News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

March of the Titans: The sauropods!

Started by Bokisaurus, May 13, 2012, 04:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 10, 2014, 03:14:36 AM
Not so much because of your paint ups Boki, but these Amargasaurs in general always remind me of horses. The shape of the front of the skull, mouth, the neck and even poses they are given are just somehow reminiscent of a horse to me.Am I the only one that draws that comparison or does anyone else ever notice this with Amargasaurus?
:)) Don't worry, to be honest, I actually did get inspiration from horses! I saw a photo of two stallions fighting and pose of these figures reminded me of it, so I painted them that color. I think it's the shape of the head and the spike on the neck reminds one of a horse mane ;)

Bokisaurus

Well, that little Tamba Sauropod made it to my collection ^-^ It's a nice little model, hard to get for sure, but well worth the wait and hunt!

Packaging is really nice with the skeleton drawing behind it.

Here he is with the rest of the Favorite Soft model sauropods

Cheers! ;D

postsaurischian

Wonderful model :D! Can't wait for mine.

Quote from: Bokisaurus on March 16, 2014, 10:44:39 PM
....... It's a nice little model, hard to get for sure, but well worth the wait and hunt!

;D The wait shouldn't have been soo long, since they've just started to sell the model this month.

ITdactyl

very nice model.

Thanks for sharing those comparison pics.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks great with the rest of the family there !

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Zhuchengotyrant

-Zhuchengotyrant

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Zhuchengotyrant, I've commented this same thing on another thread-you are spamming. Please stop. Don't stop interacting, by any means, don't get me wrong. Just stop spamming-posting multiple times in a row on every possible thread you can in order to increase your number of posts.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

I'm inclined to agree :-\ Don't take it personally, Zhuchengotyrant.

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 17, 2014, 12:20:25 AM
I'm inclined to agree :-\ Don't take it personally, Zhuchengotyrant.
No it's okay, TQ and Spinosaurus. I did it unintentionally, sorry. I will stop.
-Zhuchengotyrant

Bokisaurus

Well, you decide what the fate of this little one is :'(

Baby Alamosaurus and his mother fighting a big pterosaur!

Bokisaurus

Bullyland's new Europasaurus joins the herd. How the head is sculpted leaves a lot to be desired for, an okay figure of an obscure species.

Libraraptor

I love the figure despite the head, lovely little addition.

Bokisaurus

Newest long neck to join the herd, CollectA's Daxiatitan. I really love this new figure, in fact it could be the best sauropod yet from CollectA. The head is well sculpted, non on those cartoony head that plagued earlier sauropods from them.
[
How she compares with the rest of CollectA's similar sized figures and also Wild Safari's Brachiosaur
[]

Arul

darth daniel

Wow the Daxiatitan is nice... :)

I have just two small complaints: First, the feet look a bit wide compared to the legs, and second, although much finer than for example on the horrible Alamosaurus, the scales are still too large. I wish CollectA would replace their sauropod scales with finely wrinkled skin. Scales just don´t work well for such a huge animal in such a small scale.
Still, since the first photos it has been on my wishlist and it´s definately the best CollectA sauropod...

Shonisaurus

The only two complaints I have is that it is the Daxiatitan head as if it were a war paint and although I do not understand how the rest of those present anything even remotely paleontology, neck I'd like more erect.

Quen

I was waiting to see more pictures of this one before I decided if I liked it or not. I'm not so fond of the paint job, but I really like the sculpt and especially the thick neck. It's definitely on the list now!

Meso-Cenozoic

Thanks, Boki! Great pics!! I already knew I was going to get him, but it's still nice to see better pics of him. I was never thrilled about the apple-green coloration, but paint jobs never deter me. They can always be easily changed.

My main disappointment with most of CollectA's bigger sauropods is they usually make them in their Standard smaller line. I wish in the future they would make some of the larger specimens in their Deluxe 1/40 line. :)

Bokisaurus

Papo Apatosaurus joins the herd. It's a nice figure, I like it, it's has more nicer details that it's Brachiosaurus predecessor.
[

Cheers! :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: