News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on June 14, 2020, 02:36:32 PM
Unpopular (?) opinion but Wilson looks kinda ugly, mangy.

I needed to google the word mangy. And i can sign 100% what you said about it now. It looks indeed mangy. I have the first PNSO Trex and its complete brown, it looks kind of mangy too. But to be honest there are enough good Trexs out there so i dont care if they messed this type of dinosaur up.

Somewhere i read there will be a 2.0 release of their latest Spinosaurus with the base, is that true?

Mellow Stego

Just got back my repainted Chungkingosaurus!

So much detail was hidden under the original paint.

Very special thanks to Andy from Andy's dinosaur review.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Libraraptor

A strong Stegosaur statement!

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Mellow Stego on June 23, 2020, 06:33:48 AM
Just got back my repainted Chungkingosaurus!

So much detail was hidden under the original paint.

Very special thanks to Andy from Andy's dinosaur review.
Andy did that. Hes a friend of mine. How much did he charge

ceratopsian

What an attractive new paint job. It really does the sculpt justice.

SidB

Nifty. I can't help feel that this PNSO model, a very fine one, reminds me of a prancing horse. Just me, I suppose.

KeU

Did we ever got shown an Elasmosaurus?
Wondering if this is new.

Dinoxels

That's one heck of a neck.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Mo_the_Triceratops_King on June 14, 2020, 09:29:43 PM
Somewhere i read there will be a 2.0 release of their latest Spinosaurus with the base, is that true?

Oh, i would love to know more, too. Right now i am modifying it by myself, but a second Version of it would be great. Neat to have two different, but quite the same looking Spinos from PNSO next to each other.

SidB

Quote from: SidB on May 30, 2020, 04:44:21 AM
I have Wilson (the first painted version), and looking at the new sample above, I'd have to question how long he can remain standing without the base?
I just received the new Wilson (without base) from a vendor on Aliexpress. Arrived about a month early, so I was pleased with that, for sure. Apart from the new paint scheme, there has been a substantial alteration to the basic sculpt, namely to the torso. It has been substantially increased in girth, to both chest and waist. The core is impressively massive, though not unduly so - larger than the base-oriented versions one and two, in the same way that the Battat T-rexes one and two are more robust than the more gracile version three/Battat Terra ones.
To my surprise and delight, its feet have NOT been altered in size, but remain in proper scale with the rest of the figure (I hate clown feet). The figure stands perfectly upright and balanced. It seems that the re-balancing of the torso succeeds in producing a theropod that can stand on its own two feet. So far, so good - hopefully it stays this way!

SidB

Also, the hips and tail base are correspondingly larger, in proportion to the augmentation of the torso. The overall effect is really impressive.

Over9K

Totally pleased with the Wilson reissue. I haven't had any of the previous versions, so I can't comment on changes, but I can say this is a fantastic figure. You simply can't beat this for $30 shipped.

ceratopsian

Thanks avatar_Over9K @Over9K for the excellent photos; and thanks S @SidB for the detailed analysis. It would be interesting if in due course someone is able to post photos of the two versions together!

Over9K

-PNSO 'Wilson' Tyrannosaurus rex 2020 Re-Issue-

SidB

SidB

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 08, 2020, 09:44:35 AM
Thanks avatar_Over9K @Over9K for the excellent photos; and thanks S @SidB for the detailed analysis. It would be interesting if in due course someone is able to post photos of the two versions together!

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian , how are these?

ceratopsian

S @SidB - perfect. Many thanks, that is very helpful.

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: KeU on July 01, 2020, 08:47:43 PM
Spoiler
[close]
Did we ever got shown an Elasmosaurus?
Wondering if this is new.

Oh lala!

Carnoking

Got Wilson in yesterday. It's also my first version of this sculpt from PNSO. Absolutely love it, and very excited for the older version to arrive from AliExpress so I can see some of the differences.

SidB

I've always held the Greg Wenzel Battats (versions 1 and 2) to be the best mass produced featherless tyrants ever made. This is a worthy rival.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: