You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaijus - post your collection here

Started by sauroid, January 11, 2016, 08:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

JPuggy

Yesterday I got the new illustrated Kong from Walmart

I'll post pictures soon!

Fembrogon

Mezco Toyz has announced two sets of 4.5-5" figures based on Destroy All Monsters, scheduled to release around the end of the year. They're a bit pricey for the size, but the detailing and accessories look pretty nice. This is probably the most any American Godzilla toys have tempted me in a while. Entertainment Earth and BigBadToyStore have preorders available too.

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/5-points-xl-godzilla-destroy-all-monsters-1968

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

Eocarcharia

I just got that Jet Jaguar this week too!

Can just about pull off the handshake.

AcroSauroTaurus

Luckily I found this Playmates Skullcrawler(aka Number 10) at a recent comic/toy show, because it, Nozuki, and Mechagodzilla remain absent from stores where I live...
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

Just got my S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla(2021) today.

I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

Fembrogon

Here's my kaiju haul from the first half of 2021:

Most of these are from HobbyLink Japan; shipping is long sometimes, but I've always found them reliable. Bandai has been hitting really well with the Movie Monster Series lately; the the Gamera figures are probably my favorite, but the Shin Ultraman Neronga & Gabora are even more impressive, and I'm delighted to finally have a 6" Kong.
I'm also slowly building my 5" Ultra Monster army; most of them are in storage right now, but I'm probably at about 50. I could conquer the planet! >:D
The minifigures in front are part of the High Grade D+ series; I had preordered a set, but since they come blind-bagged I ended up with three Godzillas. *sigh* Thankfully a fellow collector generously offered a spare MechaG for free, and I resold one of the Godzillas. I'm still hoping to get the Megalon from the set some time.
I picked up the NECA Kong a Target this spring. The "Grimdragon" figure in the back left is a 3rd party figure of Mechagodzilla from Ready Player One, purchased from Aliexpress. I generally don't want to support knockoffs (I know this has been discussed elsewhere on the boards), but since there's no actual licensed figure for this character on the market, I felt a little less guilty about it (although it's speculated this might be a discarded NECA prototype). It's pretty cool, honestly; the articulation is lackluster, but the sculpting and paint application is excellent.

Hopefully the Bandai Jet Jaguar and Megalon will be arriving soon!

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Fembrogon on April 21, 2021, 06:59:25 PM
Mezco Toyz has announced two sets of 4.5-5" figures based on Destroy All Monsters, scheduled to release around the end of the year. They're a bit pricey for the size, but the detailing and accessories look pretty nice. This is probably the most any American Godzilla toys have tempted me in a while. Entertainment Earth and BigBadToyStore have preorders available too.

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/5-points-xl-godzilla-destroy-all-monsters-1968

>A Bit Pricey
>£99.99
I'll pass.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

AcroSauroTaurus

Finally found one of the GvsK figures I couldn't find for months... now I just need Nozuki.(Warbat)
I am the Dinosaur King!

PhilSauria

Yeah I tried collecting Godzillas for a while, amassed about 14 of 'em before the insane prices for these things had me saying "forget it - these are not worth it!"

This set appeals but the price for the size is a bit over the top, so no thanks. So I've gone back to the relatively insane prices of PNSO rather than the completely insane prices for Godzilla figures.

You'd need a kaiju-sized bank balance to keep up with this area of collecting!

Fembrogon

Collecting kaiju has definitely gotten harder over the years, cost-wise; even the relatively affordable Bandai line isn't as cheap as it used to be (although it can be "cheap" in other ways...)
If the Mezco figurines come out as good-looking as the photos, I think they'll be worth the price. They're basically $20 per figure, which is right in between a Bandai MMS and a NECA, with accessories like a Revoltech ($30-40) and detail akin to Bandai's premium line ($70+). Would I prefer they be cheaper, like $10-15 per figure? Sure, but for where the hobby is right now, I could see this line hitting a sweet spot for me.
Mezco has also announced a Mothra & Fairies set, as well as a G vs Hedorah set, both of which look equally great.

avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria I can sympathize for sure; I've bowed out of kaiju collecting for short periods before to focus on dinosaurs just because the latter was more affordable per figure (looking at Safari & Collecta, mainly). Now here I am ogling figures from PNSO, BotM, Eofauna & Rebor, and it's like: "I'm back where I started!!"   :)) :o

Fembrogon

^Nice; I like that NECA has gotten some mileage out of that Kong sculpt (I have the first version). I wish they'd release a retro T. rex as a complimentary figure, though. I'd be more tempted to buy the other versions with something bigger to pose them with.

brontosauruschuck

Got this in the mail today. Very happy. I love how there was zero effort made to make it look like Guiron would be comfortable being on all fours and I love the dazed, not at all threatening look.

Fembrogon

That's a nice catch! I know the older Bandais can be hard to find for a good price these days. It'd be neat if Bandai considered revisiting more Gamera characters in the future, since the new Heisei figures they're doing have been coming out well.

Over9K

Been a while for this thread, here are a few updates...

Bandai HG Gamera '95 Gashapon w/Bandai HG Structures

Art Spirits KOTM Godzilla & Ghidorah w/Eyepop Designs Skyscrapers

Yuji Sakai Works '73 Godzilla Gashapon w/Bandai Strutures

X-Plus Gigantic Series '74 MechaGodzilla

X-Plus Gigantic Series/Favorite Sculptors Line Inoue Arts ShodaiGoji

X-Plus Yuji Sakai Modelling Collection '84Goji

Bandai Gomess Circa 2000

AcroSauroTaurus

S.H.MonsterArts Gigan-2004 battle version

Bandai Anguirus-Singular Point
I am the Dinosaur King!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: