News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oscars_dinos

Quote from: masakira on February 08, 2016, 10:31:39 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on February 08, 2016, 03:37:38 PM
Quote from: masakira on February 07, 2016, 11:08:30 PM

size comparison (via Everything dinosaur Facebook page)
Hmm, that seam looks a bit noticeable but so far, it looks really, really good! I mean, papo are known to have a problem with seams on their dinosaurs. At least they didn't choose to do what they did with their Allosaurus and change paint colours ON the seam to make it even more noticeable!

It's one of the few real misgivings I have with the Feathered Velociraptor that seam.  :-\

I really hope they can like somehow fix that or something... I mean I know they can't but common man its such a beautifully sculpted piece but then that seem just ruins it

Saurox

To be honest, the more I look at the head from this angle the less impressive it looks. By June time (release time according to everything dinosaur) I might not think it's worth it (especially for £17, same as the green t rex running).

DinoG

Well this gives credit to Rebor, remember they justified their higher prices because producing a model from a single piece of plastic is more expensive than assembled figures? We can totally see it in Papo now can't we? The 17£ tag still looks pricey to me, where did you get this number?
Run!

Patrx

Eep. The seam doesn't bug me a bit, but you can really see how sunken the fenestrae are in that photo.

AcroSauroTaurus

Maybe they made the head that wide so that it could have an articulated jaw. It would be pretty hard to give a figure that small an articulated jaw when it has such a small head, so they probably widened the head so that it was easier to give it an articulated jaw.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Shadowknight1

Quote from: masakira on February 10, 2016, 06:30:59 PM
To be honest, the more I look at the head from this angle the less impressive it looks. By June time (release time according to everything dinosaur) I might not think it's worth it (especially for £17, same as the green t rex running).
JUNE?!  But they keep saying "a few weeks".  June isn't a few weeks away.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Saurox

Quote from: DinoG on February 10, 2016, 07:24:07 PM
Well this gives credit to Rebor, remember they justified their higher prices because producing a model from a single piece of plastic is more expensive than assembled figures? We can totally see it in Papo now can't we? The 17£ tag still looks pricey to me, where did you get this number?

dans dinosaurs has it priced at $24.99 so covert that into pounds = 17.29.

yankeetrex

Papo is starting to price me out of their line. I always liked that the most a figure in the line was around 25 dollars.  I can't justify spending 25 dollars on a Raptor near the size of the JP raptor for double the cost. Also, unless the Bary is at least 3 to 4 more inches in length than the Spino or the Rex's, its price tag is also too much.

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: yankeetrex on February 12, 2016, 05:50:55 AM
Papo is starting to price me out of their line. I always liked that the most a figure in the line was around 25 dollars.  I can't justify spending 25 dollars on a Raptor near the size of the JP raptor for double the cost. Also, unless the Bary is at least 3 to 4 more inches in length than the Spino or the Rex's, its price tag is also too much.

I wish $25 was the most Papo dinosaurs sold for. I can't get the Brachiosaurus for less than $49.99.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

Saurox

Quote from: JurassicGeek09 on February 12, 2016, 10:38:49 PM

I wish $25 was the most Papo dinosaurs sold for. I can't get the Brachiosaurus for less than $49.99.

The most i've spent on a Papo figure was £25 for the discontinued Green stock T Rex. I got a second one 3 days later for £6 from Germany.
I miss the days where you could find stuff for a reasonable price instead of sells basing their pricing on past winning bids on Ebay :/

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: masakira on February 13, 2016, 08:35:00 PM
Quote from: JurassicGeek09 on February 12, 2016, 10:38:49 PM

The most i've spent on a Papo figure was £25 for the discontinued Green stock T Rex. I got a second one 3 days later for £6 from Germany.
I miss the days where you could find stuff for a reasonable price instead of sells basing their pricing on past winning bids on Ebay :/

The Ebay completed listings prices are a very good way to determine market value. That's why other Ebay auctions, third party sellers on Amazon, and other websites sell at the prices they do.

Saurox

I still think much of it is extortion.
Particularly regarding discontinued items. There is someone currently trying to sell a v1 papo raptor for £85 claiming it's a bargain. Smh. I'm just glad I've got a couple already :)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: masakira on February 14, 2016, 06:23:06 PM
Particularly regarding discontinued items. There is someone currently trying to sell a v1 papo raptor for £85 claiming it's a bargain. Smh. I'm just glad I've got a couple already :)
It's not extortion: it's the human nature.
If you have a rare/discontinued item you bought for less times ago and you decide to sell it, what would you do?
Sell it for half the price you spent (because it's not NEW but USED) or sell it as a RARE ITEM?
On October an UK Ebayer did an auction for a V1 Papo Raptor.
The last bid (made by a user, obviously..) was more than £85:

It's the human nature ( and collectors are mad, me too...  >:D ).

P.S. ..and don't forget about this:

:o  :o

CityRaptor

Geez.

Quote from: Victoria B on February 14, 2016, 07:41:36 AM
The Ebay completed listings prices are a very good way to determine market value. That's why other Ebay auctions, third party sellers on Amazon, and other websites sell at the prices they do.

And then there are those who ignore the completed listing and just try to sell stuff for a huge amount of money, resulting in their items being listed for months.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

Quote from: Charlie P. on February 14, 2016, 08:28:10 PM
There's a good way to avoid "extortion": just ignore eBay and private sellers on Amazon. I don't think that a different colour justify such a crazy amount of money. I would love to get the original brown Velociraptor but there's no way I'm going to pay 100+ euros for something that's pre-owned too. I think that the upcoming green repaint will work good for me, it looks very similar to the first version. With PAPO we're lucky that they haven't actually retired any sculpt yet, they've just changed paint scheme to a couple of models.

I think it's actually quite unlucky that they haven't retired the Pteranodon or Tylosaurus  ;D
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Charlie P. on February 14, 2016, 09:07:36 PM
Maybe a JW inspired Mosasaurus would be the right occasion to retire that retro Tylosaurus>:D

I really hope they don't!
I'm really tired of JP inspired monster... ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Charlie P. on February 14, 2016, 08:28:10 PM
There's a good way to avoid "extortion": just ignore eBay and private sellers on Amazon. I don't think that a different colour justify such a crazy amount of money. I would love to get the original brown Velociraptor but there's no way I'm going to pay 100+ euros for something that's pre-owned too. I think that the upcoming green repaint will work good for me, it looks very similar to the first version. With PAPO we're lucky that they haven't actually retired any sculpt yet, they've just changed paint scheme to a couple of models.

Exactly. If no one buys then there is no "extortion". Just a seller asking way more than he will ever get for a piece.

Saurox

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on February 14, 2016, 06:59:15 PM
Quote from: masakira on February 14, 2016, 06:23:06 PM
It's not extortion: it's the human nature.
If you have a rare/discontinued item you bought for less times ago and you decide to sell it, what would you do?
Sell it for half the price you spent (because it's not NEW but USED) or sell it as a RARE ITEM?
On October an UK Ebayer did an auction for a V1 Papo Raptor.
The last bid (made by a user, obviously..) was more than £85:

It's the human nature ( and collectors are mad, me too...  >:D ).

P.S. ..and don't forget about this:

:o  :o

I remember both of those.  :-\. And you are right, collectors are mad.

FlawedCoil82

Quote from: Charlie P. on February 15, 2016, 01:58:49 AM
Am I the only one disliking those "rainbow" repaints, especially on the rexes?

Im not sure but I really want that rainbow running Rex!

empire3569

Quote from: Charlie P. on February 15, 2016, 01:58:49 AM
Am I the only one disliking those "rainbow" repaints, especially on the rexes?

I am the same way, I very much dislike the rainbow rex's. The raptor repaint is alright, but I still have absolutely no interest in acquiring either of them

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: