News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: Patrx on September 09, 2015, 06:30:37 PM
To me, the Wild Safari Kaprosuchus is one of the best mass-produced prehistoric animal figures around. as such, I can't say I'm particularly intrigued by the notion of Papo making their own version. At best, it'll be just as good as something I already have.

Yeah, the Safari Kaprosuchus would be pretty difficult to improve on. I'd rather see someone tackle some other weirdo croc like Anatosuchus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SpartanSquat

Papo please! If you make Sideshow version! Please make the ceratosaurus like Sideshow!

Viking Spawn

Iguanodon and Baryonyx is comnfirmed?  Heck, I'm happy with starting out with those two!  Thank you Papo!   :)

John

Quote from: RolandEden on September 10, 2015, 03:47:16 AM
Papo please! If you make Sideshow version! Please make the ceratosaurus like Sideshow!
Should Papo decide to do this,it would certainly get my attention! ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Jetoar

It will be great  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

KeU

Quote from: POP of FAN on September 09, 2015, 05:41:54 PM
Quote from: KeU on September 09, 2015, 05:15:07 PM
Giganotosaurus unlikely this year or the next as POP of FAN said. But definitely coming in the next few years.
The sculptor (Mr Seo?) did mention that he is pushing to do the Giganotosaurus to Papo in his interview.
Check out the interview here:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3437.0
It's in Korean but didusineptus has kindly translated the entire interview to non-korean speaking/reading members.
I don't know who gave you that translation. But that one can be a bit misleading.... :(
It is true that his comment sounds a bit confusing though; can't be quite sure if he WILL sculpt it eventually or will just think about it...
Let me give you a word-by-word translation anyway. So you be the judge. ;)

<Original Text>
"미니공룡제품들과 기가노토사우루스에 관련하여
답변:
미니공룡세트는 제가 조형한 제품들이 아닙니다.
기가노토사우루스는 티라노사우루스와 다른특징이 무엇인지
어떤 특성이 있는지 연구해보고  언제쯤 조형할지 생각해 보도록 하겠습니다."
<Translation>
"As regards mini dino tube and giganotosaurus
Answer:
Mini dino tube is not my work.
And with giganotosaurus, first I will study what different characteristics giganotosaurus has from T-rex, and what characteristics it has. After that, I will think about when I will sculpt this dinosaur."

You are absolutely correct. I assumed that since he is thinking about studying Giganotosaurus, he would be pushing for it in the near future.
Got all excited when I see him talking about Giganotosaurus. Should have confirmed the exact translation with my wife 1st.

Viking Spawn

After seeing that over in the Sideshow thread, I'll SECOND THIS!!!!!!   :o

Dilopho

Speaking of papo variants, their newer Dilophosaurus(es?) seem to have less gloss.

joossa

I've been seeing some vendors use what looks like a modified stock image to account for the Stegosaurus V2. Thought it was interesting some are trying to reflect the new change.

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Victoria's Cantina

The alteration is pretty noticeable, and they didn't embolden the shade of green

So, why not just photograph the new one?  :o

JurassicGeek09

Personally, I think Papo is the worst company that makes dinosaur toys. I'm more inclined to call them monsters than dinosaurs because they can't be bothered to make accurate figures and instead, take the easy way out and make Jurassic Park imitations. Credit where it's due though. They have the best Giraffatitan figure since the original Brachiosaurus by Carnegie in 1988.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

Roselaar

Oh come now, they've been shying away from imitating JP for a while now. Even their Dilophosaurus hardly bore a JP resemblance. Plus, they're starting to take risks with obscure species, like Tupuxuara. They're finally getting the hang of it.

CityRaptor

Aside from there being worse companies and I mean much worse companies, it makes little sense that a JP Collector  ( yeah, I have read DoomRulz' other posts ) would hate Papo. That was already odd with EmperorDinobot.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: Roselaar on September 24, 2015, 08:23:56 PM
Oh come now, they've been shying away from imitating JP for a while now. Even their Dilophosaurus hardly bore a JP resemblance. Plus, they're starting to take risks with obscure species, like Tupuxuara. They're finally getting the hang of it.

Yeah, only just. I saw their Pteranodon figure a few weeks ago in person for the first time and my jaw hit the floor. Teeth? Really?

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 24, 2015, 08:39:53 PM
Aside from there being worse companies and I mean much worse companies, it makes little sense that a JP Collector  ( yeah, I have read DoomRulz' other posts ) would hate Papo. That was already odd with EmperorDinobot.

Then you already know my reasons for disliking them; weird mental gymnastics. I do love their Giraffatitan figure though. Definitely the best on the market and their Archeaopteryx is quite schnazzy as well.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

CityRaptor

Well, they are pop culture Dinosaurs. At least the older ones.

And as for the Pteranodon, this is the same issue EmperorDinobot had. But a JP collector should know why it has teeth, given that it is based on the JPIII Pteranodon, which had those.  Should have went for the TLW one instead.
Oh no

tanystropheus

Quote from: DoomRulz on September 24, 2015, 06:33:06 PM
Personally, I think Papo is the worst company that makes dinosaur toys. I'm more inclined to call them monsters than dinosaurs because they can't be bothered to make accurate figures and instead, take the easy way out and make Jurassic Park imitations. Credit where it's due though. They have the best Giraffatitan figure since the original Brachiosaurus by Carnegie in 1988.

The CollectA love is strong with this one.

tanystropheus

Quote from: DoomRulz on September 24, 2015, 08:48:46 PM

Yeah, only just. I saw their Pteranodon figure a few weeks ago in person for the first time and my jaw hit the floor. Teeth? Really?

Ludodactylus says hi.

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 24, 2015, 11:54:59 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on September 24, 2015, 06:33:06 PM

The CollectA love is strong with this one.

Yeah, no argument there lol.

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 25, 2015, 12:40:10 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on September 24, 2015, 08:48:46 PM

Ludodactylus says hi.

What does that have to do with anything?

CityRaptor

Ludodactylus looks like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludodactylus

Pretty much the Papo Pteranodon. Or any other toothy Pteranodon. At least as long as it has a short tail...
Oh no

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 25, 2015, 04:59:15 PM
Ludodactylus looks like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludodactylus

Pretty much the Papo Pteranodon. Or any other toothy Pteranodon. At least as long as it has a short tail...

Yeah, but they're calling Pteranodon, not Ludodactylus. That's what irks me.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: