You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaijus - post your collection here

Started by sauroid, January 11, 2016, 08:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

I haven't touched the Monsterarts line in a long time, but boy does that Gigan look spiffy. I especially like the scatter beam effect.
Anguirus is cool, too; I've got him and Manda from SP so far.

I picked up a few monster goodies while searching for the Playmates Gorosaurus the last couple of weekend. I found Jet Jaguar and - to my shock - a lone Warbat hiding on a Walmart shelf. JJ is okay, but refuses to stand. Warbat is pretty cool, though.

The below three were picked up on a whim. I've only opened the Dilo so far, but the Ultraman is particularly exciting, just for the sake of actually seeing Ulta merchandise in a physical US store (there were some Ultra Pop Vinyls I saw the day prior, too, but I wasn't quite feeling those).

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Fembrogon on December 08, 2021, 12:46:27 AM
I picked up a few monster goodies while searching for the Playmates Gorosaurus the last couple of weekend.
You too, huh? I haven't had any luck yet with finding Gorosaurus either. I might have to hit all the Targets in my area again before he's gone for good.

I've only just dipped my toes into the Monsterarts line, but that Gigan is definitely near the top of my list! On that subject...

What have I gotten myself into?

Over9K

I was struck by how much the paint scheme on the Blue/Grey Nanmu Giganotosaurus reminded me of Toho's Gorosaurus, so I whipped up a quick edit of "Gorosaurus '21 in Paris"...

Eocarcharia

Here's some more pictures I took after opening Biollante.

AcroSauroTaurus

I haven't touched the Monsterarts line in a long time, but boy does that Gigan look spiffy. I especially like the scatter beam effect.
Anguirus is cool, too; I've got him and Manda from SP so far.

I picked up a few monster goodies while searching for the Playmates Gorosaurus the last couple of weekend. I found Jet Jaguar and - to my shock - a lone Warbat hiding on a Walmart shelf. JJ is okay, but refuses to stand. Warbat is pretty cool, though.

Wow, lucky you finding that Nozuki,(Warbat's original, cooler name) I'm still trying to find it and Gorosaurus...

Quote from: Eocarcharia on December 09, 2021, 11:07:54 PM
I picked up a few monster goodies while searching for the Playmates Gorosaurus the last couple of weekend.
You too, huh? I haven't had any luck yet with finding Gorosaurus either. I might have to hit all the Targets in my area again before he's gone for good.

I've only just dipped my toes into the Monsterarts line, but that Gigan is definitely near the top of my list! On that subject...

What have I gotten myself into?

I still have to get that Biollante at some point before she sells out. And welcome to the MonsterArts line, I hope you have plenty of expendable income... :)) But they are the best Kaiju figures in my opinion, worth the price if you're looking for detail, articulation, and good display pieces.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Eocarcharia

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on December 16, 2021, 11:41:55 PM
Wow, lucky you finding that Nozuki,(Warbat's original, cooler name) I'm still trying to find it and Gorosaurus...
Dang, if I had known how valuable Warbat would be, I wouldn't have returned mine to the store. And same on Gorosaurus, a couple days ago I visited 5 different Targets in my area, and 2 the day prior, and found nearly every figure in the line (Jet Jaguar, Burning Godzilla, SpaceGodzilla, Rodan, and Godzilla 2004) except for Gorosaurus. Pain.

I still have to get that Biollante at some point before she sells out.
That was the thought that really pushed me to get her, that it was her second release and there probably won't ever be another, and the aftermarket prices would be astronomical. Figured it was now or never.

And welcome to the MonsterArts line, I hope you have plenty of expendable income... :)) But they are the best Kaiju figures in my opinion, worth the price if you're looking for detail, articulation, and good display pieces.
Thanks. I'll definitely be picking my battles when it comes to these figures. I'd like to say that I can just wait for some to go on sale to snag them, but I doubt that happens very often, and then missing out entirely becomes an even greater risk. I agree about the quality though, I'm planning to replace some of cheaper figures with their Monsterarts counterparts at some point.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Eocarcharia on January 15, 2022, 08:38:32 PM
Part 2 of S.H.Monsterarts journey...

Nice couple of choices. I'm passing on the 1989 Godzilla, since I already have the NECA one and I personally don't want to spend that much money on a Godzilla I already have an articulated figure of. But I hope Gigan met your expectations!
I am the Dinosaur King!

Eocarcharia

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 17, 2022, 06:02:46 PM
Quote from: Eocarcharia on January 15, 2022, 08:38:32 PM
Part 2 of S.H.Monsterarts journey...

Nice couple of choices. I'm passing on the 1989 Godzilla, since I already have the NECA one and I personally don't want to spend that much money on a Godzilla I already have an articulated figure of.
I totally understand that sentiment on the Godzilla '89. I also have the NECA version, and I went back and forth a lot over whether I really wanted or needed the SHMA version. Ultimately I decided to go for it since I didn't want to regret skipping it later, and I figured I could probably get my money back selling it down the road if I changed my mind. (That wasn't my priority when buying it, of course.)
Admittedly, $100 for a smaller figure with no accessories is kind of a bad deal. But I do like him, and don't regret my purchase.

Here's my thoughts on the figure. The SHMA is a way better likeness to the movie and of course has better articulation. As I said, it's fairly small, about a head shorter than the NECA and not nearly as hefty. I think the NECA is still a fine design even if it's not totally accurate.

It also looks good with the rest of my NECA Godzillas. I think if I replaced the NECA on this shelf with the SHMA, it would look too small. I'm not really sure whether I'll keep the NECA or not.

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 17, 2022, 06:02:46 PM
But I hope Gigan met your expectations!
He did... and surpassed them.

This thing is amazing! He's a blast to pose (and photograph). I'll enclose most of my pictures in a spoiler so the page doesn't become a mile long.
Spoiler

I love his optic blast scattered light gigarium cluster beam effect.

Incredible balance.

[close]

Blows the Playmates version away too. But it is more than 10x the price, so...

Now this is a case where a definitely feel comfortable replacing my prior figure.

Fembrogon

Upcoming release updates - Mezco announced full specs for the Hedorah set coming later this year:

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/5-points-xl-godzilla-vs-hedorah-1971

...And Super7 has given their first reveal for the ReAction Godzilla figures, which includes all-Showa figures such as Rodan, Jet Jaguar...

https://twitter.com/super7store/status/1491517375442739202

...and Godzilla 57?!? As in the Volcano Monsters suit??? That's quite a flex for the hardcore fans.

AcroSauroTaurus

S.H.MonsterArts Mechagodzilla-2021

S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla-Singular Point

I am the Dinosaur King!

Fembrogon

Impressive-looking figures. I haven't bought a Monsterarts in years now, but when they're done right they do look beautiful.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thanks to collecting those XPlus Harryhausen figures I've sort of lapsed back into my Godzilla addiction.

Fembrogon

I've heard X-Plus is one of the most "dangerous" rabbit holes to fall into with kaiju collecting, and I can certainly see why. Titanosaurus and Anguirus in particular look awesome there.

I'm currently waiting for my Mezco DAM sets to arrive; set 2 has started shipping out (ahead of set 1, for some reason), and the photos I've seen so far make me excited.

Eocarcharia

avatar_AcroSauroTaurus @AcroSauroTaurus Great haul! I've been considering that Mechagodzilla. It would go great with the Godzilla vs. Kong reissues that I have on pre-order, but I also just know they're going to do a repaint later (maybe with more accessories).

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon Those X-Plus figures look amazing!

Quote from: Fembrogon on March 30, 2022, 07:17:10 PM
I've heard X-Plus is one of the most "dangerous" rabbit holes to fall into with kaiju collecting, and I can certainly see why. Titanosaurus and Anguirus in particular look awesome there.
Awesome but dangerous, I agree. I'll stick with S.H.Monsterarts for my premium kaiju figure needs.

Blade-of-the-Moon

They are fantastic and you can't buy just one. As I keep looking at one I feel the nostalgia of others and then I started rewatching all the movies and I'm kinda sunk lol   I'm currently looking for Fire Rodan, the '64 Rodan, 25cm Anguirus, 30 cm Manda, Gorosaurus and Varan.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 31, 2022, 06:28:58 AM
They are fantastic and you can't buy just one. As I keep looking at one I feel the nostalgia of others and then I started rewatching all the movies and I'm kinda sunk lol   I'm currently looking for Fire Rodan, the '64 Rodan, 25cm Anguirus, 30 cm Manda, Gorosaurus and Varan.
I definitely see the appeal, especially since there haven't been Monsterarts figures of most of those. Maybe some day...

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 01, 2022, 06:46:11 AM
Todays haul :
Nice! Is that a Godzillasaurus next to Rodan?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Eocarcharia on April 01, 2022, 09:28:34 PM
I definitely see the appeal, especially since there haven't been Monsterarts figures of most of those. Maybe some day...

Todays haul :

Have you seen the ones by Mezco? Sorta like Monsterarts.

It is! It's by Bandai, I think it's sorta in scale too. :)

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 02, 2022, 05:35:27 AM
Quote from: Eocarcharia on April 01, 2022, 09:28:34 PM

Todays haul :

Have you seen the ones by Mezco? Sorta like Monsterarts.

It is! It's by Bandai, I think it's sorta in scale too. :)

The Destroy All Monsters and Hedorah sets? Yeah, they look good, but I want to try and keep it to one more expensive line so it doesn't spiral out of control. (And truthfully, Gorosaurus and Anguirus are the only ones from those sets that I would really want.) Gotta save some money for Cyberzoic too.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: