News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Saurox

I thought that it wasn't out til June?

DinoG

Quote from: suspsy on March 23, 2016, 09:16:22 PM
So here's the damnedest thing.

I popped into a Mastermind Toys store this afternoon only to find that they had the Baryonyx in stock! Naturally, this made me very happy---until I tried to buy it. It came up at $58 Canadian including tax! :o That's more expensive than even the Brachiosaurus!

None of the employees knew why it was priced so steep and it currently isn't listed on the MM website. So I passed on it. No way in hell I was going to pay that amount of money. I sure hope this is just some kind of mistake in the system.

Fellow Canadians living in Ottawa or the GTA, let me know if you encounter the same problem, please!

That's more than 30£!!! Did Papo contract the "Reboritis" virus????
Run!

Roselaar

Papo Baryonyx is currently available in Holland for 33 euros. Brachiosaurus costs 35 (or at least, it cost that much when I bought it when it was first released). So yeah, prices have definitely been raised again for Paposaurs...

That Kaprosuchus is a real beauty! And bigger than I anticipated. I need to make more room... somehow.

Shonisaurus

Tyrannosaurus rex brown running, the velociraptor and feathered Kaprosuchus are already available in shop.modelpferdeversand.de. The only novelty is not yet free from Papo is the least interesting green velociraptor.

Link: http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de/Papo-Figuren/2016-Papo-Neuheiten:::5_659:2.html

Viking Spawn

Sweet!  Not much longer for the new running Rex!  Should be state side soon!

LophoLeeVT

WAIT-BROWN RUNNING REX!!!
WHERE???WHERE???
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: raptor64870 on March 25, 2016, 03:56:13 AM
WAIT-BROWN RUNNING REX!!!
WHERE???WHERE???

Not the Brown Running rex, the new "Rainbow" Running rex.
I am the Dinosaur King!

LophoLeeVT

well shonisaurus just said brown running rex....

Viking Spawn

Partly my fault.  Sorry, I knew what he meant when I replied and didn't catch the error in the description.   :-\

Shonisaurus

On behalf of the forum I apologize. I meant the tyrannosaurus rex rainbow, not the coveted tyrannosaurus rex brown. This unfortunately is not sold in this store.

Saurox

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 25, 2016, 09:43:42 AM
On behalf of the forum I apologize. I meant the tyrannosaurus rex rainbow, not the coveted tyrannosaurus rex brown. This unfortunately is not sold in this store.

It's a shame, Papo would make decent bunndle from just re-releasing that repaint.

Shonisaurus

Step video with the new tyrannosaurus rex running link Papo 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0b1Wuqlgco

Although the figure does not differ more than in painting and video is quite dark the way to the forum. Happy Easter.

Arul

Huge and very detail like other papo crocodilian. That kaprosuchus is perfect, unfortunately it came out now so it cant join the best 10 of prehistoric crocodilian figure poll hehehe

MLMjp

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 25, 2016, 11:51:48 PM
Step video with the new tyrannosaurus rex running link Papo 2016

Although the figure does not differ more than in painting and video is quite dark the way to the forum. Happy Easter.

I'm still waiting until someone (cofcoejemJurassicCollectablescofcofEjem) uploads hd videos of this figures to properly judge them and confirm if I will purchase them or not.

tanystropheus

It's pretty safe to say that Papo one-upped the WS version of the Kapro. The WS version was near-perfect to begin with!

terrorchicken

I kinda wish I hadn't bought the safari version now, but who knew another company would actually make another kapro figure!

Saurox

The Kapro looks so much better than the stock image. Originally I thought the eyes looked 'cartoony' but now it looks much more natural.

The feathered Velociraptor however doesn't look as impressive as its stock photo. The noticeable seams around the tail and where the wings/arms are attached to the body are a little disappointing and the face looks very sullen and far less detailed than it appears in the stock photo. I'll have to wait a better definition video before I can really judge, but even in a few photos released by Everything dinosaurs a few months back the face looked much like in the review on page 47 of this forum.

sauroid

the Kapro looks awesome but wish it wasnt painted like a modern crocodilian to make it look more distinctive and "prehistoric"
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Albertosaurus

Thereare few things more "prehistoric" than a modern crocodile.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: