News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 10, 2019, 08:19:57 AM
Quote from: Brolyss4 on May 10, 2019, 06:58:00 AM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 10, 2019, 06:38:46 AM
avatar_Ceratosaurus @Ceratosaurus

"...knowing REBOR and Papo one might give it repetitious patterns and the other might give it a weird pose."

;D ;D ;D ;D I laughed so hard when I read this because it is the truth for each brand

By the way, we forgot Nanmu Studio that brand would surely make a giganotosaurus in the style of JP / JW figures based on Mattel figures. The figure would be as beautiful as the indominus but surely based on the culture of pop art dinosaurs.

I really like Nanmu Studio and I hope none of their models are LE as I will probably pick them all up in one swoop someday.

Does Nanmu Studio make non-JP dinosaurs too?

tanystropheus

Quote from: cooksonia on May 10, 2019, 10:40:54 AM
Most of the new figures appeared on Ali but disappeared the following day!

Oh no, I was kind of banking on them! Perhaps, the demand is really high since YouTubers are praising the heck out of PNSOs. PNSO is no longer a niche brand. Maybe they will restock in a few weeks?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 10, 2019, 10:41:06 AM
I sincerely like the new Wilson tyrannosaurus in terms of paint quality. However in my case my old tyrannosaurus Wilson had no problems stability very different thing happens with my new tyrannosaurus with the new touch of paint.

The evil eyes of the ancient Tyrannosaurus Wilson I honestly did not like because they in a way "demonized" said carnivorous theropod especially when this exceptional brand is based on scientific dinosaur figures and taking into account that the prehistoric theropods are not fortunately animals of terror or science fiction like those of JP / JW or monsters of the Aliens saga, but extinct animals that preceded us that could be framed in beauty and majesty to the current lions or tigers to give two examples.

They need to do the same with the Triceratops counterpart to Wilson (Doyle?) since it also looks a bit sinister. It would be nice if they can make it look closer to the museum edition.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 10, 2019, 10:45:15 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 10, 2019, 10:41:06 AM
I sincerely like the new Wilson tyrannosaurus in terms of paint quality. However in my case my old tyrannosaurus Wilson had no problems stability very different thing happens with my new tyrannosaurus with the new touch of paint.

The evil eyes of the ancient Tyrannosaurus Wilson I honestly did not like because they in a way "demonized" said carnivorous theropod especially when this exceptional brand is based on scientific dinosaur figures and taking into account that the prehistoric theropods are not fortunately animals of terror or science fiction like those of JP / JW or monsters of the Aliens saga, but extinct animals that preceded us that could be framed in beauty and majesty to the current lions or tigers to give two examples.

They need to do the same with the Triceratops counterpart to Wilson (Doyle?) since it also looks a bit sinister. It would be nice if they can make it look closer to the museum edition.

Sincerely, I totally agree with you. A PNSO triceratops updated according to new paleontological discoveries would be great. Although honestly with the current PNSO I am very happy with him. But an updated reissue of this iconic herbivorous dinosaur would not matter to me.

PhilSauria

Just saw the pic of the Gig with mouth closed, and at the risk of anthropomorphising - it looks bad-ass!

The sculptors at PNSO have taken a couple of liberties with the anatomy of the fossil remains, specifically in regard to the dip in the back above the hips - it is depicted as straight in the skeletal drawings and both Safari and Eofauna figures, but that won't prevent me from placing my order once I see the right price! I really like the slightly gothic but still naturalistic design aesthetic on the PNSO models.

Brolyss4

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 10, 2019, 12:03:09 PM

Sincerely, I totally agree with you. A PNSO triceratops updated according to new paleontological discoveries would be great. Although honestly with the current PNSO I am very happy with him. But an updated reissue of this iconic herbivorous dinosaur would not matter to me.

Interesting. What do you mean by updating Doyle? What new discoveries should be added to this figure? As far as I know it is up to date, what would you change/add to it?

Ceratosaurus

Another option for people looking to pick up a PNSO Giganotosaurus.

US $49.50 | PNSO Giganotosaurus Dinosaur Models in Museum Collection 1:35
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bfKohata
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Brolyss4 on May 10, 2019, 05:56:51 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 10, 2019, 12:03:09 PM

Interesting. What do you mean by updating Doyle? What new discoveries should be added to this figure? As far as I know it is up to date, what would you change/add to it?

Man I do not understand paleontology, the aspect of that triceratops is beautiful and I do not think about discussing a subject that I do not control but I think it should be a triceratops in a certain way with a less dragon appearance, that is, without more natural small spines, More or less with an appearance like the triceratops of Safari changing its appearance according to the philosophy of the company and the paleoartistic taste of the great Zhao Chuang but sincerely I could not pinpoint because I do not understand paleontology. What I would like in general terms independent of that I am an absolute enthusiast of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals in general is that they made extinct animals with a less terrible appearance. I understand that they would obviously be changing their appearance with current animals, dinosaurs and prehistoric animals would have a more majestic look than we think, but honestly it is as I say "give blinds" taking into account as I said that we do not have video recorder of that time and real photographs of those animals whose remains are mostly incomplete skeletons even a considerable amount of prehistoric Cenozoic animals are almost unknown to us. What I said could not be precise.

I am an enthusiast of all the brands of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals and even of toy brands (Recur toys) and obviously of resin figures (although for me those figures are inaccessible and unaffordable) but I like that there are brands that do not " demonize "the creatures of the past like the movies of JP / JW without for that reason affirming that I like to rage the figures of Rebor, Nanmu Studio and Papo although this company with its brilliant spinosaurus has changed in its commercial philosophy when making a dinosaur more realistic and less focused on the famous and successful JW / JP saga of the Universal franchise.

I'm not exactly the one to comment on how prehistoric animals should make any toy company. My ignorance and my scientific ignorance prevent me from giving my opinion. I am a simple collector.

KeU

Some more news from the Chinese forums.
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6127492210

Someone was asking Zhao Chuang on future plans and trying to confirm the Dinosaur species in the photo.
Zhao Chuang mentioned that once he is done with the sculpt, it is handed off to the production and marketing folks.
So he doesn't really know the release schedule.
He did confirm that he is done with an Apatosaurus sculpt.
No mention of scale though.

Bokisaurus

WOW, my bank account is empty! ;D
I followed this thread while on vacation and was so happy that these figures are actually now a reality!
I ordered them all, hoping they arrive safely in the next week or so.

If that Apatosaurus is i indeed a new one planned, that would be so sweet!

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: KeU on May 10, 2019, 09:00:48 PM
Some more news from the Chinese forums.
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6127492210

Someone was asking Zhao Chuang on future plans and trying to confirm the Dinosaur species in the photo.
Zhao Chuang mentioned that once he is done with the sculpt, it is handed off to the production and marketing folks.
So he doesn't really know the release schedule.
He did confirm that he is done with an Apatosaurus sculpt.
No mention of scale though.

Ah i saw this earlier but could not translate it. Nice, now if he just made a Carcharodontosaurus I'll be complete

PhilSauria

An Apatosaurus from PNSO! - now that I gotta see! (and own). I do have high expectations for them tackling my favorite Dinosaur and with this company and their artist(s) I suspect that the result may actually exceed said expectations. I do hope that it's on the larger side as I feel that sauropods are not done justice unless they are big models, at least the size of Safari's new Camarasaurus for example.

I would imagine that all of our bank accounts are currently suffering in the present collecting climate - so much to buy, and not just from PNSO, and so little money!

Shonisaurus

A PNSO apatosaurus would be a very expensive figure. On the other hand, the positive thing is that it would be one of the first large sauropods that we see in years, considering that PNSO is specialized in making large figures of sauropods.

Syndicate Bias

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 11, 2019, 07:56:22 AM
A PNSO apatosaurus would be a very expensive figure. On the other hand, the positive thing is that it would be one of the first large sauropods that we see in years, considering that PNSO is specialized in making large figures of sauropods.

Yes, I hope they re-release their first generation sauropod offerings, perhaps with improved coloring. I've never picked any of them up.

Concavenator

That Stegosaurus is based on Sophie, isn't it?  ???

suspsy

I love the look of that Stegosaurus, but I detest its chosen moniker. Although I suppose there are worse.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ceratopsian

Quote from: suspsy on May 12, 2019, 12:13:19 PM
I love the look of that Stegosaurus, but I detest its chosen moniker. Although I suppose there are worse.

I just try to ignore the monikers mostly.  Works for me!

ceratopsian

Quote from: Concavenator on May 12, 2019, 11:09:37 AM
That Stegosaurus is based on Sophie, isn't it?  ???

I guess so.  Here's a snap of Sophie....

Dobber

What is the significance of Sophie?

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: