News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Price of Rare Figures on the Web

Started by RobinGoodfellow, December 12, 2015, 08:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on December 05, 2017, 08:24:21 PM
I got that  Battat Gallimimus. I just really wanted one. As I believe that and Utahraptor are not going to the Terra line. I now have both.
Congratulations on the Gallimimus!  I was unsuccessful. But I picked up the WS Hypacrosaurus, which I had been hunting for ages.

Daspletotyrannus

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 05, 2017, 10:32:11 PM
Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on December 05, 2017, 08:24:21 PM
I got that  Battat Gallimimus. I just really wanted one. As I believe that and Utahraptor are not going to the Terra line. I now have both.
Congratulations on the Gallimimus!  I was unsuccessful. But I picked up the WS Hypacrosaurus, which I had been hunting for ages.

Thank you. Congratulations on the Hypacrosaurus. I recently pick up one too. I wouldn't mind if they had Doug redo it. 

sauroid

which one is rarer? the reddish or the bluish Bullyland Batrachotomus?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: sauroid on December 06, 2017, 11:08:29 AM
which one is rarer? the reddish or the bluish Bullyland Batrachotomus?

Both of them are not-so-easy-to-find (..I don't like so much the word "rare" used for mass-produced figures  ;) ).
The blue version was the first one produced (as far as I know) so it's probably the less common to find..

sauroid

haha good thing i have two of the reddish one. :D
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

$130 for a Battat Triceratops. I have one and I'd gladly accept that sum for it. Good lord.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 03, 2018, 10:58:38 PM
$130 for a Battat Triceratops. I have one and I'd gladly accept that sum for it. Good lord.

A step too far for me!  That was just too much and commonsense prevailed, though I put in a strong bid.

Daspletotyrannus

I thought what I paid for mine was too much. Now I'm just happy I got mine at the price I got it for.

PhilSauria

Looking at that price, unless this one is ever re-issued I don't think I'll ever own one!

SidB

Never say never - I got four Battat originals about a year and a half ago for under thirty dollars in a lot sale on Ebay: the Triceratops, the Ouranosaurus, the Maiasaura and a Styracosaurus. Unbelievable!  Keep looking, there's always hope.

Joey

Quote from: SidB on January 04, 2018, 04:26:07 AM
Never say never - I got four Battat originals about a year and a half ago for under thirty dollars in a lot sale on Ebay: the Triceratops, the Ouranosaurus, the Maiasaura and a Styracosaurus. Unbelievable!  Keep looking, there's always hope.
I love the optimism!

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: ceratopsian on January 03, 2018, 11:02:44 PM
A step too far for me!  That was just too much and commonsense prevailed, though I put in a strong bid.
Probably your friend from http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=14.msg189568#msg189568
had bitten you to it  ;D ;D

ceratopsian

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on January 04, 2018, 11:31:25 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on January 03, 2018, 11:02:44 PM
Probably your friend from http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=14.msg189568#msg189568
had bitten you to it  ;D ;D
I am sure another will come along!  It's not like I haven't made some excellent acquisitions recently.

BrontoScorpio

I'm sure it will - rather soon - and in a better price too.
Good decision of yours to let it go this time -
I really think you better off without it than paying almost 130$.

Shonisaurus

Well, even if you do not believe it, I was the one who won the Battat triceratops bid. I needed it even though I know that it will come very late due to the Christmas holidays or even get lost, in fact I have not unfortunately still received the tyrannosaurus rex Battat version 3 that I bought from patriot and may be lost.

I honestly offered in the bid an exorbitant money, that is to say a wild price in such a way that could assure me this figure, for me it was very important after having the triceratops Safari and the triceratops PNSO, this figure was the jewel in the crown that I had left in terms of triceratops models. I am very sorry for the members of the forum that you have not achieved this figure but for me it was vital. I risked a lot of money even with the problem that I could and I can even raise the strict customs laws of Spain, from the monetary point of view but what I said I wanted and as I said I have thrown the house out the window.

ceratopsian

Shonisaurus, congratulations on the Trike. I am glad it has gone to an excellent home where it will be appreciated, and to a friend of mine.   I am only sorry that you had to pay so much for it!  Do not give up hope over the T. Rex parcel. It may still turn up. The postal system gets busy at Christmas and New Year. And again, congratulations!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on January 04, 2018, 08:05:29 PM
Shonisaurus, congratulations on the Trike. I am glad it has gone to an excellent home where it will be appreciated, and to a friend of mine.   I am only sorry that you had to pay so much for it!  Do not give up hope over the T. Rex parcel. It may still turn up. The postal system gets busy at Christmas and New Year. And again, congratulations!

Thank you esteemed ceraptosian and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2018. I hope that those who seek that beauty will also reach the time to find it for a quarter of the price at least that mine.  ;)  :)

Honestly now I risk a lot in my bets. I lost unfortunately the pachycephalosaurus Battat and the most painful the uintatherium and andrewsarchus of Play Visions apart from my screw-up with the supposed "sale" (scam actually) of the very cheap palorchestes of Play Visions in a pirate shop.  :(

Archinto

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 04, 2018, 07:20:58 PM
Well, even if you do not believe it, I was the one who won the Battat triceratops bid. I needed it even though I know that it will come very late due to the Christmas holidays or even get lost, in fact I have not unfortunately still received the tyrannosaurus rex Battat version 3 that I bought from patriot and may be lost.

I honestly offered in the bid an exorbitant money, that is to say a wild price in such a way that could assure me this figure, for me it was very important after having the triceratops Safari and the triceratops PNSO, this figure was the jewel in the crown that I had left in terms of triceratops models. I am very sorry for the members of the forum that you have not achieved this figure but for me it was vital. I risked a lot of money even with the problem that I could and I can even raise the strict customs laws of Spain, from the monetary point of view but what I said I wanted and as I said I have thrown the house out the window.

Ive sent items to spain before and its sometimes taken over a month for items to arrive there sent from the usa. Have faith that your dinosaurs will make it! Sometimes they get wrapped up in customs and they hold it for a while.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

sauroid

that's why i postpone all shipping/trades during the xmas season (from mid November til mid January of the following year).

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 04, 2018, 07:20:58 PM
Well, even if you do not believe it, I was the one who won the Battat triceratops bid. I needed it...
I honestly offered in the bid an exorbitant money, that is to say a wild price in such a way that could assure me this figure, for me it was very important

Well, I do believe it, as I wrote before, and I see you did it again with the Battat Ouranosaurus :
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Battat-Boston-Museum-Science-dinosaur-model-Ouranosaurus-/112733759890
Good thing I got my Battat Original Acrocanthosaurus ( which was always considered to be the most pricy, after the Battat Diplodocus ) before you got in to business -
since I wouldn't have stand the chance against you ... :)

Just a word of a friendly advice :
I don't know how old are you, but, You realy need to think what makes you NEED it right now so much, that you :
1. willing to pay this kind of money.
2. Act in a way that clearly inflates the amount you will going to end up paying
(I'm talking about making an outrageous Initial bid ).

If you are just a  bored Milioner -  I take it back all I said - do what ever you feel like to ... :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: