News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

How clumzy of me :
For a moment I was mistaken to think you had got the statue as "as a free gift" ...Didn't seemed reasonable with postcards - so I asked of the size ...

ceratopsian

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on August 05, 2018, 01:45:06 PM
How clumzy of me :
For a moment I was mistaken to think you had got the statue as "as a free gift" ...Didn't seemed reasonable with postcards - so I asked of the size ...

That would have been something to shout about! Sadly no!

Syndicate Bias

Another user on FB has more pics of the exhibition I will post once he does on his page. I really hope something comes out soon to their stores

Sim

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 05, 2018, 11:18:45 AM
I bought the booklet of postcards that accompanied the Beijing exhibition from PNSO (i.e. sold by their distributors Yiniao Sci-Art) on Amazon.com here for $14.99, including shipping:

https://www.amazon.com/PNSO-Dinosaurs-Postcards-shared-friends/dp/B07F14V7K8/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1533462909&sr=8-7&keywords=pnso

It arrived in about a week.  I was surprised to find that they had included "Aaron the Little Tyrannosaurus" as a free gift - a nice touch.  Nice cards too.  It also perhaps solved a mystery for me.  What I thought might conceivably be a model of Microraptor was I think Caihong.  This is the model I mean (obviously not my photo but taken from one of the Chinese links that acro-man provided).

The model has the same yellow crest as in the postcard.  And as they produced a postcard of Caihong to accompany the exhibition, presumably there was a model on show there.

I'd be surprised if that model is of Caihong, since the model's rectrices look like Microraptor's in being only at the end of the tail, and not like Caihong's where there are very long rectrices along most of the tail.  The yellow crest is inaccurate for Microraptor (same for the model's yellow underside), but PNSO has also given this to the Microraptor figure in the "Seven Little Dinosaurs" set.

mgaguilar

This a bit off of the current topic (the exhibition), but I'm looking to obtain a Wilson rex sometime soon. Does anyone have any safe and solid recommendations for ordering one?
I am in the States, and Everything Dinosaur's shipping cost is as much as the figure itself, and Wilson seems to be sold out everywhere else.
Does anyone know if they'll be making more past official revival? I would like to grab one.
Ebay doesn't seem too bad of a place, but it seems like a lot of them aren't reputable dealers and seem to be taking after Monsterhouse in the shipping cost issue.

Jose S.M.

The only other place that I know have Wilson available is on Amazon. It has free shipping if I remember correctly.  Wilson and all the big vinyl figures are available, only Doyle is missing.

Syndicate Bias

PNSO revived their shop on Amazon which has Wilson as discounted to $99 dollars plus free shipping so that's your safest bet. Their Megalodon was $60 And sold out already rip. Idk when they restock again but when the new figures are out I suggest keeping a close eye on their Amazon shop

ceratopsian

Adopt-a-saurus ID has put up the following public post on Facebook:

"The PNSO team was kind enough to invite us to their office during our stay in Beijing .. They talked a little about the past, about what happened in the last twelve months and how they are trying to recover from the setback. Several prototypes and previously-planned products were available for our viewing. Most were not up their standards and will be revised accordingly. They did not set the schedule when these products will be released, neither the price level, but probably in the next 6-12 months, we will be able to see if they can return to their glory days. Several new novels and books will also be released in Mandarin first, before translated to English in the future. Thank you PNSO! looking forward to seeing your team again in the near future ~"

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: mgaguilar on August 05, 2018, 11:30:08 PM
... I'm looking to obtain a Wilson rex sometime soon. ... Wilson seems to be sold out everywhere else....Ebay doesn't seem too bad of a place, but ...
There are so many places on ebay where you can find it.
I don't think you could find it for less than 60$ + 25$ ( item + shipping ).
After all - box is so big.
Good luck.

mgaguilar

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on August 07, 2018, 01:14:06 PM
Quote from: mgaguilar on August 05, 2018, 11:30:08 PM
... I'm looking to obtain a Wilson rex sometime soon. ... Wilson seems to be sold out everywhere else....Ebay doesn't seem too bad of a place, but ...
There are so many places on ebay where you can find it.
I don't think you could find it for less than 60$ + 25$ ( item + shipping ).
After all - box is so big.
Good luck.

Thank you so much for the response! Looking forward to grabbing him.

ceratopsian

avatar_Sim @Sim: thanks for correcting me.  I'm sure you are right.  The arms also look too long for Caihong.  I think the image must have been included in the cards simply because it was something fairly recent that Zhao had done. 

Syndicate Bias

Following.up on Adopt-A-Saurus

spinosaurus1

Syndicate Bias

The Giganotosaurus should have the yellow paint over this one. I hope the teeth aren't as bad as that picture. Everything else looks good. Can't wait to see then finished

Adopt-a-Saurus ID

Ceratosaurus is hollow vinyl, similar to the chungkingo/triceratops model ..
The spinosaurus and giganotosaurus is solid pvc like Wilson/Doyle .. but these are old prototypes which they were not very satisfied ..

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Adopt-a-Saurus ID on August 08, 2018, 04:02:31 AM
Ceratosaurus is hollow vinyl, similar to the chungkingo/triceratops model ..
The spinosaurus and giganotosaurus is solid pvc like Wilson/Doyle .. but these are old prototypes which they were not very satisfied ..
Why not?  That Spinosaurus looks amazing.  I just hope that the paint scheme ends up being as great.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

KeU

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on August 08, 2018, 03:04:14 AM
The Giganotosaurus should have the yellow paint over this one. I hope the teeth aren't as bad as that picture. Everything else looks good. Can't wait to see then finished
Yellow paint?
You mean the paint variant we saw awhile back?
With the blue head?

Minmiminime

This is very exciting news, A @Adopt-a-Saurus ID ! It's heartening that they wish to produce high standard models again. From what I understand, the past issues were caused by a disagreement over the standard that the models should be produced at.
Whilst it doesn't really offer anything new in terms of design (and also has crazy monster-eyes) that could be the definitive Ceratosaurus for me! It is absolutely stunning, so much detail! I know it won't be cheap, but I also know it won't be as expensive as a Sideshow piece. 6-12 months gives me time to save up...
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Syndicate Bias

Same. I can't wait for PNSO also no. Not the blue head I meant the all golden scheme that the Giganotosaurus seems to be in everywhere in the exhibition and leaks from years ago.

KeU

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on August 09, 2018, 10:09:26 PM
Not the blue head I meant the all golden scheme that the Giganotosaurus seems to be in everywhere in the exhibition and leaks from years ago.
I don't remember...
I know of this all green sample and the blue head variant. But not an all gold one.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: