You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaijus - post your collection here

Started by sauroid, January 11, 2016, 08:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Eocarcharia on April 02, 2022, 06:06:55 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 02, 2022, 05:35:27 AM
Quote from: Eocarcharia on April 01, 2022, 09:28:34 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 31, 2022, 06:28:58 AM
They are fantastic and you can't buy just one. As I keep looking at one I feel the nostalgia of others and then I started rewatching all the movies and I'm kinda sunk lol   I'm currently looking for Fire Rodan, the '64 Rodan, 25cm Anguirus, 30 cm Manda, Gorosaurus and Varan.
I definitely see the appeal, especially since there haven't been Monsterarts figures of most of those. Maybe some day...

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 01, 2022, 06:46:11 AM
Todays haul :
Nice! Is that a Godzillasaurus next to Rodan?

Have you seen the ones by Mezco? Sorta like Monsterarts.

It is! It's by Bandai, I think it's sorta in scale too. :)

The Destroy All Monsters and Hedorah sets? Yeah, they look good, but I want to try and keep it to one more expensive line so it doesn't spiral out of control. (And truthfully, Gorosaurus and Anguirus are the only ones from those sets that I would really want.) Gotta save some money for Cyberzoic too.

Yeah those.  I ws tempted, having all of the monsters in one set in scale like that is really nice.  I just prefer LARGE pieces..I'm hoping for more Gigantic XPlus figures but those are few and far between as far as releases go.  Heaven help me if someone makes a 8' Godzilla statue..I'd have to find some way to get it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 06, 2022, 06:49:40 AM
just got this HUGE guy in!

Holy cow! That thing is massive  :o Is it as heavy as it looks?
Btw there seem to be a lot of really interesting, unique and also big dino figures in the background that I've not seen yet anywhere else. Do you have photos of those/ your whole collection anywhere else?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on April 06, 2022, 07:43:04 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 06, 2022, 06:49:40 AM
just got this HUGE guy in!

Holy cow! That thing is massive  :o Is it as heavy as it looks?
Btw there seem to be a lot of really interesting, unique and also big dino figures in the background that I've not seen yet anywhere else. Do you have photos of those/ your whole collection anywhere else?

He's not as heavy as you might think just because it's hollow vinyl vs resin.  Pretty awesome! :)

I think I had a collection thread at some point? Maybe stuff in my art thread too. My facebook has a massive gallery/album I've added too for years.  Maybe be some on my DA account as well.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 06, 2022, 03:57:51 PM
He's not as heavy as you might think just because it's hollow vinyl vs resin.  Pretty awesome! :)

I think I had a collection thread at some point? Maybe stuff in my art thread too. My facebook has a massive gallery/album I've added too for years.  Maybe be some on my DA account as well.
Cool. I'm not on fb so I'll try to dig up that collection thread of yours.  :)

Eocarcharia

D A N G, that is big. Not quite 8', but still impressive.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on April 06, 2022, 08:53:42 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 06, 2022, 03:57:51 PM

Cool. I'm not on fb so I'll try to dig up that collection thread of yours.  :)

Here's the DA one :https://www.deviantart.com/blade-of-the-moon

Made a deal for a standing Varan recently :

Quote from: Eocarcharia on April 06, 2022, 08:57:06 PM
D A N G, that is big. Not quite 8', but still impressive.

I'm kind of getting tempted to build an 8' one...lol

I did find this, it's the largest piece available so far :
Omega Studios Furious Blue

Haven't seen many talking about it but Mondo's Godzilla here, says it's highly articulated and has lights and sound?

TooOldForDinosaurs

They look great! I have nowhere near the room to display figures of this size :'D
I just visited your DeviantArt page and was left speechless - WOW! You do fantastic dinosaur sculpts /builds. Just incredible...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on April 07, 2022, 07:04:48 AM
They look great! I have nowhere near the room to display figures of this size :'D
I just visited your DeviantArt page and was left speechless - WOW! You do fantastic dinosaur sculpts /builds. Just incredible...

If they'd just go with fiberglass you could put them out as lawn ornaments. lol 

Thank you! its been a lot of work and a lot of time i'm glad others enjoy what i do :)

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 07, 2022, 05:27:32 AM

Cool! I personally prefer the look of quadrupedal Varan, but it's not exactly like there's an abundance of Varan merch...

They sure do make some big figures. My JW Brachiosaurus and Apatosaurus are good enough as far as colossal shelf-eaters go.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Eocarcharia on April 08, 2022, 02:28:43 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 07, 2022, 05:27:32 AM

Cool! I personally prefer the look of quadrupedal Varan, but it's not exactly like there's an abundance of Varan merch...

They sure do make some big figures. My JW Brachiosaurus and Apatosaurus are good enough as far as colossal shelf-eaters go.

There's a bit out there, I think Manda is one I don't see a lot of really?  I actually like the lesser known or underdog Kaiju the most. They had such interesting designs and people see always to say "Godzilla is my favorite " lol   I've a monochrome 30cm crawling Varan coming, so I picked up the standing version in color. :)

That's true, between the Super Colossals from JW, the Brach, the Apatosaurus, and the coming Dreadnoghtus..gonna have to do some shifting around.

Eocarcharia

Oh yeah, definitely. I like all the obscure dino guys like Gorosaurus, Manda, Anguirus, Titanosaurus, Varan, and Baragon. From looking it up it seems like there's been a few Manda figures, including a couple X-Plus (although I don't know where you'd get them). Maybe there will be a Manda resurgence because of Singular Point? That would be nice.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Eocarcharia on April 08, 2022, 11:15:13 PM
Oh yeah, definitely. I like all the obscure dino guys like Gorosaurus, Manda, Anguirus, Titanosaurus, Varan, and Baragon. From looking it up it seems like there's been a few Manda figures, including a couple X-Plus (although I don't know where you'd get them). Maybe there will be a Manda resurgence because of Singular Point? That would be nice.

My favorite has always been Anguirus/Angilas the Big G's oft time buddy. lol   There has been at least one big Manda in 30cm scale, it's paired with a mothra larvae.  The last one I saw, sold for over 600.00 that's a lot for a thin tube of vinyl lol

bmathison1972

I just want to say how much I love this thread. I don't collect kaiju, but I grew up on Toho Studio Godzilla films in the 70s and 80s, and I love the figures based on those movies. Very nostalgic!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 08, 2022, 11:46:32 PM
My favorite has always been Anguirus/Angilas the Big G's oft time buddy. lol   There has been at least one big Manda in 30cm scale, it's paired with a mothra larvae.  The last one I saw, sold for over 600.00 that's a lot for a thin tube of vinyl lol
Ouch, I don't blame you.
Anguirus is one of my favorites too. It probably helps that he's actually managed to put in semi-regular appearances in media rather than being a one-and-done like so many. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a single Monsterarts figure yet. Well, it is Godzilla vs Gigan's 50th anniversary this year. Bandai, please...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Eocarcharia on April 10, 2022, 03:06:11 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 08, 2022, 11:46:32 PM
Ouch, I don't blame you.
Anguirus is one of my favorites too. It probably helps that he's actually managed to put in semi-regular appearances in media rather than being a one-and-done like so many. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a single Monsterarts figure yet. Well, it is Godzilla vs Gigan's 50th anniversary this year. Bandai, please...

Yeah I could pay a sculptor to make me a large Manda for a fraction of that. lol

I think he and other monsters are rumored to be in the next Toho/collab film?  I know XPlus is making a new GvsGigan vinyl model set.  Surprised no Gigantic Gigan...though I'd rather a Gigantic Anguirus.  ;)

I'm not super familiar with the SHMonsterarts figures. I found a pic of what looks like one?

Fembrogon

Toho was promoting an upcoming Gigan anniversary short, similar to the Hedorah short released last year. They're trying to crowdfund it this time, though, which seems a bit weird coming from a major entertainment company.

It occurred to me that I never did a group shot of my acquisitions for the second half of the year 2021, so here's a snapshot I crammed together recently for records:

Playmates isn't great, but they're a half-decent supplement to a 6"-scale collection. Jet Jaguar is no match for his Bandai counterpart, but Mechagodzilla is pretty good and decently articulated - and who else would even bother releasing a Warbat?
I tend to grumble about Bandai's operating choices, but they're still the dominant force in my kaiju collection. I'm delighted to have a Gorosaurus in my vinyl collection; but for a fan-voted store-exclusive, the figure is underwhelming, being what amounts to a downscaled revision of a decades-old sculpt. Megalon, likewise, is a much-overdue addition; but the figure is pretty blase in presentation. JJ is solid, though; and the SP Anguirus and Manda are pretty impressively detailed (I'd also recommend the show they come from - it's certainly a better series than the prior anime film trilogy).
Gazort from the Ultra franchise snuck in along with the Godzilla characters; I'm still building my spark doll army.
The Mego Ultraman in the back is a curious item; it's an action figure with articulated joints within a soft outer body, like an older toy style. Frankly I find it a bit tricky to handle, but it makes for a decent novelty item.
Pop! Kong got picked up on a whim with Ultraman; for a Funko figure it's pretty fine.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Fembrogon on April 12, 2022, 12:14:47 AM
Toho was promoting an upcoming Gigan anniversary short, similar to the Hedorah short released last year. They're trying to crowdfund it this time, though, which seems a bit weird coming from a major entertainment company.

It occurred to me that I never did a group shot of my acquisitions for the second half of the year 2021, so here's a snapshot I crammed together recently for records:

Playmates isn't great, but they're a half-decent supplement to a 6"-scale collection. Jet Jaguar is no match for his Bandai counterpart, but Mechagodzilla is pretty good and decently articulated - and who else would even bother releasing a Warbat?
I tend to grumble about Bandai's operating choices, but they're still the dominant force in my kaiju collection. I'm delighted to have a Gorosaurus in my vinyl collection; but for a fan-voted store-exclusive, the figure is underwhelming, being what amounts to a downscaled revision of a decades-old sculpt. Megalon, likewise, is a much-overdue addition; but the figure is pretty blase in presentation. JJ is solid, though; and the SP Anguirus and Manda are pretty impressively detailed (I'd also recommend the show they come from - it's certainly a better series than the prior anime film trilogy).
Gazort from the Ultra franchise snuck in along with the Godzilla characters; I'm still building my spark doll army.
The Mego Ultraman in the back is a curious item; it's an action figure with articulated joints within a soft outer body, like an older toy style. Frankly I find it a bit tricky to handle, but it makes for a decent novelty item.
Pop! Kong got picked up on a whim with Ultraman; for a Funko figure it's pretty fine.

I've read they are also working on a sequel to Shin Godzilla? Or just a next film?  Can you watch the Hedorah short online?

Nice set of figures there, I've picked only a few Playmates/Bandai figures, saw the new ones in store today, the Shin was pretty rough but I did get this guy :

I actually wasn't a huge fan of the series, not enough monsters, too much math and theories? It was hard to follow for me, but the monster designs weren't bad.

Dinoxels

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 12, 2022, 04:30:42 AM

I've read they are also working on a sequel to Shin Godzilla? Or just a next film?  Can you watch the Hedorah short online?
No, Yes, Yes
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: