News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

I guess I am not having the best luck with PNSO latelly. Here's another example of a badly painted model I got. This from from ED. The Yangchuanosaurus color looks so much flatter than in pictures from other collectors and in the review from Andy's Channel. Not sure if the color correct and saturated their images. But the model seemed to have a lot of color variation, specially several more orange areas within the yellow on the back, which are not there in my copy.  I find this extremely frustrating, that companies now get to just make worse versions of the promoted product. Most of people will say, that if you don't like the figure, don't buy it. But that is the problem. I like the figure, based on pictures I have seen of the actual product released. I am not just going by the stock photos released by PNSO, but from actual products sold and shown by consumers online. Then I buy the item, wait over 2 to 3 weeks, sometimes more, to get it and in the end I receive a much worse washed out version. Not to mention paint defects as the huge pink splotch on the face, that shouldn't be there. It is becoming aparent that if you don't order you model within a month of its release, you are doomed to get a downgraded product later on.
Does anyone else feel like me on this?

Moodyraptor

This may sound like a weird question, but can anyone tell me what PNSO dinosaurs feel like texturally? I've never bought one before, and I really like Audrey, but just in pictures the texture looks kind of hard plasticky, which slightly puts me off. Do they feel like they look?

Leyster

Quote from: Ikessauro on December 24, 2020, 01:39:46 PM
I guess I am not having the best luck with PNSO latelly. Here's another example of a badly painted model I got. This from from ED. The Yangchuanosaurus color looks so much flatter than in pictures from other collectors and in the review from Andy's Channel. Not sure if the color correct and saturated their images. But the model seemed to have a lot of color variation, specially several more orange areas within the yellow on the back, which are not there in my copy.  I find this extremely frustrating, that companies now get to just make worse versions of the promoted product. Most of people will say, that if you don't like the figure, don't buy it. But that is the problem. I like the figure, based on pictures I have seen of the actual product released. I am not just going by the stock photos released by PNSO, but from actual products sold and shown by consumers online. Then I buy the item, wait over 2 to 3 weeks, sometimes more, to get it and in the end I receive a much worse washed out version. Not to mention paint defects as the huge pink splotch on the face, that shouldn't be there. It is becoming aparent that if you don't order you model within a month of its release, you are doomed to get a downgraded product later on.
Mine defienetely has a more complex paint application. At least yours can stand, I tried almost anything (hot water, hairdryer...), it keeps reverting on its warped form.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

EverEvolvingSaurian

That's really odd, because I ordered and received the same figure not too long ago, and my copy is perfectly fine. Maybe I just got lucky?
"Be glad you are behind that fence, seƱor"

Bread

It is becoming aparent that if you don't order you model within a month of its release, you are doomed to get a downgraded product later on.
This is my fear when I wait to order any PNSO figures, and you are not alone when it comes to receiving downgraded product. My Ankylosaurus has quite a bit of paint scheme difference compared to other forum member's and youtube reviews. Noticeably there is a splash of a cloudy/light pink on the club. Also, there is this sort of very very light gray paint/wash over the entire figure, compared to most member's figure or youtube reviews, the light gray wash/paint is not as heavy as mine is. I will say that mine is not as bothersome or bad in a way. I still like the figure, but your Yangchuanosaurus has quite the defect. Have you considered contacting ED for a refund or replacement? I could see you worrying about waiting another 2-3 weeks or so, or the possibility of the package being lost.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Bread on December 24, 2020, 02:33:45 PM
It is becoming aparent that if you don't order you model within a month of its release, you are doomed to get a downgraded product later on.
This is my fear when I wait to order any PNSO figures, and you are not alone when it comes to receiving downgraded product. My Ankylosaurus has quite a bit of paint scheme difference compared to other forum member's and youtube reviews. Noticeably there is a splash of a cloudy/light pink on the club. Also, there is this sort of very very light gray paint/wash over the entire figure, compared to most member's figure or youtube reviews, the light gray wash/paint is not as heavy as mine is. I will say that mine is not as bothersome or bad in a way. I still like the figure, but your Yangchuanosaurus has quite the defect. Have you considered contacting ED for a refund or replacement? I could see you worrying about waiting another 2-3 weeks or so, or the possibility of the package being lost.

I don't wanna bother the folks at ED with this, they are not at fault here, PNSO is.

Bread

Quote from: Ikessauro on December 24, 2020, 04:33:08 PM
Quote from: Bread on December 24, 2020, 02:33:45 PM

I don't wanna bother the folks at ED with this, they are not at fault here, PNSO is.
True. I was thinking they could exchange the product, but still I wouldn't want to bother a seller especially this time of the year.

Faelrin

Well that is most unfortunate. I too am worried about this because it could be quite some time before I can get back into collecting and getting caught up on their models (mostly recently released such as the Lamebosaurus and Spinosaurus for example, and the older Amargasaurus if possible). I wouldn't want to luck out so to speak. I am also curious about the state of the mini's in this regard. I am ways behind on getting the ones that interest me such as the Anchiornis, and Sinosauropteryx for example.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

Yeah, no that paint job is definitely a step down. I wonder if all of this is a direct result of them pumping out so many new models at once....

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The more I look at the Yangchuanosaurus though, the more I wonder why their Microraptor, Tyrannosaurus and Qianzhousaurus don't have lips.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Carnoking

I believe the artist had some insight on that decision, at least in regards to the T. rex.

empire3569

Haven't seen anyone else post this, but here's another video of the new 2020 Wilson: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1jZ4y137PZ/?spm_id_from=333.788.videocard.0

Has pretty good lighting and shows the figure close-up from multiple angles for those still wishing to see more before purchasing

Flaffy

Quote from: EverEvolvingSaurian on December 24, 2020, 02:30:49 PM
That's really odd, because I ordered and received the same figure not too long ago, and my copy is perfectly fine. Maybe I just got lucky?

avatar_EverEvolvingSaurian @EverEvolvingSaurian Interesting! Where did you order yours? Do you have any pics of your copy?

And regarding the crap-ification of paint apps:
I share the same worries with a lot of members here as well. I guess the one benefit of having simpler paint apps from companies like Safari or CollectA is that you don't have to worry about waiting on later runs, as the quality will pretty much be the same.

I'm still kicking myself for waiting so long in regards to the PNSO museum series figures. But at this point with so many reports of lazy, sloppy paint jobs compared to the originals, I'm not sure if I want to bother shelling out premium price for less-than-premium quality figures.

With the release of the new "Wilson", maybe this is the beginning of a series of remakes? Would love to see older models like the Yangchuanosaurus, Chungkingosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Huayangosaurus etc receive remodels in this newer, crisper, less-demonic style.

Stegotyranno420

Tbh that pic made me lose all internet

Flaffy

SidB

Flaffy

Not sure how I feel about the paint jobs on the most recent reveals (save for the rex).
Macharioceratops, Sinoceratops and Qianzhousaurus have the weakest paint jobs out of this new line imo.
Really dislike the gloss coat that's haphazardly slapped onto the face.

Bread

Ahhh yes, been waiting for more images of the Qianzhousaurus. PNSO just keep grabbing at my wallet. Definitely going to pick this one up, my only issue being the gloss on the face, but no big deal.

The real question is stability? Will this one come with a rod? I am kind of hoping so, but if the pose allows this one to be stable long term, then hats off to PNSO.

Edit: I checked, figure not available for purchase yet. However, I could see this figure being $40+, sadly....

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on December 25, 2020, 12:43:04 AM
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/132550700_2952251428336107_2815953467337936126_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8024bb&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=85No5wSh_RcAX-Lrt-M&_nc_oc=AQnW1_l_gX2-l5F02g-5IJqcxl0qka_baltK3-imPRAJhRqAQy0hj8mDxdlne6FQpypxmPtA2uoU8vSbPTttClep&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&tp=14&oh=fc83972cdf06fd6a0a28f95e6680acf6&oe=600ABE1B

New picture sorry Imgur isnt working for me

Oh look, the PNSO rendition of the Jurassic World Baryonyx! Jokes aside.

Not shure about this one, but still an impressive Figure.
Don't get we wrong, i think me and others around the world created a new way of first, personal reviewing when looking at recent Dinosaurfigures/Photos(!). This is normal, i would think. The Figures are getting better and better overall (Not only PNSO). The 2020/21 PNSO Figures are all outstanding and set a new Standard in this Pricerange (At least for me). SO the first new Figures are always extremely exciting and special. So i connect the term "new PNSO Figures" with high Quality overall greatness and my expectation grows. This works automaticly, until i actively want to change this way of thinking.

So, whenever a new reveal was made now from PNSo OR another Company, i automaticly compare them to my saved image of "the new, always perfect Dinosaur Figures" that were introduced to us the last Weeks.

So i find myself looking at a BEAUTIFUL Figure, which will likely have a good Price for overall Quality. So i start to heavily nitpick. About stuff i normally would not be that harsh on with other Companys.But they cost almost the same, are way more toyish and less detailed or accurate in another way.

These are really great Figures from PNSo. All of them. I am just entering the Room with WAY too much Expectations, because of the first new PNSO Figures, which to me did something new.

It is late and i really do not know, why i wrote all this. Merry Christmas to you all. If you do that kind of Stuff. If not, have a great day, whatever you are doing :)  I guess i was annoyed again of my subconscious behaving when looking at these new Pictures. The "Search for the negativity in the new Figure".

Also with their new Wilson. Yes, the scales are too big, and i am upset about the lack of Lips. But some Figures of other Companys look like they were hit by Truck and still, i like a few of them and am not complaining that much (while costing a good amout of money, too). I really love that new Wilson. And i think i should buy it next Year, because i will concentrate on the "what and why do i like this figure" and decide then, and not on "I love it, BUT". There is enough Negativity everywhere.

Good Night.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: