News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanosaur7

Velociraptor v.3 feathered
Giganotosaurus
Lambeosaurus
Baby Spinosaurus
Mamenchisaurus
A sea monster, like Elasmosaurus

Hopefully at least one of them gets produced.😄

Deanosaur7

Forgot to add:
- Yangchaungosaurus
- Ceratosaurus

Manatee

Quote from: Deanosaur7 on August 01, 2014, 10:47:53 PM

Giganotosaurus
Lambeosaurus
Baby Spinosaurus
Mamenchisaurus

Feathered Velociraptor must happen. And not just the "it's accurate, it has three feathers!" kind, the overly fluffy kind.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Manatee on August 02, 2014, 12:49:11 AM

Giganotosaurus
Lambeosaurus
Baby Spinosaurus
Mamenchisaurus

Feathered Velociraptor must happen. And not just the "it's accurate, it has three feathers!" kind, the overly fluffy kind.
That would be cool, but it is highly unlikely Papo will release any more feathered figures.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Ridureyu

If the Dilophosaurus were more matte instead of glossy, it would have been much better.

joossa

Quote from: Ridureyu on August 02, 2014, 07:55:46 AM
If the Dilophosaurus were more matte instead of glossy, it would have been much better.
I really dislike the glossy finish.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tyrantqueen

It's not so bad in real life. But yeah, there is a difference compared to their older models. I hope they will go back to the matte look they used for their older sculpts, like their Allosaurus.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 02, 2014, 12:51:57 AM

Giganotosaurus
Lambeosaurus
Baby Spinosaurus
Mamenchisaurus

That would be cool, but it is highly unlikely Papo will release any more feathered figures.

Why? Did the Archaeophteryx fail to meet sales expectations? No Papo Therizinosaurus?

SpartanSquat

I think they would release another one. One good friend said me that Papo will release a feathered dinosaur. I hope its a Therizinosaurus!
Others models...
Parasaurolophus v.2
Corythosaurus
Pliosaurus
A true Ankylosaurus(Colors based in JP3)
Ceratosaurus
Apatosaurus (Like Sideshow)

joossa

I found Papo rip offs at the San Diego Natural History Museum!!

They had the sitting Rex and the Allosaurus. Both were clearly forgeries and some tag on them.... Took some quick pictures before the employee started noticing me.. Both were under $20.

As a bonus, they had this awesome Triceratops:
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tyrantqueen

Is that the Favorite Ltd. Trike, or a bootleg of the Favorite Ltd. Trike? (unlikely I guess, but not impossible)

joossa

The triceratops looked legit. It was on a high shelf with other expensive dino stuff.

Looked just lie this:
http://dinotoyblog.com/2007/07/22/triceratops-kinto/
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

SpartanSquat

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 05, 2014, 04:28:09 AM
Is that the Favorite Ltd. Trike, or a bootleg of the Favorite Ltd. Trike? (unlikely I guess, but not impossible)
I think the house is Dinostoreus, or Dinosaureus is from Favorite¿

Roselaar

I might buy those Papo bootlegs if I found them cheaply, they look decent enough. Were those Schleich figures they had bootlegs too?

joossa

One other bin had a bunch of triceratops. They looked ugly and I didn't recognize them. The fourth bin had some kind of Quetzalcoatlus-looking figure. Didn't recognize those either.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

stargatedalek

I'd buy them in a heartbeat
is it just me, or does the rex longer less JP like jaws?

sauroid

were they all hollow?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

joossa

Good question... I don't remember though. I was in a rush since there were a lot of people in the museum store. I picked up the Allo and sitting Rex since they didn't look right, but it was real quick. The Allo looked crappy compared to the real thing. However, the sitting Rex look quite nice. I didn;t buy either, but am almost regretting not getting the sitting Rex now.

They did have a whole section of Wild Safari and Carnegie figures, though. A nice selection.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Yutyrannus

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 02, 2014, 08:38:14 PM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 02, 2014, 12:51:57 AM

Giganotosaurus
Lambeosaurus
Baby Spinosaurus
Mamenchisaurus

Why? Did the Archaeophteryx fail to meet sales expectations? No Papo Therizinosaurus?
No it didn't, just because they make one feathered figure of an animal known to have feathers doesn't mean they'll make any figures of dinosaurs with no preserved feathers. Besides even their Archaeopteryx looks more like a monster than a bird. The Archaeopteryx was probably just a one time thing, I don't see why everyone seems to think just because they made an Archaeopteryx that they will suddenly start making all of their figures with feathers.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Shadowknight1

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 02, 2014, 08:22:48 AM
It's not so bad in real life. But yeah, there is a difference compared to their older models. I hope they will go back to the matte look they used for their older sculpts, like their Allosaurus.
I've owned two Allosaurus and even THEY have a little gloss to their upper scutes.  My only problem with Dilophosaurus is that it's hard to find a natural way to have him sitting on the shelf.  They really shouldn't have balanced him on that arm, they should have had his body more up like the Allosaurus.  But one gripe isn't too bad, IMO, and it's nice to have a Dilophosaurus that I didn't have to pay through the nose for and isn't inspired by Jurassic Park.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: