News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dan's Dinosaurs [ DTF Exclusive Offers ]

Started by Dan, March 13, 2012, 10:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

Blade-of-the-Moon

Takama

Im going with Triceratops Carcass

Dan

These have all been popular pieces, but the winner was Takama, who correctly guessed Triceratops Carcass. Hopefully we'll see similar pieces in the future, and I've got my fingers crossed for a big sauropod carcass. Congrats to Takama - please feel free to send an e-mail or PM when you're ready to redeem your prize.

-----------------

Trivia

First correct answer gets a free Safari Ltd. tote bag with next figure purchase (One answer per member).

Answers may be submitted as responses to this thread. Please do not quote this post when responding. Good luck!

2014 marks the 250th anniversary of the discovery of the very first remains of:

A.) Iguanodon
B.) Megalosaurus
C.) Mosasaur
D.) Hylaeosaurus
E.) Hadrosaur

brandem

Mosasaur?

amargasaurus cazaui

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Dan

The winner was brandem. The first mosasaur remains were found in the famed Maastricht limestone quarry in 1764. One can only imagine the awe of discovering a mosasaur skull long before such things were known to exist. Congrats to the winner - please feel free to send an e-mail or PM when you're ready to redeem your prize.

-----------------

Trivia

First correct answer gets a free Safari Ltd. tote bag with next figure purchase (One answer per member).

Answers may be submitted as responses to this thread. Please do not quote this post when responding. Good luck!

During preproduction on "The Good Dinosaur", Pixar ordered several models from Dan's Dinosaurs. Which of the following was among the pieces ordered?

A.) Papo Velociraptor
B.) CollectA Camptosaurus
C.) Carnegie Allosaurus
D.) Apatosaurus by David Krentz
E.) Bullyland Ankylosaurus

Invicta Hunter

postsaurischian

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Grrr. I would have said apatosaurus.  ;D
Well, I'll have to go with Ankylosaurus?
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Takama

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 03, 2014, 03:34:51 PM
A.) Papo Velociraptor

I hope not, that means there not following modern scientific accuracy.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Takama on April 03, 2014, 04:10:49 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on April 03, 2014, 03:34:51 PM
A.) Papo Velociraptor

I hope not, that means there not following modern scientific accuracy.
We'll come on, it is an animated "children's" movie, after all!  ;D
Plus, the big bad raptors from JP are what many people today think of when they hear "raptor".
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Dan

Not many options remaining, if anyone wants to take a guess? We'll do a more academic question next.

Patrx

Seijun

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Dan

The winner was Seijun. As you've noticed, the design team for "The Good Dinosaur" did not gravitate toward a realistic design aesthetic - most studios I've worked with place little emphasis on the science - but it was still an honor to be involved. Congrats to the winner - please feel free to send an e-mail or PM when you're ready to redeem your prize.

-----------------

Trivia

Which of the following did not live during the Triassic?

A.) Shastasaurus
B.) Howesia
C.) Varanops
D.) Typothorax
E.) Exaeretodon

amargasaurus cazaui

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Dan

Nicely done! Varanops was of course from the Permian. Please feel free to send an e-mail or PM when you're ready to redeem your prize.

That concludes this round of trivia, but I hope to offer it again soon. Please let me know if you've enjoyed it, or if you have ideas for other games. Thanks!

Dan

Now Available

New Lu Feng Shan Models: Protoceratops and Brontotherium

New Shane Foulkes Models: Psittacosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, and Scutosaurus

Papo Archaeopteryx

tyrantqueen

I always feel like Christmas has come early when Dan updates his store >:D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: