News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Protocasts Kelenken and Baby Titanosaur

Started by Kayakasaurus, October 20, 2015, 02:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painting preferences

Green/yellow (pictured)
8 (36.4%)
New color idea!
3 (13.6%)
Unpainted
11 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Kayakasaurus

Here is the Argentinosaurus! While my focus has been on the Hylaeosaurus, these outdoor pics were taken in  July, but this guy is finally getting the attention he deserves. I finished molding the tail yesterday. I'm planning on a trip to Seattle this week to get some more supplies, so it should be ready some time in February :)

The last two pics show the mortise and tenon system I recently put in. I re sculpted the seam to minimalize the cut line. This was done by adding sculpy and curing it with a heat gun.

Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Takama

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on February 02, 2016, 02:34:31 AM

Everyone look at that Peg. Is that enough to keep this model together with glue?

Halichoeres

Mr. H, this looks phenomenal. Is the tenon only for the tail, or does the neck sit on one too?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 02, 2016, 02:42:05 AM
Mr. H, this looks phenomenal. Is the tenon only for the tail, or does the neck sit on one too?

The neck has one too, it comes apart where the grey sculpy is in the third pic, that sharpie line is a different dividing line I was considering.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on February 02, 2016, 02:36:30 AM

Everyone look at that Peg. Is that enough to keep this model together with glue?

If the pegs are well attached thy should hold fine.

Jetoar

Wonderful sculpture  :o. It going be a really trial to make a cast of it  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 02, 2016, 03:19:36 AM

So there will be no need for me to send it to you for pinning?

amargasaurus cazaui

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

PaleoMatt

This 1:40 scale!? If so take my money!!!

Takama

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on February 03, 2016, 02:33:26 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 02, 2016, 03:19:36 AM

So there will be no need for me to send it to you for pinning?

Nope, if as I said they are well attached then you can fill the hole with super glue, well not FILL, but put some in there, or even use epoxy for a better hold and it should work.

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 03, 2016, 04:02:42 PM
But but but....Leptoceratops?

I'm planning on releasing Lepto at the same time :)

Quote from: TE Matt on February 03, 2016, 04:17:29 PM
This 1:40 scale!? If so take my money!!!

Yep! 1:40

I'm going to include a single use Super Glue with each Argentinosaurus. The pegs will be cast one solid piece with their respective neck and tail. Going to Seattle today to get some more Silicone!

Takama

Kyakasaurus, do you still want to attempt a 1:40 archaeopteryx?

I think you should make a Few individuals on a Base. like the CollectA Koreaceratops

PaleoMatt

Quote from: Takama on February 03, 2016, 07:17:01 PM
Kyakasaurus, do you still want to attempt a 1:40 archaeopteryx?

I think you should make a Few individuals on a Base. like the CollectA Koreaceratops

This is a great idea!

Also are these going to be painted or unpainted?

terrorchicken

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on February 03, 2016, 05:26:45 PM

I'm going to include a single use Super Glue with each Argentinosaurus. The pegs will be cast one solid piece with their respective neck and tail. Going to Seattle today to get some more Silicone!

That should do it.  Wasn't sure since it looked like two pieces there. heh

Do you have a closeup of the head?  Also, what was the price again?

Kayakasaurus

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 03, 2016, 10:52:27 PM
Quote from: Kayakasaurus on February 03, 2016, 05:26:45 PM

That should do it.  Wasn't sure since it looked like two pieces there. heh

Do you have a closeup of the head?  Also, what was the price again?

I can't give a price yet since I don't know how much resin it will take and other things that could come up, but I'm looking forward to it. I just got more Silicone today, so it shouldn't be to long. Here are a couple shots closer to the head.

PaleoMatt

DinoLord

Great sculpt! A bit skinny for my tastes but well-done nonetheless.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: