News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Very nice indeed! And it doesn't have an underbite, the overbite is still missing, but at least no underbite.

Dobber

Really? I'm definitely seeing an underbite, but I can live with it. Still not a fan of the super sized Jaw though, but I think the figure looks nice overall.

I was surprised by no feathered Rator pictures too. Does anyone know what the Spider is....that look so FREAKY!

Thanks for posting the pictures!

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

stargatedalek

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

that skull is so very much Spinosaurus-y that it could not look baryonyx. Too bad since everything else is done so well!
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

tyrantqueen

Wow that truly is a gorgeous sculpt. I'm still on the fence about getting it though. Wondering whether it would be worth the time and effort it would take to customise it into a real Baryonyx. I have zero interest in buying a movie monster.

empire3569

Thank you so much for these additional pictures! From the promo pics I was 100% not going to get the Baryonyx, but after seeing these new angles I will definitely be picking it up. The pose now makes it look like it is lunging forward towards a prey item, much more dynamic than the promo pics. You can also see how much more slender it really is compared to the promo. I'm very impressed

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Dang :o I already loved the Baryonyx in the catalog, but this makes me love it even more ;D This is a must have for me, along with all of Papo's new sculpts, i'll be certain to buy it as soon as I'm able. Papo is really hitting it out of the park this year, thank you POP of FAN for the new pictures.

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

DinoLord

The Baryonyx is a great sculpt - very dynamic. It reminds me of a lunging crocodile.

Dilopho

That's so different from the catalogue! I want it! I NEED IT!

Patrx

Yikes, that spinosaurid  :-X

Looking forward to seeing real photos of the dromaeosaur!

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Dobber on January 25, 2016, 12:42:29 PM
Really? I'm definitely seeing an underbite, but I can live with it. Still not a fan of the super sized Jaw though, but I think the figure looks nice overall.
[...]
To my untrained eyes, in the prototype pics, the underbite is less noticeable, but in the test production figure picture it looks very noticeable, to the extent that they didn't take a picture with the mouth closed.

Prototype

Final figure
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

stargatedalek

No offense but I fail to see how the skull is "too much like Spinosaurus". Not directed at any one person but I keep seeing it a lot and I don't get it at all. Baryonyx skull (aside from the lower jaw) looks pretty much like the sculpt does:

oscars_dinos

Ohhhhhhh papo .... you've proved me wrong.... I strongly STRONGLY disliked the fist images of the baryonx but after seeing these new pics I'm definitely starting to like this guy more. While I'm still not a fan of the under bite, fatness, and movie monster spikes every where I must say there not as drastic as they seemed to be in the first image we got. Instead where getting something more animal like and I love that. Also I'm a sucker for the pose it looks great.

oscars_dinos

Also just to give some love to the other dinos....

Im loving the repaints more than I thought I would. The green raptor takes me back to the early days of papo when they had their brown raptor and the new running rex I think shows the progression of there color pallet (to bad they didn't fix that tooth) i can't wait to get these ;D ;D

as for the kaprosuchus Im a tad disappointed in the color scheme but I'm still loving the sculpt

can't wait for pics of the feathered raptor

JurassicGeek09

Speaking of new Papo figures, I bought the recent repainted Standing Rex with the blue and yellow paint scheme. It's quite nice! I would have never bought a Papo Rex before because of their inaccuracies, but this is a nice paint job. Hopefully the Spinosaurus receives a makeover as well.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

Rathalosaurus

Okay the Bary is worth getting. It looks WAY better o these images than on the stock pic.
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: JPFan4Life on January 25, 2016, 04:17:49 PM
Speaking of new Papo figures, I bought the recent repainted Standing Rex with the blue and yellow paint scheme. It's quite nice! I would have never bought a Papo Rex before because of their inaccuracies, but this is a nice paint job. Hopefully the Spinosaurus receives a makeover as well.

The spino has gotten a slightly better paint scheme over the years. It went from the grey tan color to a darker blue color

Concavenator

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on January 25, 2016, 12:01:57 PM
Considering the product images,, I think it'll likely tip back into a tripod stance.

Kinda surprised that the feathered raptor wasn't in any of those pictures since it's apparently coming soon.
True!Maybe the Kaprosuchus will be the one who comes earlier,making a summer release for the Velociraptor.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Concavenator on January 25, 2016, 04:48:17 PM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on January 25, 2016, 12:01:57 PM
Considering the product images,, I think it'll likely tip back into a tripod stance.

Kinda surprised that the feathered raptor wasn't in any of those pictures since it's apparently coming soon.
True!Maybe the Kaprosuchus will be the one who comes earlier,making a summer release for the Velociraptor.

No one knows the exact date they will be released huh???

MLMjp

When I first saw the catalog photo of the Baryonyx my reaction was like......WHYYYYY????

But this images have changed everything

I really like the posture, the color scheme is so vibrant with those oranges and browns. It definitely a fantastic sculpt and a lot less "monster like" than we initially thought.

Now, I´m still not sure if I will get it, but I´m going to add it to my "maybe" list. :D

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 25, 2016, 04:02:37 PM
No offense but I fail to see how the skull is "too much like Spinosaurus". Not directed at any one person but I keep seeing it a lot and I don't get it at all. Baryonyx skull (aside from the lower jaw) looks pretty much like the sculpt does:

It´s because of the notch in the upper jaw, it is a bit too long compared to what you usually see in Baryonyx skulls thus making it more spinosaurus like. Gotta say that, for me, it looks like something intermediate. It does not look completely like a Spino snout, neither Baryonyx.

I don't  know if this "issue" is still bugging me, that´s why I decided that I might get it. But he is not in my "must buy" list.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: