News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

That's interesting, I haven't seen Papo's feathered raptor without gloss before...
The thing that puts me off for the feathered raptor is the glossy finish, if there are some without gloss then it may just be worth my time.
^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Shadowknight1

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on April 21, 2016, 12:16:12 PM
That's interesting, I haven't seen Papo's feathered raptor without gloss before...
The thing that puts me off for the feathered raptor is the glossy finish, if there are some without gloss then it may just be worth my time.
^-^ ^-^ ^-^
In certain lighting conditions it does have a very slight shine, but mine is very much darker than the stock photos and the ones I've seen from our fellow collectors.  The white feathers on the wings and underside appear almost "Batman grey".  As such, seeing as how female birds are usually the duller colored ones, I'm considering this one an alpha female.  Also, unsurprisingly, it looks fairly good next to Rebor's Utahraptor though this one definitely wins in the feathering department.  All in all, I love this little gal despite her flaws and it might just be my favorite non-JP raptor figure.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

LophoLeeVT

but.... TRICERATOPS IS THE 2ND POPULAR DINOSAUR!!!!
well i dont think that this is the reson it doesnt have a 2nd color sheme,tanysropheus.
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

tanystropheus

Quote from: raptor64870 on April 22, 2016, 05:02:15 AM
but.... TRICERATOPS IS THE 2ND POPULAR DINOSAUR!!!!
well i dont think that this is the reson it doesnt have a 2nd color sheme,tanysropheus.

...or perhaps, retool the Triceratops with an updated, more accurate design.

It could certainly benefit from a less dull color scheme.

Saurox

I really like these new Papos, they fit into the collection just fine

Viking Spawn

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!

tanystropheus

Great collection, but why is everyone's complete Papo collection missing the marine reptiles?

MLMjp

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 08, 2016, 08:29:43 PM
Great collection, but why is everyone's complete Papo collection missing the marine reptiles?

His collection does have the marine reptiles.

But answering to you question. Probably because they are not very good. ::)

Saurox

They're either side of the green baby t rex

tanystropheus

Quote from: masakira on May 11, 2016, 04:19:22 PM

They're either side of the green baby t rex

Okay, I see them now :)

suspsy

In my case, it's because the marine reptiles are irredeemably atrocious.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on May 11, 2016, 09:14:32 PM

In my case, it's because the marine reptiles are irredeemably atrocious.

I fell in love with the 'Nessie' at first sight. Despite the chimeric elements (e.g. some features of Cryptoclidus), the Papo 'Nessie' is readily recognizable as the pop cultural cryptid. The retro Mosasaurus seems like it came straight out of the film,  The Land that Time Forgot. Characteristically, very animatronic muppet like . Not irredeemably atrocious, imo. Grossly inaccurate, yes. Both models have their charm.

LophoLeeVT

tanystropheus

2016 Paposaurs are certainly more expensive than before. I wonder if they bumped up the quality of the materials?

Flaffy

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 16, 2016, 03:12:08 AM
2016 Paposaurs are certainly more expensive than before. I wonder if they bumped up the quality of the materials?
Yeah, they are more expensive, dunno why. ??? Probably because of more detail?

mpchi

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 16, 2016, 03:12:08 AM

From holding and feeling the Baryonyx and Kaprosuchus, the material don't feel any different from Papos from the recent few years. Baryonyx legs and toes feel pretty soft (but not necessary softer than other figures), making them warp out of shape after standing it on two feet for long without support. My Allosaurus has harder material with feet feels like hard plastic, but its quite a few years older. My guess is just inflation, or Papo simply wants more money out of their figures. 2016 does have a significant price hike that I don't feel in previous years. Price-wise the Baryonyx is on par with the large Brachiosaurus, while a similar sized Running T-Rex cost only around 60% of that price.

stargatedalek

I just realized an error no one caught with the Baryonyx, it's feet. Baryonyx should have an enlarged dewclaw that it walked on and its feet should be webbed (not at all based on Spinosaurus by the way, but on footprints of Baryonyx itself).

Flaffy

Kaprosuchus should be cheaper, it's waaaaay out of my paposaurus price range.

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on May 17, 2016, 01:00:22 AM
Kaprosuchus should be cheaper, it's waaaaay out of my paposaurus price range.

I checked it, it's almost 30 euro's! And I found the Baryonyx for 33 euro's! :o That's insane, the price of these products is the only thing that's holding me back to buy Papo. Wish they were cheaper.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: