News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 18, 2016, 06:16:43 PM
Thank you!  Yes, those additional images clearly show their differences even more.  From the previous photos, the colors themselves seemed a little different and I was right!

Good job at pointing out yet another cool variant!  I will use your photos as reference for when I hunt these down for myself!  :)

Thanks glad I could help ;D

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 14, 2016, 12:50:57 AM
Quote from: imnewhere on January 12, 2016, 11:45:59 AM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 12, 2016, 07:41:15 AM
The latest version of Spino has brighter rainbow colors on the sail.  If you look at my Spino galleries, you can clearly see the difference between the original and darker second version released the last few years.  But the added "color" to the sail is a nice touch and I definitely want to pick one up!  When I first seen it, it grabbed my attention!!!!!

Isn't that the version 2 spino? I thought you said it was the 3rd variant

The third variant has even brighter rainbow colors than the second version I posted.  I'll have to go out and get this newer one so you can see what I mean.

Sorry to be a bother but can you update us on that 3rd variant of the spino I'm dying to see it

Viking Spawn

Quote from: imnewhere on January 18, 2016, 06:44:33 PM
The latest version of Spino has brighter rainbow colors on the sail.  If you look at my Spino galleries, you can clearly see the difference between the original and darker second version released the last few years.  But the added "color" to the sail is a nice touch and I definitely want to pick one up!  When I first seen it, it grabbed my attention!!!!!

The third variant has even brighter rainbow colors than the second version I posted.  I'll have to go out and get this newer one so you can see what I mean.

Sorry to be a bother but can you update us on that 3rd variant of the spino I'm dying to see it

I will in due time.  I'm currently nursing a broken leg and its hard for me to get around at the moment.  The last time I seen version 3 on a store shelf (Hobby Lobby), it too had a broken leg.  I was waiting for new inventory to come in before I grabbed one. 

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 18, 2016, 06:58:56 PM

I will in due time.  I'm currently nursing a broken leg and its hard for me to get around at the moment.  The last time I seen version 3 on a store shelf (Hobby Lobby), it too had a broken leg.  I was waiting for new inventory to come in before I grabbed one.

Oh its fine its fine I hope that leg gets better  :)

Viking Spawn

Quote from: imnewhere on January 18, 2016, 08:09:57 PM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 18, 2016, 06:58:56 PM

Oh its fine its fine I hope that leg gets better  :)

Thank you my friend.  Right now, my leg feels like I'm carrying a heavy club.  Very uncomfortable and frustrating.

JurassicGeek09

Hey folks. I have a question. Aside from the Running and Standing T.rex, which Papo figures have undergone repaints?
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

MLMjp

The velociraptors and the baby T.rexes.
The velociraptors have four variations:

• Sandy brown with black stripes(The original, retired, very hard to find).
  • Grey with brown stripe.
  • Rainbow (exclusive to toysrus and mastermind).
  • Green with black stripes(coming this year).

The baby rexes come in green and brown, one version has been retired, but I don't remember which one.

JurassicGeek09

Thanks! So the Apatosaurus, Stegosaurus, and Trike are all the same as their day one releases?
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

Viking Spawn

Quote from: DoomRulz on January 20, 2016, 06:12:39 PM
Thanks! So the Apatosaurus, Stegosaurus, and Trike are all the same as their day one releases?

Minus some tweeks in the paint apps, they are relatively still the same.  There are some obvious variations in the Stegosaurus from years ago until now.  But no repaint overhaul like MLMjp has listed.

JurassicGeek09

Thanks chaps, I appreciate the responses. I bought a Papo Apatosaurus last weekend after seeing, I think, five or so models on display and I swear they all had different paint jobs. Some had stripes that were more apparent, the one I purchased was a solid dull brown in its entirety.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: JPFan4Life on January 21, 2016, 12:22:55 AM
Thanks chaps, I appreciate the responses. I bought a Papo Apatosaurus last weekend after seeing, I think, five or so models on display and I swear they all had different paint jobs. Some had stripes that were more apparent, the one I purchased was a solid dull brown in its entirety.

would love some photos  ;)

Viking Spawn

Quote from: imnewhere on January 22, 2016, 12:15:09 AM

Seconded.  ^^^^

JurassicGeek09

Sure, next time I'm at the store where I saw it! I just hope the manager doesn't chew me out :P

oscars_dinos

Quote from: JPFan4Life on January 22, 2016, 01:01:44 AM

Sure, next time I'm at the store where I saw it! I just hope the manager doesn't chew me out :P

I never understood that like why would they get mad ????

JurassicGeek09

Oh I don't know. Maybe he thinks I'm scouting out the store for a break-in or something.

Viking Spawn

Whatever you come up with, your efforts are appreciated.  If the manager asks, just tell him you know of other collectors that may be interested.  This way, you could also be helping him sell his products.  Which really isn't a lie. 

Halichoeres

Quote from: imnewhere on January 22, 2016, 03:55:23 AM

I never understood that like why would they get mad ????
They usually assume it's somebody from a rival company stealing merchandising ideas. At least that's the rationale I was given when I worked retail years ago.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

POP of FAN

Hello there guys,

here are the pictures of some PAPO 2016 1st & 2nd quarter releases, including Baryonyx, Kaprosuchus, Green Velociraptor, Rainbow Running T rex, sperm-whale, narwhal, baby seal, puma, Kangaroo with joey, and Tarantula.

Again, courtesy of PAPO Korea: http://blog.naver.com/eurofd/220607991142

*These are not pictures of the prototype but of the sample products. Yet I hope this is of any help to you guys. :)
And don't forget that you heard it first from PAPO Korea & POP of FAN. :)

Saurox

All but the Feathered Velociraptor  :o

The Baryonyx doesn't look quite as chubby in these images (although still has a xmas tum), and it's neck looks a lot longer too. Still have concerns about the feet and the overall position/pose.

All the others look fantastic and I can't wait to get them.

Looking forward to more pics of the feathered raptor

POP of FAN

And... for the prototype pictures of PAPO Bary: http://blog.naver.com/eurofd/220608313574

:D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: