News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Neat find :) I remember they did something similar with their velociraptor but the change in paint was much more drastic. Could it be that the old paint has been retired and replaced with this new one?

Looks like you're building a herd there ;)

joossa

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 12, 2015, 02:38:48 AM
Neat find :) I remember they did something similar with their velociraptor but the change in paint was much more drastic. Could it be that the old paint has been retired and replaced with this new one?

Looks like you're building a herd there ;)
Good question. Guess we'd have to see if this new paint app is common among newer stego batches.

Thanks, it is my favorite figure... Plan on getting a fourth one sometime. Don't ask why as I wouldn't be able to answer. Haha. :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

EmperorDinobot

Sooo...just how big is the Apatosaur?

Arul

Male and female stegosaurus  :D

tanystropheus

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on April 12, 2015, 03:32:58 AM
Sooo...just how big is the Apatosaur?

It's the longest Papo figure, by far. However, [excluding the heads and necks], the body is slightly shorter than the Papo Triceratops. To be fair, the Papo Triceratops is a bit oversized when compared to other Papo dinosaurs.

joossa

Noticed this too in the Carnotaurus... The dark markings on one are more pronounced/darker and on the other, they are more subtle.

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

kreativtek

Quote from: joossa on April 12, 2015, 02:10:12 AM
Wanted to post this... thought it was interesting. I purchased another Papo stego from Amazon a couple days ago. I assume their stock is recent and the stego has a different paint job than other older stegos. This one, which I assume may be from a more recently produced stock, is darker and lacks lighter spots on the plates.

New one is in the front:

New one is on the far left:

There's a fourth variant, too. I purchased mine from a local retailer and this is what it looks like:

Splats on the body and plates are not only clearly visible, but also brown.

Everything_Dinosaur

There have been a number of Papo Stegosaurus repaints, the latest version which is generally brighter coloured came out last year, with the production run.  Think we can expect more repaints in the near future.

Arul

Ohh thank god so its a repaint i thought its a backward of the quality control...good move by papo, it will make some of us want to collect all the color variant even its the same figure. Papo detail is amazing thanks for showing the photo joossa  :)

jweber26

When does the new Apatosaurus come out? or did it already? I saw one on eBay for $130 and I'm hoping I didn't miss out on getting this at good price.

CityRaptor

It's already out. And $130? That is a ridicolous price!

I guess the differences in the Stegos are a running change rather than something Papo would announce as "NEW COLOR" in their catalogues.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoLord

The one on eBay is way overpriced; the Apatosaurus costs about the same as the other Papos of similar size.

joossa

Quote from: DinoLord on April 22, 2015, 12:46:22 AM
The one on eBay is way overpriced; the Apatosaurus costs about the same as the other Papos of similar size.
Yup. I'm guessing some retailers have sold out, but there should be a restock.
I got mine from DeJankins and he still has them in stock and at a good price.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

jweber26

Quote from: joossa on April 22, 2015, 05:31:25 AM
Quote from: DinoLord on April 22, 2015, 12:46:22 AM
Yup. I'm guessing some retailers have sold out, but there should be a restock.
I got mine from DeJankins and he still has them in stock and at a good price.

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered the Apatosaurus and Tupuxuara from him.

Invicta Hunter

Now that Papo have discontinued the adult green t-rex and green baby it makes me wonder are they going to discontinue the green running t-rex and replace it with the brown version. People often say the brown running version looks better and Papo do seem to favour the brown versions more, could this be in the cards?

Arul

Papo pteranodon is also difficult to find now i hope it not get discontinued.  I think green running trex is sold very well so it will not getting discontinued. the rumor that i got from one of papo unofficial distributor in indonesia is brown running trex made because of mistake/accident, so no mass production on that figure but i hope someday papo will really make the brown version. Many people love it

Invicta Hunter

Yeah they probably wont release the brown running t-rex but still it's kinda weird having the tripod t-rex and baby in brown and then the running one in green.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on May 07, 2015, 02:35:22 AM
Yeah they probably wont release the brown running t-rex but still it's kinda weird having the tripod t-rex and baby in brown and then the running one in green.

Not at all weird if you think JP.  Males are green, females are brown.  ;)

ZaZZU2

Just wanted to share, I bought a Papo Brachiosaurus a year ago and just loved it. A friend's birthday is coming up so I ordered one for her, to share the love or something. ;D When the new Brachio came, it was 1-2cm taller! Almost tempted to give the smaller, older one as a gift but no.  ^-^ Anyway, the two look good together.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ZaZZU2 on May 07, 2015, 04:18:08 AM
Just wanted to share, I bought a Papo Brachiosaurus a year ago and just loved it. A friend's birthday is coming up so I ordered one for her, to share the love or something. ;D When the new Brachio came, it was 1-2cm taller! Almost tempted to give the smaller, older one as a gift but no.  ^-^ Anyway, the two look good together.

Interesting, Carnegie had a simialr difference with their Brachio between older and newer castings.  Do you have a comparison pic?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: