News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

March of the Titans: The sauropods!

Started by Bokisaurus, May 13, 2012, 04:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Every Sauropod ColeectA has created so far.

Derek Sohoza

What's the model of the sauropod that's the 23rd picture down in the original post? Looks like camarasaurus, but I can't be sure. It's grayish, with a low-hanging head.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Derek Sohoza on June 03, 2013, 08:38:51 PM
What's the model of the sauropod that's the 23rd picture down in the original post? Looks like camarasaurus, but I can't be sure. It's grayish, with a low-hanging head.
Correct, it's a Camarasaurus, and it's a discontinued kit from the Kaiyodo Dinoland series. It was also copied by Waiphoon in a smaller scale.

Looks familiar?  ;D

Derek Sohoza

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 03, 2013, 09:02:44 PM
Quote from: Derek Sohoza on June 03, 2013, 08:38:51 PM
Correct, it's a Camarasaurus, and it's a discontinued kit from the Kaiyodo Dinoland series. It was also copied by Waiphoon in a smaller scale.

Looks familiar?  ;D

Ah, yet another elusive Kaiyodo kit. I thought it looked familiar. I love Gurney's work. He and Gregory Paul were some of my earliest inspirations for deciding to go into paleoart.

Bokisaurus

Shapeway Isisaurus finally painted... not too happy with it, may change it later ;)

And some old photos I forgot to add, some small figures ;D

docronnie

Before anything else, Congrats on your very beautiful and extremely excellent, super awesome Sauropod collection!  :)

Good thing you posted your Kaiyodo, Furuta and Kabaya mix, here at the end.  I just would like to ask as to what camera you use and if you're using a macro lens or just kit lens.  TIA!
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Bokisaurus

Quote from: docronnie on August 19, 2013, 01:58:31 AM
Before anything else, Congrats on your very beautiful and extremely excellent, super awesome Sauropod collection!  :)

Good thing you posted your Kaiyodo, Furuta and Kabaya mix, here at the end.  I just would like to ask as to what camera you use and if you're using a macro lens or just kit lens.  TIA!

Thanks, I just use a Nikon Coolpix L110 model camera, nothing fancy  ;)

Libraraptor

I have that Isisaurus too, and I find it pretty cool, even unpainted ;-) I wonder what the Gallimimus is doing among all those sauropods?!

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on August 23, 2013, 09:33:30 PM
I have that Isisaurus too, and I find it pretty cool, even unpainted ;-) I wonder what the Gallimimus is doing among all those sauropods?!

Haha, you noticed! I was wondering about that myself when I found him with the sauropod set. Wonder if he was a mix up, or if he really was part of the set. Anyone else who have the same set and can confirm?

Yeah, that Isisaurus is pretty cool figure painted or unpainted. Wish there was a bigger option for it ;)

Libraraptor

Quote from: Bokisaurus on August 24, 2013, 07:34:22 AM
Quote from: Libraraptor on August 23, 2013, 09:33:30 PM

Haha, you noticed! I was wondering about that myself when I found him with the sauropod set. Wonder if he was a mix up, or if he really was part of the set. Anyone else who have the same set and can confirm?

Yeah, that Isisaurus is pretty cool figure painted or unpainted. Wish there was a bigger option for it ;)

Wasn´t it available in three different sizes?

Zhuchengotyrant

-Zhuchengotyrant

Bokisaurus

Bokisaurus

tanystropheus

...almost looks like a dragon :)

Bokisaurus

Painted Shapeway titans joins the herd :)
1:40 Amargasaurus by Gorgonzola. I still have to finish the rearing version :)

mb-cg 1:72 Turiasaurus

The pair

tanystropheus

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on March 09, 2014, 05:24:16 AM
Both are superb.
Thanks ;)
Finally, the rearing version of the amarga

The pair together

amargasaurus cazaui

Not so much because of your paint ups Boki, but these Amargasaurs in general always remind me of horses. The shape of the front of the skull, mouth, the neck and even poses they are given are just somehow reminiscent of a horse to me.Am I the only one that draws that comparison or does anyone else ever notice this with Amargasaurus?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Yutyrannus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 10, 2014, 03:14:36 AM
Not so much because of your paint ups Boki, but these Amargasaurs in general always remind me of horses. The shape of the front of the skull, mouth, the neck and even poses they are given are just somehow reminiscent of a horse to me.Am I the only one that draws that comparison or does anyone else ever notice this with Amargasaurus?
Yeah, I've noticed that too.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: