News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinoguy2

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on November 11, 2021, 12:50:15 PM

Lol, even Safari never branded improved paint apps as a "remake" unless it was in a new color! But makes sense, bringing the paint back to baseline requires it to essentially be treated as an all new figure.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

need4swede

Quote from: Antey on November 11, 2021, 02:08:05 PM
Today I ordered a new version in their brand store on Aliexpress. when I get it, I will definitely show the photos here.

Looking forward to seeing it!
- Swede

Antey

Quote from: need4swede on November 11, 2021, 11:10:07 PM
Quote from: Antey on November 11, 2021, 02:08:05 PM
Today I ordered a new version in their brand store on Aliexpress. when I get it, I will definitely show the photos here.

Looking forward to seeing it!

Antey

The only question is the absence of brand markings on the belly of the figure. What do the owners of this figure from other production batches have to say?

Bread

avatar_Antey @Antey I have batch two and I can confirm the figure has no brand signature.

Your figure seems pretty good. I like the new color modifications it has compared to the old batches, excluding the first batch of course as it is still the superior of the bunch. If I am recalling correctly, all of the old batches like those spots on its top of the head, I really like that addition. Thanks for the photos avatar_Antey @Antey

Takama

I got my Ankylosaurus From Batch 1 back in 2019 and i can also confirm there are no markings

need4swede

Thanks for sharing, avatar_Antey @Antey

Seems like Batch 1 still resembles the box art the most. Was hoping this new re-color would, too, but it seems like a different alternative variant of the second batch.
- Swede

Andre

avatar_Antey @Antey are you sure you got the new version? I ordered it, but received the old one instead. I know because of the artwork on tha box and the internal artwork as well. I have contacted PNSO and they will refund me :(

Bread

Quote from: Andre on November 27, 2021, 05:41:59 PM
avatar_Antey @Antey are you sure you got the new version? I ordered it, but received the old one instead. I know because of the artwork on tha box and the internal artwork as well. I have contacted PNSO and they will refund me :(
I honestly think avatar_Antey @Antey has the newer version. Looking back at my figure (batch 2) and comparing them to not only Antey's but to other members as well, seems like Antey's has quite a few new additions to the paint. Mostly the top of the head with those spots, new to the figure entirely, plus the lack of this grey wash entirely. Also the legs seem to have paint on them more than the grey wash, I've seen a lot of figures that just have an over abundance of the grey wash to the point it hides the color scheme.

Antey

Quote from: Bread on November 27, 2021, 07:20:38 PM
Quote from: Andre on November 27, 2021, 05:41:59 PM
I honestly think avatar_Antey @Antey has the newer version. Looking back at my figure (batch 2) and comparing them to not only Antey's but to other members as well, seems like Antey's has quite a few new additions to the paint. Mostly the top of the head with those spots, new to the figure entirely, plus the lack of this grey wash entirely. Also the legs seem to have paint on them more than the grey wash, I've seen a lot of figures that just have an over abundance of the grey wash to the point it hides the color scheme.
Sure. Delivery includes a 64-page booklet and poster. And the figurine itself is lighter and brighter than in the last summer photos.

Antey

Here are photos from Aliexpress, which show the difference in the color of the old (left) and new (right) versions.

SidB

Quote from: Antey on November 28, 2021, 01:02:05 PM
Here are photos from Aliexpress, which show the difference in the color of the old (left) and new (right) versions.

Thanks for the display, as promised, avatar_Antey @Antey , of these two versions, plus the bonus of the others, for comparison purposes. It seems, from your pictures that the new paint job is both brighter and gives better definition to the detailing of the sculpt. To buy or not to buy ... hmmm?

Antey

unfortunately I did not hold the previous versions in my hands, but this one is really well worked out. For example, osteoderms are not just tinted gray, contrasting with the tan skin tone. On the osteoderms, color transitions are visible - the base is dark, and the apex is light. It really looks like the picture on the box. And this is quite a delicate work, given the relatively low price of the figurine.

SidB

Okay, thanks for taking the time to respond with this clarification - it's appreciated.

Faras

Quote from: Bread on November 11, 2021, 01:17:59 PM
Speaking of new color scheme for Sede, what about Lucio the Amargasaurus repaint? Has anyone received one of the new ones yet, I am looking into buying the new color scheme?

Bit late for the discussion as I wasn't watching this thread sorry... here are pics from Chinese forums and store pages:

BlueKrono

The Amargasaurus would be vastly improved by an eye-catching color scheme. I was pretty disappointed by how dull mine was, much worse than the pics online.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Bread

Thank you avatar_Faras @Faras

This color scheme is such an improvement over the old one. The only thing I can nitpick about it is the blue lines on the red portion of the neck. Some may find the missing of the painted nails to be lazy and low quality, but I find it as an improvement as well. I never liked the white painted nails on the previous version. Now, will this be available on amazon or the PNSO official store? Dan's Dinosaurs is the only store who seems to be selling this at the moment, but I rather wait and buy it as a prime item.

Faras

avatar_Bread @Bread My pleasure  ^-^

Hmm new paint is the only option in Chinese stores since July, kinda wonder why they haven't update Amazon and Aliexpress yet... maybe there are old stocks in the U.S. still.

btw since 2020 most buyers in China (me included) got English versions of old Mamenchisaurus, Amargasaurus and Yangchuanosaurus & Chungkingosaurus, bit weird tbh.

Shonisaurus

That amargasaurus is a special limited paint version? I say this because I have the triceratops limited paint version from the same PNSO brand and it cost me a fortune over a year ago.

Faras

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 29, 2021, 04:09:44 PM
That amargasaurus is a special limited paint version? I say this because I have the triceratops limited paint version from the same PNSO brand and it cost me a fortune over a year ago.

Nay Amargasaurus got a paint revision :) they replaced old ones with it in Chinese stores around June or July iirc.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: