News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffysaurus

The Kapro looks so amazing i love it
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Baryonyx Walkeri

Quote from: masakira on April 02, 2016, 12:20:49 AM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on April 01, 2016, 04:54:39 AM
Quote from: Silvanusaurus on March 31, 2016, 09:31:46 PM
Yeah, I think I will have to repaint the eyes so they are aligned... I'd quite like to do a repaint of the whole figure at some point, as the feather detail provides lots of opportunity to use interesting avian colour schemes...

Just buy a pack of them and paint them all like modern birds. That would be great. ;)

which birds?

I would actually love to see one like the Kokako, the best New Zealand bird. Could raptors have had wattles?

oscars_dinos

For all those still on the fence about getting the barry or not (my mini review) I gotta say theres a lot to like from this guy. I can't lie when I say I really didn't like this guy when he came out but after getting him in hand I realized not all the problems I thought I would have with this guy are present. First off he's not as fat as I thought he would be, the under bite isn't that bad either its almost not visible and the biggest issue that it looks to much like a monster really isn't that present. The biggest flaw to me are the portions that just feel off. But I gotta say with the amazing detail good color scheme and sheer size of this guy Im welcome to join him in the collection.

pics here http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/oscardvaldes/library/?view=recent&page=1

Arul

wow from low angle that feathered vraptor is huge  :o i really love it. maybe its too gloss but clear-doff spray will fix it :)

suspsy

When is the RRR supposed to be released again?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Viking Spawn

Nice photos in your Photobucket gallery!  Bary does look better in your pics!

As for the RRR, I thought that was either May or June.

postsaurischian

I'm afraid I'm not up with the latest teenage slang.
Can someone explain what RRR means?

MLMjp

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 02, 2016, 09:19:18 PM
I'm afraid I'm not up with the latest teenage slang.
Can someone explain what RRR means?

Rainbow Running Rex ;)

postsaurischian

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Viking Spawn on April 02, 2016, 09:05:48 PM
Nice photos in your Photobucket gallery!  Bary does look better in your pics!

As for the RRR, I thought that was either May or June.

Thanks VS :)) :))

Rain

Well, JurassicCollectibles did a review on it..So it's been released somwhere

postsaurischian

Sure! All new Papos have already been released in Europe.

Why is it called Rainbow Rex? The figure is brown and grey with a ruby stripe.

I do understand Papo releasing new re-paints every now and then and selling the same figure to the same people year after year ;), but I do not understand the customers ???.

MLMjp

Quote from: Rain on April 03, 2016, 01:23:53 AM

What?! :o How I missed that??!!
*Goes to youtube and watch video*

*Comes back*

Now I definitely want one :D

suspsy

It's not just brown and grey. It's got the same multi-colour scheme as its mate:

Shonisaurus

Quote from: MLMjp on April 03, 2016, 11:04:34 AM
Quote from: Rain on April 03, 2016, 01:23:53 AM

What?! :o How I missed that??!!
*Goes to youtube and watch video*

*Comes back*

Now I definitely want one :D

I've seen the video tyrannosaurus rex rainbow (for me brown) Papo and is fabulous, even it should be noted that this figure as the video is different from the original green figure tyrannosaurus rex (vastatosaurus actually) of that mark as the tail is different.

In fact they are the same, but the new tyrannosaurus rex in varies its tail. I certainly am going to buy but not a real figure as I did with the barry (baryonyx) am a collector and we must recognize that although they are scientifically incorrect figures are very well finished and detailed the "dinosaurs" Papo.

postsaurischian

Quote from: suspsy on April 03, 2016, 01:31:25 PM
It's not just brown and grey. It's got the same multi-colour scheme as its mate:

The stock photo of MPV's offer looks less colourful.
http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de/Neu-im-Shop/Papo-55057-Tyrannosaurus-Rex-laufend-braun::1642.html

Sim

It looks like the Papo Kaprosuchus is missing some teeth?  Comparing it to the drawing of Kaprosuchus's upper and lower jaws seen on Paul Sereno's website here (third image near the bottom of the page), it looks like the Papo figure is missing the two small teeth before the second large tooth in the lower jaw, and the last four teeth of the lower jaw?  These teeth are all present on the Wild Safari Kaprosuchus, however the Wild Safari Kapro seems to be missing the last two teeth in the upper jaw, which are present in the Papo Kapro...

After seeing Silvanusaurus's photos of the Papo feathered Velociraptor, it looks like they actually did give it a Velociraptor head!  I thought they hadn't, and that was the only thing stopping me from wanting the figure.  For the first time, I want to have a figure by Papo!  I was thinking of getting this figure from Everything Dinosaur, but it's not on their website...
Quote from: Silvanusaurus on March 31, 2016, 04:43:29 PM
it's a massive leap ahead from those unpleasant JP raptor designs.
I agree!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Sim on April 04, 2016, 10:45:00 PM
It looks like the Papo Kaprosuchus is missing some teeth?  Comparing it to the drawing of Kaprosuchus's upper and lower jaws seen on Paul Sereno's website here (third image near the bottom of the page), it looks like the Papo figure is missing the two small teeth before the second large tooth in the lower jaw, and the last four teeth of the lower jaw?  These teeth are all present on the Wild Safari Kaprosuchus, however the Wild Safari Kapro seems to be missing the last two teeth in the upper jaw, which are present in the Papo Kapro...

haters gonna hate j/k :P ;)

Now, I have to bring down the rating from 100/100 to 98/100. 2 point drop for 2 missing teeth.

suspsy

The Papo's snout should also have a more bulbous tip. So while it wins out in terms of sheer sculpting detail, the WS is more accurate.

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on April 05, 2016, 01:19:35 AM
The Papo's snout should also have a more bulbous tip. So while it wins out in terms of sheer sculpting detail, the WS is more accurate.

Accurate, but not necessarily more life-like. If I encountered a real Kapro in front of me, it would resemble the Papo version.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: