News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn

Papo Kaprosuchus photos courtesy of POP of FAN!

Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn

Papo Green Velociraptor!  Photos courtesy of POP of FAN!

Viking Spawn

Papo Rainbow Running/Walking Tyrannosaurus Rex!  Photos courtesy of and many thanks to POP of FAN! 

tyrantqueen

The more I stare at the Baryonyx's snout the more it seems as though the tip of it is upside down. Just looks wrong somehow.

Appalachiosaurus

Well that sucks. They've turned an interesting bear-like take on a very bear-like theropod and turned it into a malnourished sprawling slasher villain. Let's hope they don't mess up the feathered raptor as bad as they have messed up this one.

JurassicGeek09

Am I the only one who thinks the Bary looks like he's taking a massive dump?
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

Dilopho

Quote from: JPFan4Life on January 25, 2016, 11:05:49 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the Bary looks like he's taking a massive dump?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you are  :o :o :o

JurassicGeek09

To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

empire3569

I think he looks like he's lunging toward something, be that a prey item or maybe a potential intruder in his territory. The sculpt makes it appear as though the animal's momentum is going slightly to the left, as the right leg is more outstretched and the left leg bent as though it is supporting his weight. It is in my opinion a very dynamic pose, I would say on par with the Carnotaurus. On another note, and I may be in the minority, but I really like the spikey back; don't forget that there are many modern day reptiles with various degrees of spikes; Iguanas would be the most similar to this, however bearded dragons, uromastyx, horned lizards, and armadillo lizards (definitely one of the more extreme ones) all have spines and spikes. And these spines aren't done obnoxiously, I think they fit in nicely with the sculpt. Just my opinion of course

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on January 25, 2016, 08:34:57 PM
Quote from: kreativtek on January 25, 2016, 06:21:16 PM

Darn... accurate or not, the head sculpt on this thing is mind-blowing.

I think there is  a good influence to blame for it :

Certain elements of the body remind me of the Sideshow Carnotaurus as well. ;)

Ouch Doug.. I bet you do!

I actually had one of the little buggers myself and that "first hand experience" is quite painful!

Dobber

Man, do I wish the lower Jaw was thinner on the Bary. The sculpt makes it look like the Jay Leno of dinosaurs.

The thickness just through a it all off IMO.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

suspsy

Perhaps the Baryonyx is attempting to defend a carcass from a Torvosaurus.

Good luck with that. :p
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DinoLord

Quote from: suspsy on January 26, 2016, 12:27:52 AM
Perhaps the Baryonyx is attempting to defend a carcass from a Torvosaurus.

Too bad this would be anachronistic.  :-X

But I agree, it definitely looks like he's ready to attack something. I bet if you got two of these and slightly modified one you could have a nice scene.

JurassicGeek09

I think dinosaur toy photos being anachronistic comes with the territory, much as we try to avoid it.

tanystropheus

AcroSauroTaurus

Honestly, to me the Baryonyx looked worse in the catalog shot, it looks better in reality. But the Kaprosuchus looks a tad worse then its catalog shot for some reason?
I am the Dinosaur King!

joossa

I will be getting the two raptors and the Kaprosuchus. That spider is gorgeous too. Any one know the release date of the spider?

The Baryonx still looks "off" to me and I'm still on the fence about it. Not sure what it is. The proportions don't look right to me and more than any other Papo, it screams monster (I know it's almost cliche to say) rather than theropod. In certain photos it looks like a fusion between:
1) Papo sculpt, detail, and paint apps
2) Schleich design and proportions
3) Carnegie pose

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 26, 2016, 12:03:56 AM
Ouch Doug.. I bet you do!
I actually had one of the little buggers myself and that "first hand experience" is quite painful!

Glad you got that, I wasn't sure if anyone would if I didn't use an emoji :) My girl was pretty good with me I think she only got me once when she was young as she got bigger it was the first contact you had to watch out for, after she was in my hands she calmed down fast. My Dad on the other "hand" decided to take her out to take a picture when she was three feet long and I wasn't home, my Dad has bandaids on three fingers in the picture. :o

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: