News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bullyland-New for 2016?

Started by Concavenator, December 31, 2015, 02:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Will there be any prehistoric release by Bullyland next year?

Turret

PaleoMatt

I'm hoping for a recent find to be one of there new figures.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Concavenator on December 31, 2015, 02:35:26 PM
Quote from: Turret on December 31, 2015, 02:07:02 PM
Do The Good Dinosaur figures count?

http://www.bullyland.de/index.php?id=1514
No,they don't.
Not that I actually like those figures, but if we count Jurassic Park figures they should probably also be counted.

Gwangi

You really shouldn't start a thread like this without any information, I'm sure a lot of us clicked here thinking we would see some Bullyland releases. There are 100 ways you could have worded your thread title that would have related better to your question.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Added a question mark to the the title..maybe that will help. ;)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 31, 2015, 05:24:36 PM
Added a question mark to the the title..maybe that will help. ;)
Thanks for that! This thread would have made me pretty sad without that addition.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

I really hope there will be new Bullyland products soon. I'd hate to see Bully go under while Schleich gets praised the world over despite offering feeble figures. Bully's figures may not be perfect, they're usually more daring and interesting than Schleich's.

Gwangi

Quote from: Roselaar on December 31, 2015, 07:57:32 PM
I really hope there will be new Bullyland products soon. I'd hate to see Bully go under while Schleich gets praised the world over despite offering feeble figures. Bully's figures may not be perfect, they're usually more daring and interesting than Schleich's.

I feel the same. I really like Bullyland. They do take on interesting and obscure animals from time-to-time. Their Trassic fauna alone! And I actually quite like their style even though their models are often less-than-perfect. That's why when I saw this thread title I got so damn excited only to be let down.

SBell

Quote from: Gwangi on December 31, 2015, 09:17:45 PM

I feel the same. I really like Bullyland. They do take on interesting and obscure animals from time-to-time. Their Trassic fauna alone! And I actually quite like their style even though their models are often less-than-perfect. That's why when I saw this thread title I got so damn excited only to be let down.

Agreed--from what is on STS, there are 4 or 5 modern animals, and no prehistoric ones. It appears that the newest owner of Bullyland is more interested in Licensed products, and the animals are a distant second priority.

Gwangi

Quote from: SBell on January 01, 2016, 05:01:22 AM

Agreed--from what is on STS, there are 4 or 5 modern animals, and no prehistoric ones. It appears that the newest owner of Bullyland is more interested in Licensed products, and the animals are a distant second priority.

That's a shame. I feel like if they haven't given up on the prehistoric line they're at least traveling down that road, much like Carnegie in its later years.

sauroid

yes Bullyland may not be perfect but their figures have charm unlike the other German brand, dino-wise...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Silvanusaurus

I have to echo the sentiments of others, I have found quite a fondness for Bullyland's prehistoric figures, while they are similar to schleich in terms of detailing and some aspects of stylization, I find them to be far more appealing aesthetically, and not as obnoxiously cartoony. So it would be great to see more from them this year...

Turret

Can you give us some details about the modern animal releases?

SBell

Quote from: Turret on January 01, 2016, 12:11:37 PM

Can you give us some details about the modern animal releases?

A Red Panda (not bad), a silverback gorilla, Broan bear and Brown bear cub (all not great).

Blade-of-the-Moon

They do have 4 The Good Dinosaur figures right?
Quote from: stargatedalek on December 31, 2015, 04:12:26 PM

No,they don't.
Not that I actually like those figures, but if we count Jurassic Park figures they should probably also be counted.

Does Bully have a JP/JW license ?

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 02, 2016, 07:19:19 AM
They do have 4 The Good Dinosaur figures right?
Quote from: stargatedalek on December 31, 2015, 04:12:26 PM

No,they don't.

Looking at their site, it appears that they only have licenses for animated properties (which, in terms of toys, would be easier to reproduce). The only variant is the live-action Cinderella figures.

Overall, it appears that Bullyand is working for Disney now. Ièm guessing that one license alone cost enough!

stargatedalek

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 02, 2016, 07:19:19 AM
I doubt it, I was referring to Hasbro.

terrorchicken

I wish they had expanded their Prehistoric animal line...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: