News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EverEvolvingSaurian

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy I saw a pretty tempting deal on EBay and decided it was worth a shot. Sadly, I don't actually have the figure on me at the moment as, to make a long story short, it is in the hands of a friend. If I happen to get it it back anytime soon, I'll be sure to share images.
"Be glad you are behind that fence, seƱor"

Shonisaurus

That PNSO qianzhousaurus is fabulous, it's awfully well made and the size compared to the recent PNSO tyrannosaurus rex "Wilson" judging from the pictures is quite acceptable. This company intends to ruin us collectors. Less than Safari and Papo have revealed very few figures this year. I think with PNSO and David Silva's Beast of the Mesozoic we already have enough figures this coming year in addition to what other brands like Nanmu, GR Toys, iToy, Mesozoo, and Rebor reveal to name a few toy dinosaur companies.

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

Is their evidence that the side scales closer to the belly gets bigger?

stargatedalek

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on December 26, 2020, 03:06:51 PM
Is their evidence that the side scales closer to the belly gets bigger?
None whatsoever. Crocodiles have that to make it easier to drag their bellies in and our of the water. So it would be unrealistic to put them on a theropod.

Giovs

Hello everyone, I'm new to the Forum.
I've been mostly collecting Safari Ltd and Collecta models, with a few Papo here and there. I'm interested in picking up a few PNSO models since they look really good. I see a lot of people ordering PNSO models from aliexpress, but I'm worried about ordering there and getting a Bootleg instead of the real deal. Is there any tips you guys can give me to avoid that? Any particular store in aliexpress that only sells the original models?
Thanks in advance.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Giovs on December 27, 2020, 03:43:21 PM
I've been mostly collecting Safari Ltd and Collecta models, with a few Papo here and there. I'm interested in picking up a few PNSO models since they look really good. I see a lot of people ordering PNSO models from aliexpress, but I'm worried about ordering there and getting a Bootleg instead of the real deal. Is there any tips you guys can give me to avoid that? Any particular store in aliexpress that only sells the original models?
Thanks in advance.

Model Toy Center and/or Pop Shack Store and/or My Online Toy Store

Example:   https://it.aliexpress.com/store/1196221/search?SearchText=pnso

Giovs

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on December 27, 2020, 03:46:17 PM
Quote from: Giovs on December 27, 2020, 03:43:21 PM
Thanks in advance.

Model Toy Center and/or Pop Shack Store and/or My Online Toy Store

Example:   https://it.aliexpress.com/store/1196221/search?SearchText=pnso

Thanks for the help Robin, appreciate it!
I'll check those stores.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Giovs @Giovs My welcome to the forum. Have fun. Sincerely, before choosing your preferred Aliexpress store or before buying a figure, I recommend that you investigate the prices. Figures without a box are much cheaper and over the months these figures vary in price and often have low prices that greatly favor our pockets. I recommend that you compare the different prices offered by the sellers on Aliexpress and also on Amazon and Ebay, on the other hand, look at the degree of credibility that we give each buyer in the different online stores that sell toy dinosaurs and above all tend to avoid shipping costs, many Aliexpress online stores sell their dinosaurs with no shipping costs.

Flaffy

Like the Spinops, PNSO seems to have touched up the paintwork on newer runs of the Dakosaurus.
Definitely interested in getting this figure now that the extremely sloppy teeth paint is no longer present.

Bread

Hopefully the Stegosaurus receives the same treatment, especially since an Allosaurus is on the way.

SidB

Thanks, avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy , good to know - may get this figure now.

Flaffy

Quote from: Bread on January 03, 2021, 03:46:03 PM
Hopefully the Stegosaurus receives the same treatment, especially since an Allosaurus is on the way.

Hell, I absolutely wouldn't mind a completely new stegosaurus sculpt either ;)

Bread

Quote from: Flaffy on January 03, 2021, 03:51:53 PM
My thoughts exactly, but I don't see PNSO doing that. I could be wrong though...

Dinoguy2

I was about to say that they should make a larger Stegosaurus if the Allo is going to be larger scale as well. But now that I think of it, I hope the Allosaurus is smaller scale too, maybe that means they'll make some big Morrison sauropods to go with them!
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

suspsy

As much as I adore the current PNSO Stegosaurus, the Tuojiangosaurus and the Miragaia put it to utter shame. I would be tempted by a bigger and better version.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stegotyranno420

All this stegosaurus talk is making me excited. The Bieber model was pretty small and easily surpassed by Tuojangasaurus and Miragaia.

Giovs

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 28, 2020, 01:58:54 PM
avatar_Giovs @Giovs My welcome to the forum. Have fun. Sincerely, before choosing your preferred Aliexpress store or before buying a figure, I recommend that you investigate the prices. Figures without a box are much cheaper and over the months these figures vary in price and often have low prices that greatly favor our pockets. I recommend that you compare the different prices offered by the sellers on Aliexpress and also on Amazon and Ebay, on the other hand, look at the degree of credibility that we give each buyer in the different online stores that sell toy dinosaurs and above all tend to avoid shipping costs, many Aliexpress online stores sell their dinosaurs with no shipping costs.

Thanks for the tips! I'll buy my first PNSO Dinosaur this week, and I'll be sure to share my experience here.

SidB

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on January 04, 2021, 02:46:32 PM

I was about to say that they should make a larger Stegosaurus if the Allo is going to be larger scale as well. But now that I think of it, I hope the Allosaurus is smaller scale too, maybe that means they'll make some big Morrison sauropods to go with them!
Interesting idea! If so, perhaps the sauropods would have to be of hollow vinyl, of necessity.

Stegotyranno420

Yes, I hope they are hollow(for pricing and shipping) and large. I can't believe companies haven't done that yet, why do they always made them solid?

LeapingLaelaps

Quote from: Stegotyranno on January 04, 2021, 07:43:46 PM
Yes, I hope they are hollow(for pricing and shipping) and large. I can't believe companies haven't done that yet, why do they always made them solid?

Most companies seem to make small-ish figures so they're probably not worried about that, and it's probably easier to make solid figures. Although I've never designed a figure so I'm not sure how the process works of mold making/hollowing them out :P

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: