News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoMatt

OMG!!!! These are amazing! I was scared that Papo would screw up the raptor but its beautiful and so is that kaprosuchus but I'm dissapointed by the Baryonyx. Everybody knows that if your gonna make a tripod baryonyx put its hand on the ground!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: TE Matt on December 11, 2015, 07:27:08 AM
OMG!!!! These are amazing! I was scared that Papo would screw up the raptor but its beautiful and so is that kaprosuchus but I'm dissapointed by the Baryonyx. Everybody knows that if your gonna make a tripod baryonyx put its hand on the ground!
But the Invicta Baryonyx has its tail in the air :P

Sorry, I misread hand as tail for some reason :/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 11, 2015, 06:40:42 AM
The Velociraptor is surprisingly good. I'd like to see a good close-up of the head, might be a better match for some deeper-muzzled dromaeosaur. The Kaprosuchus looks great, too--it's right up Papo's alley. The Baryonyx...I'm getting used to. I really like the head, at least.

Wow, strong showing from Papo this year ( why do I feel like a sports announcer?).

I agree, the dromeosaur is very accurate in appearance..it's just not Velociraptor...lol Maybe more like Deinonychus? 

Papo always does excellent crocodilians, this Kapro of course will be a knockout.

Now the Baryonyx..I personally am ok with it.  The head is clearly a Spinosaur..not 100% sure how close it is to the actual fossil but it looks good. I'm a bit fond of the spikey look for spinosaurs.

The pose is a tripod, but it is in a leaping back posture, maybe stepping back from a large crocodile attacking?  Kind of similar to this :

Should be awesome for dioramas.

Arul

That baryo :( no...nnnno !! This is not happening right now  :'( collecta baryo is much better

That feathered vraptor and kaprosuchus is the best from other company i loooove both of them so much, wanna get it ASAP

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Arul on December 11, 2015, 08:30:14 AM
That baryo :( no...nnnno !! This is not happening right now  :'( collecta baryo is much better

That feathered vraptor and kaprosuchus is the best from other company i loooove both of them so much, wanna get it ASAP

Really? I have the Collecta Bary and it's pretty bad. I actually sold mine not long after receiving it. You can't go by the prototype pics which were much better. :/

Arul

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 11, 2015, 08:35:49 AM

Really? I have the Collecta Bary and it's pretty bad. I actually sold mine not long after receiving it. You can't go by the prototype pics which were much better. :/

I know its too early to say such thing. the figure is just out of my expectation. Too monstrous and too bulky (i hope its just camera effect), like a Godzilla sp

POP of FAN

I hope you guys are enjoying the pictures. :)

And I think i might be able to get some prototype pictures (other than the catalog ones above, of course) from Mr. Seo through Papo Korea.

Might take some time though. :)

Mauro "Raptor86"

The new 3 are a must buy for me.

Arul

Quote from: POP of FAN on December 11, 2015, 08:57:29 AM

And I think i might be able to get some prototype pictures (other than the catalog ones above, of course) from Mr. Seo through Papo Korea.

Thank you for the photo mate, very much appreciated  :)

Moodyraptor

Two new raptors for my Papo raptor pack!  Love the feathered one.  I hope the green one is more distinct from the original brown one than the photo makes it look.  Excited for the repaint running Rex, too, I love that colour scheme.

I do not know what to make of Baryonyx.  That is not what I was expecting.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Arul on December 11, 2015, 08:52:05 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 11, 2015, 08:35:49 AM

I know its too early to say such thing. the figure is just out of my expectation. Too monstrous and too bulky (i hope its just camera effect), like a Godzilla sp

Could be the photo, could be the angle, but I have seen some bulky spinosaurs.

For example :
https://www.q-files.com/images/pages/galleries/593/baryonyx-3.jpg
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110521085144/mesozoicera/images/6/6c/Baryonyx-Felipe-Alves-Elias-600x425.png

So it's not totally out there. But I get what you mean. I actually expected a Spinosaurus reposed with a different head. lol

CityRaptor

New sculpts:

Feathered Velociraptor: looks pretty good and clearly shows that Papo can make pretty accurate Dinosaurs if they want to do them. This one shall be the Alpha!

Kaprosuchus: I see they did not go for the Primeval look and instead produced a very natural looking animal. Which makes sense, as Blade already pointed out: Papo has a history with well-made crocodilians, even their Croccodile Mutant looks rather natural. It also looks different enough from the Safari version of the same animal.

Baryonyx: Okay, it is a tripod, but it is clearly rearing up to attack something or maybe to avoid an enemy attack. Maybe it just wants a hug. It is also big and beefy and has a certain quality to it.

So far I like all three.

Repaints:
Velociraptor: Papo for sure likes to repaint that mold. Now with Version 4 ( counting the Exclusive ) you got a Raptor Squad. The decisions to make it green is probably based on Jurassic World, but for JP collectors, it can also be used as a stand in for the Raptors from the the first novel. I might be wrong, but the image looks like it could be a photoshop of the first version instead of a pic of the actual figure.

T.rex: Would make a good companion piece to the Exclusive one. Now both adult molds have been released in green, brown and "shades of brown" ( can't think of a better name ). Kinda needs a third version of the Baby now.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

The Baryonyx has some moobs there >:D

pylraster

Wow! Papo really revised their raptor. It still has problems, but that is really nitpicking. Surprising how they tackled the hand feathers.

Baryonyx's tripod pose makes it look like it's rearing back, as if it's in a defensive pose. I suppose... you can interpret it as if its tail momentarily touched the ground as it backs away and hisses. Haha. At least we don't get with a pre-posed fish in its hand or mouth.

They'll probably look better in person. Can't wait for that raptor!

CityRaptor

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 11, 2015, 10:07:20 AM
The Baryonyx has some moobs there >:D

How do you conclude that our beefy friend is a male? Have you looked under its skirt?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: POP of FAN on December 11, 2015, 08:57:29 AM

Thanks for the pictures!

Prototypes photos would be very very appreciated!

Rain

HOLY COW! These look great. I especially love the feathered raptor, although the head seems kinda weird. I'm surprised they actually added primaries. The Baryonx looks amazing as well but the pose just seems realllllly awkward to me. The Kaprosuchus also looks great. Welp, guess I'm going to have to set about 100 bucks aside for these guys.

EmperorDinobot

I'm excessively fond of that Baryonyx. Now if only we could get an Iguanodon so they could do battle...like a Baryonyx vs Iguanodon pair (not bending the tail too much, only to the side or something), like this one posted I used to have...

sauroid

WOW! just wow. all winners imo. the best for me is the Kaprosuchus, followed by the feathered Velociraptor. i like the Baryonix but it looks unusually chunky, but the head sculpt is awesome.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dobber

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 11, 2015, 08:28:48 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on December 11, 2015, 06:40:42 AM
The Velociraptor is surprisingly good. I'd like to see a good close-up of the head, might be a better match for some deeper-muzzled dromaeosaur. The Kaprosuchus looks great, too--it's right up Papo's alley. The Baryonyx...I'm getting used to. I really like the head, at least.

Wow, strong showing from Papo this year ( why do I feel like a sports announcer?).

I agree, the dromeosaur is very accurate in appearance..it's just not Velociraptor...lol Maybe more like Deinonychus?

Papo always does excellent crocodilians, this Kapro of course will be a knockout.

Now the Baryonyx..I personally am ok with it.  The head is clearly a Spinosaur..not 100% sure how close it is to the actual fossil but it looks good. I'm a bit fond of the spikey look for spinosaurs.

That's what I was thinking about the "Velociraptor" doesn't really look like one, but more like a Deinonychus. I guess that makes sense since the JP Raptors are based on Deinonychus  and Papo bases a lot of their designs of of JP. The tail looks a little short too, but that may just be due to the angle of the picture.

Chris

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: