You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaijus - post your collection here

Started by sauroid, January 11, 2016, 08:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dinoxels on April 12, 2022, 10:09:59 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 12, 2022, 04:30:42 AM

I've read they are also working on a sequel to Shin Godzilla? Or just a next film?  Can you watch the Hedorah short online?
No, Yes, Yes

Bit hard to figure out what I was reading in the couple different places I was reading it. lol   Is there a link?

Fembrogon

I've read they are also working on a sequel to Shin Godzilla? Or just a next film?  Can you watch the Hedorah short online?

Nice set of figures there, I've picked only a few Playmates/Bandai figures, saw the new ones in store today, the Shin was pretty rough but I did get this guy :

I actually wasn't a huge fan of the series, not enough monsters, too much math and theories? It was hard to follow for me, but the monster designs weren't bad.

I haven't heard any definitive news on future Godzilla features outside of the Monsterverse (with an Apple TV+ series in the works and a Godzilla vs Kong "sequel" filming now or soon).
The Hedorah short was originally posted directly on Toho's GODZILLA YouTube channel. They took it down later for whatever reasons, but of course it still pops up complete or in snippets on other channels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOhGtdJjrPs

(I think this is about the whole short above)

Nice find on the Terrestris! I didn't realize the next wave was out already. I guess I'll have to go looking again sometime (still kinda want the Gorosaurus too).

Dinoxels

Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Fembrogon on April 12, 2022, 08:24:22 PM

Nice set of figures there, I've picked only a few Playmates/Bandai figures, saw the new ones in store today, the Shin was pretty rough but I did get this guy :

I actually wasn't a huge fan of the series, not enough monsters, too much math and theories? It was hard to follow for me, but the monster designs weren't bad.

I haven't heard any definitive news on future Godzilla features outside of the Monsterverse (with an Apple TV+ series in the works and a Godzilla vs Kong "sequel" filming now or soon).
The Hedorah short was originally posted directly on Toho's GODZILLA YouTube channel. They took it down later for whatever reasons, but of course it still pops up complete or in snippets on other channels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOhGtdJjrPs

(I think this is about the whole short above)

Nice find on the Terrestris! I didn't realize the next wave was out already. I guess I'll have to go looking again sometime (still kinda want the Gorosaurus too).

I guess we'll see. I'm not sure what the Legendary pieces will be about yet. Too many humans goes against what fans have shown they want to see.   I still think Legendary needs to license more of the classic monsters already.

It's out, just four figures, Rodan 56 again, Shin G, Terrestris, and Final Wars Godzilla? Can't recall exactly. I also saw two Jet Jaguars on the shelf.  I never did see a Gorosaurus in the wild, had to order mine from eBay.

Quote from: Dinoxels on April 12, 2022, 10:05:04 PM
https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Godzilla_vs._Hedorah_(short_film)
This page has the short film in full and high quality at the bottom.

Much appreciated! Are those the costumes from Final Wars?

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 10, 2022, 05:03:25 PM
I'm not super familiar with the SHMonsterarts figures. I found a pic of what looks like one?

It's similar in style, but is technically from a different line. The full Monsterarts catalogue is shown here: https://shma-articulationseries.com/godzilla-line-up.html

Nice haul with the Godzilla Terrestris there. It looks pretty dang good for a cheaper figure. And speaking of the show, I personally liked it, but I would consider your criticisms valid.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 13, 2022, 06:41:52 AM
Indeed they are.

Nice haul to you too avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon!

Eocarcharia

Okay, I told myself I wasn't going to get this one, but it was on sale, so I figured 'what the hell, he looks pretty fun.'

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Eocarcharia on April 13, 2022, 05:56:52 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 10, 2022, 05:03:25 PM
I'm not super familiar with the SHMonsterarts figures. I found a pic of what looks like one?

It's similar in style, but is technically from a different line. The full Monsterarts catalogue is shown here: https://shma-articulationseries.com/godzilla-line-up.html

Nice haul with the Godzilla Terrestris there. It looks pretty dang good for a cheaper figure. And speaking of the show, I personally liked it, but I would consider your criticisms valid.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 13, 2022, 06:41:52 AM
Indeed they are.

Nice haul to you too avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon!

I had no idea there was another super articulated line. 

Wow, I can't believe those suits are still around!

Quote from: Eocarcharia on April 16, 2022, 02:54:18 AM
Okay, I told myself I wasn't going to get this one, but it was on sale, so I figured 'what the hell, he looks pretty fun.'

Can't beat a sale! lol   Not my favorite Godzilla design but it has an appeal all it's own.

Just got in a Rodan 1964' from Xplus

Little dorky but I liked him. His in film attitude reminds me of a pompous fighter pilot. I love his comedic bits when he ducking and hiding too then takes the Mothra larvae on his back to gain full air supremacy lol ;D

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 16, 2022, 03:32:09 AM
Not my favorite Godzilla design but it has an appeal all it's own.
Pretty much my thoughts too. The super long tail makes it fun to pose.

Just got in a Rodan 1964' from Xplus

Little dorky but I liked him. His in film attitude reminds me of a pompous fighter pilot. I love his comedic bits when he ducking and hiding too then takes the Mothra larvae on his back to gain full air supremacy lol ;D

Not my favorite design for him either, but that is a nice way of looking at it. Looks like you've got a little flock forming there.

Fembrogon

The 1960s Rodan suits tended to look a little wonky, but I LOVE his tenaciously aggressive attitude in those films. Rodan is my all-time favorite giant monster, and I think a lot of that stems from GHIDORAH and MONSTER ZERO.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah they ARE multiplying.. lol My next one will probably be the Legendary version, it's in a flying pose so difficult to display without just hanging it up. I also need Fire Rodan but he's rare and expensive even for these.  I don't think there is a 25cm version of him..yet.

GHIDORAH The 3 Headed Monster was one of the films we had on vhs and watched all the time. It took me awhile to get to see Monster Zero and a lot of others. I remember going into a movie store in the mall and seeing Godzilla's Revenge, had no idea about it other than it was one I had never saw before. They wanted 99.99 for a vhs copy.  whew.

GojiraGuy1954

The oldest suit still around is the Showa MechaGodzilla, but it's comprised of parts from the 74 and 75 suit.
They also have Showa Ghidorah's three heads.
The oldest PROP however, is the Oxygen Destroyer used in the original film.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on April 18, 2022, 12:38:30 AM

The oldest suit still around is the Showa MechaGodzilla, but it's comprised of parts from the 74 and 75 suit.

It's wonder any of the Showa pieces are still around.  I read in an old issue of G-Fan about some pieces individuals owned like a full Mothra prop.  The OD you would think would be on a director or stars mantle..that wouldnt surprise me.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 18, 2022, 03:45:58 AM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on April 18, 2022, 12:38:30 AM

It's wonder any of the Showa pieces are still around.  I read in an old issue of G-Fan about some pieces individuals owned like a full Mothra prop.  The OD you would think would be on a director or stars mantle..that wouldnt surprise me.
It's a shame. If Toho had appreciated those suits for what they truly were at the time, pure artistry, (Maybe not '62 kong) more of them could have been preserved and still been around to this day. At least there are replicas of the 1954 suit
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Fembrogon

I think a lot of film studios underestimated the value of their output and props in earlier decades; consider how many films have needed serious restoration or have been lost to time entirely because of poor storage. Toho was probably one of many companies who had no idea of the longevity their films would end up having.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Picked up a 30cm Crawling Varan and a 30 cm 1955 monochrome Anguirus

You can hear that Anguirus..right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emFAUke0L8g

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Eocarcharia on April 19, 2022, 03:36:54 PM
Better watch out for Gigantis.

lol I could have bought him too, the seller had both but money was a little tighter so I just got my favorite..might regret it later..

bmathison1972

must...stop...visiting....this...thread...or...I...might...start....collecting...Godzilla...figures...too...  :o

Fembrogon

Haha, it's addicting, isn't it? Kaiju collecting hasn't gotten cheaper, either. I had a stretch from around 2014-2016 when I was hauling in lots of kaiju goodies at nice prices, but I had to taper off as my budget changed and the deals started shrinking.

Fembrogon

The next wave of Playmates figures is hitting stores now, so I was able to pick up a Godzilla Terrestris last night while I was out. I'm still looking for a Gorosaurus, but Terrestris is honestly really good for this line - arguably rivaling its Bandai equivalent from the photos I've seen. The Shin Godzilla & Godzilla 2004 still have a bootleg quality to their appearance, but the Terrestris is a sign of promise for quality and variety.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: