You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs of China exhibition - Nottingham

Started by DinoToyForum, February 19, 2016, 08:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 19, 2016, 10:02:37 PM
The exhibition now has an official name and is seeking sponsors!

More info in the following press release: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/news/pressreleases/2016/may/dinosaur-super-predators-in-search-of-sponsors.aspx

The story also reveals another species included in the exhibition: Sinraptor!

Cool! :)

DinoToyForum

Larger version of exhibition logo

DinoToyForum

I haven't been on the forum much recently because I've been very busy at work, including making preparations for this Dinosaurs of China exhibition!

We recently revealed two more of the species in the exhibition: Mei long and Linheraptor. You can get updates by signing up to the newsletter here: http://www.wollatonhall.org.uk/dinosaursofchina And you can also check the museum's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/nottingham.natural.history.museum/

...and here is the skull of the prepared specimen, which Professor Xu Xing showed us!

Silvanusaurus

I am hyped for this exhibition! I'm definitely going to make the effort to get to Nottingham to see it.

Libraraptor

ceratopsian

I'm very much looking forward to this and I'll certainly visit the exhibition.

DinoToyForum

I'm glad you're going to make the trip! It isn't every day you get to see the holotype of Microraptor gui, for example, so I'm confident it will be worth your while! I'm looking forward to letting you guys know about all the other species in the exhibition! Oh, and we will have some exciting exhibition-related merchandise available in the museum shop too. I guarantee there will be items you'll want to add to your collections (I'll be adding to mine!). Not sure what I can say yet but I'll speak up as soon as I can.

Libraraptor - thanks!

ceratopsian

All excellent and exciting.  It sounds like you must have one of the best jobs available at the moment, being so closely involved in this exhibition!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 28, 2016, 05:48:20 PM
All excellent and exciting.  It sounds like you must have one of the best jobs available at the moment, being so closely involved in this exhibition!

8)

Flaffy

(Currently shaking my house up and down hoping that a few coins will appear)

Bokisaurus

I wish something this cool would one day make to this part of my woods! Wish I can see this exhibit, sounds awesome!

Halichoeres

Sounds like a fantastic exhibit. That Linheraptor exquisitus fossil has earned its specific epithet, good lord.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

Here is the Mei long specimen 8)

DinoToyForum

Just to remind you that not all the dinos in the exhibition will be tiny, here's a better view of the seven metre long Sinraptor.

DinoToyForum

We've revealed more Dinosaurs of China exhibition species including Guanlong and Sinosauropteryx. The latter specimen is the real fossil with preserved protofeathers...or collagen fibres depending on which papers you read. You can judge for yourself when you come to the exhibition!

The exhibition website is also now live: http://dinosaursofchina.co.uk

You can also follow the exhibition mascot, George the Gorillasaurus, on Twitter: http://twitter.com/george_gorilla

Guanlong

Sinosauropteryx

Bokisaurus

its looking to an amazing show! Wish something like this comes here! Good luck!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 13, 2016, 05:03:32 PM
its looking to an amazing show! Wish something like this comes here! Good luck!

Thanks! I'll be sure to update you with more announcements - we still have plenty more to reveal! If you can make it over to Nottingham next summer, I'd be glad to host you at the museum.  ^-^

ceratopsian

I too think it looks amazing - it will be one of the highlights of the year.  I'll certainly be heading back to my native city for a visit.

DinoToyForum

Today we revealed the largest dinosaur in the exhibition - Mamenchisaurus! The skeleton is currently being mounted in Beijing, in a special rearing pose. It will be the tallest mounted dinosaur skeleton in the UK! So, if small feathered dinosaurs are not your thing, perhaps this'll tempt you to visit Nottingham next summer! ;)

Patrx

That is spectacular! I have always wanted to visit the UK.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: