News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POP of FAN

Quote from: Viking Spawn on October 30, 2015, 06:24:10 AM
Quote from: POP of FAN on October 30, 2015, 05:58:22 AM
Based on what Mr. Seo (Papo's sculptor) said during the interview and what ppl have predicted so far on this forum,

What if:
as big as Spino; similar to Todd Marshall's; and similar to Archeopteryx but twice or three times bigger?

If Papo's 2016 dinos turned out to be all non-scale, how would you feel about that?
Would you still collect these items, provided that the quality is as good and as realistic as that of Papo's previous ones?

Absolutely!!!  ;)

Thanx for the support, Viking Spawn. :)

Centrosaur86

I'm sorry but it is not much more beautiful and more interesting as the Papo dinosaurs on scale are together? I wouldn't like it if Papo has a Tyrannosaurus by 33 cm and a Gorgosaurus by 55 cm.  Who's that agree with me?  :)

EarthboundEiniosaurus

It seems like many people aren't very excited about the Papo Kaprosuchus, but I for one am VERY excited. Prehistoric crocodylomorphs are pretty underrepresented, and they were just as diverse as the dinosaurs they shared the planet with. With Papo's track recored of detail and the accuracy of the Todd Marshall drawing it's likely based off of, I think it will probably be superior or on an equal level to the safari Kaprosuchus. I don't mind having two that look similar, i'll take any opportunity I can get to buy an awesome and accurate reconstruction like i'm sure the Papo Kaprosuchus will be.

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Halichoeres

Quote from: EarthboundEiniosaurus on October 30, 2015, 01:52:46 PM
It seems like many people aren't very excited about the Papo Kaprosuchus, but I for one am VERY excited. Prehistoric crocodylomorphs are pretty underrepresented, and they were just as diverse as the dinosaurs they shared the planet with. With Papo's track recored of detail and the accuracy of the Todd Marshall drawing it's likely based off of, I think it will probably be superior or on an equal level to the safari Kaprosuchus. I don't mind having two that look similar, i'll take any opportunity I can get to buy an awesome and accurate reconstruction like i'm sure the Papo Kaprosuchus will be.

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus

I'm sure you're right that they'll do a good job with it; it just happens that I get much more excited when companies put out figures of animals that nobody else has done, or at least that nobody else has done well. So for my part, I'm much more excited about the Baryonyx, because I don't think that any of the current ones are very good. And I would have also been much more excited for some other Mesozoic crocodile, which, you're right, are definitely underrepresented.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stargatedalek

I'm pretty excited for the Kaprosuchus, especially given it's reported size. If it really is going to be that large than it could make a nice adult/young pair with the Safari.

Saurox

I always look forward to a Papo version of a prehistoric figurine. I'll admit I've sometimes been left a little bit disappointed by the colour scheme for one or two, the detail and the realistic look they have makes them worth having. Just to clarify, when I see real, I don't mean an 'completely accurate representation of a particular dinosaur (I'm aware that they take inspiration from film franchises) but that it's possible to buy into the figurine ITSELF being alive.

Hopefully the Baryonyx, Kaprosuchas and Velociraptor are atleast as detailed and beautifully sculpted as Papo's others. It's a shame we're not getting more herbivores yet though.

kingdomofspiders

Not sure of the pics linked right...
But im digging the new repaints and wouldnt mind seeing the walking rex done up similar
http://imgur.com/OJAwlar
http://imgur.com/9XkFo1z
http://imgur.com/mI3gVzc

POP of FAN

Quote from: kingdomofspiders on November 04, 2015, 04:38:28 AM
Not sure of the pics linked right...
But im digging the new repaints and wouldnt mind seeing the walking rex done up similar
http://imgur.com/OJAwlar
http://imgur.com/9XkFo1z
http://imgur.com/mI3gVzc

The pics you linked is those of 2015's Papo "Tyrannosaurus Special Pack", which includes Repainted T rex & Velociraptor as a combined set. (At least that's how I bought it back in August here in South Korea.)
But from what I read recently from Suspsy's review on the Dino Toy Blog (http://dinotoyblog.com/2015/10/31/tyrant-twosome-brown-running-t-rex-and-rainbow-t-rex/), it seems that in some countries including Canada, these two items are sold separately, not as a set. (Well they have different product numbers, #55052 #55053, in the first place... so why not? :))

And sadly, to my knowledge, Papo isn't planning to repaint their walking T rex yet. But who knows? :)

POP of FAN

Double posting. My apologies, gents.

Saurox

The repaint set is only cost £30 in the UK ($46ish). Mind I've seen a few opportunists on Ebay selling them individually for £39-£45.

tanystropheus

I am hesitating buying the Rainbow T-rex from ebay because I actually want them both in a pack (along with the rainbow Raptor). I can't figure out if this set will be limited or will make it over to the U.S at some point or another.

alexeratops

Quote from: sauroid on October 22, 2015, 09:37:32 AM
at the rate Papo are releasing prehistoric figures per year, it might take at least twenty years til we see a full range of accurate (non JP inspired) prehistoric animals from them.
Accurate by today's standards. In 20 years things will look way different!  ;)
like a bantha!

Shadowknight1

So judging by past releases, any ideas as to when Papo might show us previews of 2016's dinosaurs?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Saurox

no idea, i'd love to know too.

suspsy

IIRC, last year it wasn't until December.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

KeU

Yeah, late Dec for Papo previews.
Was Christmas week reveals for the past 2 years I believe.

Saurox

Shonisaurus

We do not know whether to reveal something of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals by Bullyland.

CityRaptor

Let's hope Bullyland does not see doing figures for "The Good Dinosaur" as an excuse to not make new proper prehistoric animal figures.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 09, 2015, 07:54:04 PM
Let's hope Bullyland does not see doing figures for "The Good Dinosaur" as an excuse to not make new proper prehistoric animal figures.
is Bullyland still producing figures?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: