News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking Spawn

Thank for the news POP of FAN!  Those images really made my day!!!

Shonisaurus

Thank Pop of Fan link 2016 dinosaur figures are a luxury.

JurassicGeek09

Those images; is that a different Baryonyx sculpt or is it the same one with his mouth open? The pose looks ever-so slightly different.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

terrorchicken

it looks better in these pics, the pose is still awkward looking.

Jetoar

Figures looks better now  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

Kapro looks great! Much darker too. Repaint Raptor looks dull as heck, Rex is okay. Bary... still off in many ways. I really need to see that one for real to form an opinion on it.

Victoria's Cantina

I think I see it now. The Baryonyx looks like he's in a stream and suddenly, a fish leaps out of the water. Surprised, Baryonyx spreads his arms and opens his mouth in anticipation of securing lunch. At least that's the way I'm starting to read it now. :)

Saurox

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: Victoria B on January 26, 2016, 08:18:32 AM
I think I see it now. The Baryonyx looks like he's in a stream and suddenly, a fish leaps out of the water. Surprised, Baryonyx spreads his arms and opens his mouth in anticipation of securing lunch. At least that's the way I'm starting to read it now. :)

But was it physically possible for it to assume such a pose at all? I doubt it.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

CityRaptor

I wouldn't outrule it. Birds can be pretty flexible.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

JurassicGeek09

Yeah but this isn't a bird, strictly speaking.

empire3569

Quote from: JurassicGeek09 on January 26, 2016, 10:34:23 PM

I also wouldn't rule it out; do a quick google image search of "monitor lizards fighting" and you can see they end up in poses that would certainly look unnatural if you only knew the animal based on fossil evidence. This sculpt was clearly meant to show an animal in movement, thus the pose that only shows a snapshot of said movement appears "unnatural" or "monster-like"

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: JurassicGeek09 on January 26, 2016, 10:34:23 PM

I don't see why not... you have to imagine this as a frozen moment in time, which is what any posed model ultimately represents. It isn't as though the Baryonyx is supposed to be walking around like this. Animals can assume all manner of poses that seem un-natural if one captures a single moment in their movement and actions. Look at this picture of a crocodile:

Superficially it appears to be in a tripod stance, and it looks incredibly awkward. But clearly it isn't 'unnatural', it's just unusual. Given that it's impossible to say what was or wasn't physically possible for a Dinosaur, I don't think the Baryonyx appears that unbelievable, unless one assumes that such theropods were incredibly rigid and static in their motions.

JurassicGeek09

OK, fair enough. I will concede the point then. I guess I'm a little bitter because I expect better from Papo. The tripod stance is just wrong. I'd hate for Papo to start pulling Carnegies.

Saurox

You can pre order them on Dan's Dinosaurs now.

I've got to wait for them to be available in stores, simply because I can't afford the £45 P&P charge along with the price of the models. The Baryonx is $39.99 though :/

Victoria's Cantina

Dan's Dinosaurs has the 2015 Tyrannosaurus and Velociraptor repaints that were previously only officially released in Canada and Europe!  ;D ;D ;D

I totally got my order in the moment I saw them. So happy! (And ultimately, it's not such a bad thing the set I ordered from Korea was lost in transit since I saved ordering from Dan.)

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Victoria B on January 27, 2016, 09:00:07 AM
Dan's Dinosaurs has the 2015 Tyrannosaurus and Velociraptor repaints that were previously only officially released in Canada and Europe!  ;D ;D ;D

I totally got my order in the moment I saw them. So happy! (And ultimately, it's not such a bad thing the set I ordered from Korea was lost in transit since I saved ordering from Dan.)

Congrats Victoria!  It's a great set!  You won't be disappointed!   I wasn't so sure about the colors but they look cool in person! 

POP of FAN

Quote from: Victoria B on January 27, 2016, 09:00:07 AM

Congrats, Victoria!!!! I hope you get a fine product!!!

BTW, FYI, the 2015 papo repaint sets were not Europe & Canada-exclusive.
PAPO Korea 'officially' imported them last August, so it hit the market here pretty earlier than in Europe and Canada. ;)

And... too bad your order from Korea got lost in transit. I also know of that particular seller, but that kind of accident usually does not happen. ;(
Could've made the whole thing a lot easier for you, if PAPO Koree itself had started international shipping back then. ;(

Jeff C. Lee

terrorchicken

we need a company to make a leaping prehistoric croc to complement the baryonyx pose...or maybe use Papo's leaping extant croc.

Halichoeres

Quote from: terrorchicken on January 27, 2016, 06:31:14 PM
we need a company to make a leaping prehistoric croc to complement the baryonyx pose...or maybe use Papo's leaping extant croc.

I think they should have made a Sarcosuchus instead of a Kaprosuchus! Not that I dislike their Kaprosuchus, but there's already a good one on the market, and the existing Sarcosuchus figures are pretty weak.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: