News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

I strongly think that a baby Stegosaurus will be announced for Papo's 2015 line up. I would like to see an Apatosaurus and Giganotosaurus from them. They're easy picks to do and they're guaranteed to be decent sellers.

stargatedalek

my top guesses would be baby stegosaurus and baby pteranodon
with JW coming I would expect Papo to focus on the JP based figures

Shadowknight1

Got my Dilophosaurus today and while I do wish it wasn't balancing on its arm and was in a more "upright" stance, I have to say I really do like this guy.  I love the blue-green coloration on him and especially love how the crests look.  When I first started collecting Papo dinosaurs with the "Velociraptor", Allosaurus, and T. rex, I've been wanting to see a Dilophosaurus from them.  I did get a bit worried when their Spinosaurus came out and it was just the Jurassic Park 3 "monster"(which I did not get) because I did not want a JP Dilo.  Thankfully, this guy looks like he could have been in Jurassic Park(something I've said about the Allosaurus), but is not the JP "dinosaur".  If I ever get a good camera, I'll take pictures of him and the rest of my collection.

Now...if only Papo would do Acrocanthosaurus...I'm sure they could do some fantastic creative license with that spine.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Concavenator

Yes please post pics of it!Would love to see your collection as well!

Concavenator

BTW,has anyone realised that Papo has an official Facebook page?  ::)
There it is:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Papo-France/1439963236244213
Hey,now we can send them our suggestions to there Facebook page

stargatedalek

doesn't seem like they use it very much
or maybe safari is just crazy active for whatever reason (my comparison point)

EmperorDinobot

How big is the Dillow?

Concavenator

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 23, 2014, 07:04:50 AM
How big is the Dillow?
It's smaller than the Carnotaurus.

EmperorDinobot

I do not have that. I'm the resident Papo hater. Despite this fact, I have...Parasaurolophus and Stegosaurus. How does he size up to them? How does he size up to...say...Carnegie Spinosaurus?

tanystropheus

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 23, 2014, 11:55:02 AM
I do not have that. I'm the resident Papo hater. Despite this fact, I have...Parasaurolophus and Stegosaurus. How does he size up to them? How does he size up to...say...Carnegie Spinosaurus?

Why are you the resident Papo hater???Papo makes the BEST JP toys. You are one of the biggest JP supporters on the forum. Something is not computing here. LOL. I expect Papo to make the very best Jurassic World figures, as well :)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: tanystropheus on July 23, 2014, 11:11:06 PM

Why are you the resident Papo hater???Papo makes the BEST JP toys. You are one of the biggest JP supporters on the forum. Something is not computing here. LOL. I expect Papo to make the very best Jurassic World figures, as well :)
How very strange.

EmperorDinobot

I think it has something to do with the fact that they gave their Pteranodon teeth, something I wasn't able to reconcile properly. And the Triceratops absolutely sucks. Ever since then I haven't liked them.
I also do not consider them JP toys. Otherwise they would have done the Parasaurolophus in brown and beige and so forth and forth.

But yes, yes it is strange. I also think they're wayyy overrated.

But I like the Dilophosaurus. They may have won my heart back. I have the Parasaurolophus and Stegosaurus and I really do like them.

stargatedalek

I have their pteranodon, parasaurolophus, and archeopteryx, as well as a number of their other animal figures
the teeth on the pteranodon are strange, but at least they are movie accurate

EmperorDinobot

Soo...how big is the Dillow compared to the Papo Stego or Para?

Concavenator

Wow,I don't really know you you can hate Papo  :o You may take or leave them,but they struggle a lot on their figures,they make them beautiful and incredibly detailed and realistic,so they look alive.While I'm not a JP fan to say the least,I think JP fans lovein general Papo( the running Tyrannosaurus is impressive as well as the
Brachiosaurus).
That being said they've set some really high standars since last year,IMHO.
Also
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 24, 2014, 01:38:21 AM
I think it has something to do with the fact that they gave their Pteranodon teeth, something I wasn't able to reconcile properly. And the Triceratops absolutely sucks. Ever since then I haven't liked them.
I also do not consider them JP toys. Otherwise they would have done the Parasaurolophus in brown and beige and so forth and forth.

But yes, yes it is strange. I also think they're wayyy overrated.

But I like the Dilophosaurus. They may have won my heart back. I have the Parasaurolophus and Stegosaurus and I really do like them.

I know those two figures are really off putting.But I think you shouldn't hate a company for two bad figures
(That's crazy!   :P ) Then,you should hate Schleich,Carnegie for their two recent 'fails' some old Wild Safaris and of course the earliest CollectAs )
Come on,the newest Papos are pieces of art!

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 24, 2014, 08:55:10 AM
Soo...how big is the Dillow compared to the Papo Stego or Para?

I don't have the Dilophosaurus yet,but it's way smaller,because I have the Carnotaurus which I posed with the Stego because in the case pf my Carnotaurus it tends to fall down.
I'll try to get the Dilo soon,though.
Also,for the Dilophosaurus owners,does it stand well? ???

EmperorDinobot

I'm pretty crazy, friend. Like really effing crazy. Track my posts and you'll see! :D lolololol

Then again, I'm sad I didn't get all the figs released back in 2008. So am I that crazy after all? I mean I had them in my frigging palm several times, the T.rex, pacho, Pteranodon...I feel pretty sad I didn't get them.

Oh, I forgot, I have the Stryacosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus. They are absolutely amazing.

I REALLY WANt that Dillow, like every day it looks better and better. But shame on me as I've got no spaaaace!!!

I need a new shelf! For general dino stuff, I'm basically drowning on dinosaurs at this point in my life!!! I wish I had a pachycephalosaur to demolish a wall and help me remodel it! aagh! the troubles of being a collector!

OK fine.
Y'all win.

I like Papo.

*grumble* *grumble*

tanystropheus

..And the Papo Velociraptors SCREAM Jurassic Park!

stargatedalek

most of their earlier (and some of their more recent) pieces are directly based off the JP films
there have certainly been some, strange (*pterandon*) pieces in their dinosaur line up but all in all I'd say most of them are pretty good
if not reasonably accurate scientifically than most are at least accurate to the JP films

Blade-of-the-Moon

The pteranodons are actually JP3 pteranodons..which due to being mutants had teeth. Best detailed replicas of them out there.

stargatedalek

yep, taking into account its JP origins its movie accurate

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: