News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catchup

Quote from: Gwangi on June 14, 2019, 01:06:16 AM
Quote from: cooksonia on June 13, 2019, 11:39:43 PM
Should call these new figures the Goldilocks range. Not too big or too small but just right.

Dude, I literally wrote that in my review for the Ankylosaurus DAYS ago, but I haven't published it yet. I feel a connection.

Couldn't agree more. Smaller figures are with less details, and I could by lots of Goldilock dinosaurs without pissing off my wife ^-^

catchup

It's confirmed by someone who had received the Spinops that it's made of pretty soft material.
And some are with the ugly white paint on face, some are without.
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive in 2 days. Wish for no white paint.

Jose S.M.

Dino Scream3232

I have the mini spinops. The poster that comes with it is of the new Spinops that's coming out.

catchup

Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on June 14, 2019, 04:47:38 PM
I have the mini spinops. The poster that comes with it is of the new Spinops that's coming out.

Exactly. All the details could match..That's really interesting. I don't have mini figures so I haven't seen them all. Will PNSO base more new products on the posters?

Shonisaurus

The spinops are not big but neither is a small figure almost as big as the PNSO ankylosaurus. In exchange, the eurhinosaurus is a small but well modeled and painted figure. I sincerely count the days to receive that pair of beauties.

ceratopsian

Quote from: catchup on June 14, 2019, 05:18:27 PM
Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on June 14, 2019, 04:47:38 PM

Exactly. All the details could match..That's really interesting. I don't have mini figures so I haven't seen them all. Will PNSO base more new products on the posters?

The poster and new model certainly look similar in pose etc.  It might not be that it is based on the poster, however.  It's possible that they planned ahead and had already designed the "Goldilocks" line at the same time that they were packaging the mini.

Shonisaurus

I understand that all his miniatures of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals such as the guidraco have a counterpart in figure as the spinops on the part of PNSO I have no doubt whatsoever.

terrorchicken

thanks for the Ali links PhilSauria!
It is a bit cheaper without the boxes, are they worth getting with the boxes? would they provide more security during transport?

Dino Scream3232

I'm sure they had these planned well in advance. Some of the poster images must've been already planned for larger models. There's definitely a few from the mini line I would love in a bigger scale.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: terrorchicken on June 14, 2019, 07:07:24 PM
It is a bit cheaper without the boxes, are they worth getting with the boxes? would they provide more security during transport?

I paid the few extra dollars for the box to avoid having it come bent.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Fenestra

The PNSO Amargasaurus I ordered without the box to save money was still shipped inside the styrofoam that protects the figure.
You just don't get the (very thin) outside carton box with the "pretty" picture, but the figure is still safely secured inside its own styrofoam case.

cooksonia

I ordered most without the box but the figures are well protected

Ceratosaurus

All that I've ordered were well packed and arrived in good condition. You're pretty much just missing any booklets and exterior box with a picture of the figure.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

PhilSauria

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on June 14, 2019, 10:41:22 PM

All that I've ordered were well packed and arrived in good condition. You're pretty much just missing any booklets and exterior box with a picture of the figure.

Agreed, I have not had any damaged in transit as a result of choosing the sans box option. Kinda wonder what difference it makes as the larger figures were still in the custom foam packing that goes inside said box and the mid sized Megalodon was inside its plastic clam shell / blister pack. They will still include the booklet if you request it in the 'message to seller' box at checkout. At least this seller does. So rest easy and save money.

terrorchicken

^good to know, thanks for the replies everyone! Im surprised they include booklets with these less expensive figures!

PhilSauria

Just to clarify, as far as I know the booklets only come with the larger figures that they package in the better quality boxes, the new mid size range just have a small leaflet with one pic, a line drawing and some text in multiple languages.

Shonisaurus

In my case I commissioned a member of the Acro-man forum the PNSO mamenchisaurus in his day (years ago) without the box, it was a cheap purchase and the package arrived without any problems and the figure lacks abrasions or defects, arrived without any deterioration. I suppose that in Aliexpress the same thing will happen, because buy the figure with the box you save a lot of money taking into account that the box you're going to throw to the garbage dump when receiving the figure (at least it has happened to me). It is not worth buying the PNSO figures with the box and brochure when the important thing is the sculptural set and the figure. It's a friend recommendation.

Halichoeres

Well, these two were instant buys. I'm particularly excited about the Eurhinosaurus.

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on June 13, 2019, 05:32:12 PM
Quote from: Dinoguy2 on June 13, 2019, 03:43:04 PM
Quote from: Renecito on June 13, 2019, 12:46:36 AM
PNSO is dissapointing me with those sizes :( For that we have other brands.

I haven't bought any PNSO before their recent minis and now a few of these medium sized figures. Are the figures in the standard museum line really huge compared to these? I saw somebody else mention that the Museum line is 1:35. By my calculation all of these recent "medium" figures are also 1:35 (except the Ankylosaurus, which seems more like 1:30 or so?), just featuring smaller species. Which seems like a good thing, having both lines to the same scale.

The museum line figures claim to be 1:35 but I'd guess most are closer to 1:30 scale with the exception of the Mamenchisaurus which seems 1:40 or less. The museum line is made up of mostly large Theropods, Sauropods and a Triceratops. The medium sized figures have some the scale up with them well and some that don't. The Stegosaurus in particular is a smaller size. Also none of the medium sized figures come with bases or articulated jaws.

The Mamenchisaurus is a little larger than 1:30 if it represents the type species M. constructus or M. youngi. Some of the larger but more fragmentary species would make it pretty small, like 1:50 or so, but for the most completely known species it's to about the same scale as their other "1:35" pieces.

Quote from: suspsy on June 13, 2019, 12:55:19 AM
My wife accidentally signed us up for Amazon Prime this year, i.e., free shipping. Have to say, it's turned out to have been one of the best accidents ever!  :D

I quit Prime after the cynical HQ2 debacle, but the PNSO figures still ship to me for free. I'm not sure if that's just a US thing, though.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 15, 2019, 03:54:50 PM

I quit Prime after the cynical HQ2 debacle, but the PNSO figures still ship to me for free. I'm not sure if that's just a US thing, though.

No, not just a US thing.  I'm in the UK and amazon.com offers me free shipping on the PNSO models (and I'm not in Prime).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: