extinct". - Ian Malcolm

Simon

Dr. Admin:  Might we be able to get daily updates on the total number of votes cast and perhaps an updated version of that chart?  Since we do have a month to wait, I think that this type of daily reminder would encourage more members to cast their ballots ...

DinoToyForum

I might give an update and post a graph at the 100 voters mark, if we get there :)

Dinomike

Voted! Wasn't easy! I let my kids help choose 7 and I chose the rest. :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

laticauda

So my votes are finally in.  I did it with my  kids.  My son and daughter each chose 4 and I did the last two votes.  I had them tell me the ones they liked, to help them narrow down their favorites.  The first tally of likes was 53.  So the plan was to have them eliminate more after their initial likes.  The next tally was.....53!  Lets just say a-lot of mind changing started happening, and ones they didn't like, they would  all of sudden say they liked.  Many pages in the notepad later, with my son and daughter arguing over voting for the same picture, "no I want to vote for that one", the decisions were finally made and entered. 

It was a fun family affair of looking at and choosing from so many great entries. 

DinoToyForum

It is great that members (and their families even!) are getting so much fun out of the voting process! Fun is what this contest is mostly about!  :D

DinoToyForum

I've uploaded a new Youtube video to the Dinotoyblog channel showcasing all of the 2015 dioramas: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvRsk9fO3Ulf_-IICXzwgJw/videos

Arul

Very glorious video for dinosaur toy forum !! :D

triceratops83

I like the music that plays over the video - reminds me a little of the end of The Davinci Code (Chevaliers de Sangreal). Very classy!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Gwangi

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 03, 2015, 05:17:47 PM
I've uploaded a new Youtube video to the Dinotoyblog channel showcasing all of the 2015 dioramas: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvRsk9fO3Ulf_-IICXzwgJw/videos

I know you're busy but are there any plans to do the other top 10 lists as videos? That's the only reason I personally stopped making the polls.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: