News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: sauroid on May 12, 2021, 04:31:30 PM
i get my PNSOs from Taobao / Aliexpress and usually take within a week to get to me and i get to pay COD. thats what i meant when i said it was so easy. just realized doesnt apply to all consumers, my bad. i should also add that im located in Asia hence the convenience.
Ahhh okay. Was wondering where you receive your products from as from your previous post it seemed incredibly easy and fast for you to get them. Must be a treat to be one of the few to get them first! >:D

Josesaurus rex

Halichoeres

Quote from: Josesaurus rex on May 14, 2021, 07:28:10 AM
Did you know about this Carcharodontosaurus?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254973796541

It's been discussed a bit on the new for 2021 thread, but worth posting here too.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Kapitaenosavrvs

I can just speak for myself, but having an account at AliExpress and buying stuff there and get it to Europe ist really quite easy for me. Its the same process like on every other Online Store or Warehouse. Shipping really depends on what you choose and want to pay. But it is often for free or just 1 to 2 Euros. Inside Germany, i pay 4,50 to 6 Euros per package. But recently, Stuff from China or Hong Kong took less than 2 Weeks. Sometimes these "10 Day Delivery" works. And for a Price, that is not comparable to anything i know as a german. So to me, PNSO Figures are the same as Safari or CollectA, ordering wise. I only can buy Schleich from Stores, and i do not have much interest in this. Moreover, its far more easy for me to order online, than going outside into a Store. Sadly.

bmathison1972

I just got an email today that Happy Hen Toys in the USA is selling PNSO. So far, they only have the mini dinosaurs from 2016 (individually), but, it's a start.

Maritimer

Happy Hen's got lots more than just the minis . . .

I've just received a bunch from them: Nick the Ceratosaurus, Winter Wilson (Why "Winter"? Where did that come from?), Doyle the Triceratops, Bart the Pinacosaurus, Sede the Ankylosaurus, Caroline the Corythosaurus, Er-Ma the Mamenchisaurus, Rosana the Miragaia and the Chungkinggosaurus / Yangchuanosaurus diorama. (I've been collecting Papo for quite some time, but they've ... underwhelmed me with recent offerings.)

I've only opened a few of the models so far (had kinda wanted to share the opening with a granddaughter who's into this sort of thing...by the time she gets to the house for a visit, they'll probably all be opened), and I've gotta say, I am mightily impressed. I can already tell that I'm going to want more of these.

~B.

SidB

avatar_Maritimer @Maritimer , that's quite a haul of excellence. Congratulations. I'm sure that your granddaughter will be thrilled.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Maritimer on June 01, 2021, 04:16:19 AM
Winter Wilson (Why "Winter"? Where did that come from?)

I believe it's because the new Wilson came out Winter 2020? IIRC the previous version of T. rex saw wide release less than a year earlier and they're both named Wilson, so it's there to distinguish the first and second versions.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Gothmog the Baryonyx

It is from Dan's Dinosaurs I believe. No one starting using that silly winter moniker until then. I prefer Spring Wilson anyway.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Maritimer

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on June 01, 2021, 12:13:15 PM

I believe it's because the new Wilson came out Winter 2020? IIRC the previous version of T. rex saw wide release less than a year earlier and they're both named Wilson, so it's there to distinguish the first and second versions.

Thanks for that, Dinoguy2 - I'd thought that it might have to do with him being relatively hefty - like he'd put on a few pounds for the harsh season.

~B., who's opened his, and is quite impressed with the figure's imposing physique. The PNSO Triceratops, however, looks as though he could easily see Wilson off . . .

SRF

Quote from: Maritimer on June 02, 2021, 02:45:54 AM
Quote from: Dinoguy2 on June 01, 2021, 12:13:15 PM

Thanks for that, Dinoguy2 - I'd thought that it might have to do with him being relatively hefty - like he'd put on a few pounds for the harsh season.

~B., who's opened his, and is quite impressed with the figure's imposing physique. The PNSO Triceratops, however, looks as though he could easily see Wilson off . . .

Doyle the Triceratops is more like a companion piece to the old Wilson. Both came out in 2017 for the first time and both have bases, which Winter Wilson of course hasn't got. Since the old Wilson was based on Stan, it was too big to be in actual 1:35 scale. I think the same applies to Doyle.

PNSO has teased a new Triceratops which will probably be in 1:35 scale and will display better together with "Winter" Wilson. There's nothing known yet on when it will be released though.
But today, I'm just being father

Gwangi

I'm hearing talk that the PNSO minis are being discontinued. Is this true? Anyone have the inside scoop? If so I'll need to order a bunch before it's too late.

Medzo

Do you guys have any intel where to order from (I live in Hungary, central/eastern Europe) so that I get the boxes in a mint condition?

I ordered Paul and Sede from Amazon but while Paul arrived with only a very minor damage, Sede's box is like it would have been sit on, without any outer carboard box wrapping. I noticed that for older models - like Sede - Amazon is labeled in the `shipped from` field while for the newer ones it is PNSO Yiniao Sci-Art.

Can someone confirm that for a bigger batch Amazon does pack the boxes more carefully? Maybe they are being cheapos only with single smaller boxes.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Medzo on July 02, 2021, 04:49:57 PM
Do you guys have any intel where to order from (I live in Hungary, central/eastern Europe) so that I get the boxes in a mint condition?

I ordered Paul and Sede from Amazon but while Paul arrived with only a very minor damage, Sede's box is like it would have been sit on, without any outer carboard box wrapping. I noticed that for older models - like Sede - Amazon is labeled in the `shipped from` field while for the newer ones it is PNSO Yiniao Sci-Art.

Can someone confirm that for a bigger batch Amazon does pack the boxes more carefully? Maybe they are being cheapos only with single smaller boxes.

As you said, PNSO figures are not shipped by Amazon but by third-part sellers so the shipping process doesn't depend on Amazon.
PNSO Yiniao is from China and figures are shipped from China.
Usually I order PNSO from China directly on Aliexpress.
I never received a damaged figure from China but also I never received a mint box: the package is always more or less crushed.
A different story for PNSO Museum Line 1:35 models due to the more solid art-box..
:)

Lanthanotus

I just received the Tarbosaurus from Aliexpress yesterday with box, which was a premiere for me as I am usually not interested in the boxes. But the whole thing was so tightly wrapped in air tube foil that you probably could have used it for round of soccer. Can check which shop I ordered it from.

PS: Will probably never order with box again as its manyfolds more plastic used for packaging than if you just take the figure which in my cases was always carefully packed, but in what looked like second use plastic bits and leftovers. However, intact stuff like bubblewrap and the above mentioned air tube foil is reused by me at least.

Psittacoraptor

Speaking of Aliexpress, bad news for EU PNSO collectors. Aliexpress now directly charges the VAT of your country at checkout. In my case this means every figure is now 19% more expensive. Even the ones below approximately 30.00 $, which were all tax-free before July 1st. I just love paying more because I happen to live in Europe!

ceratopsian

I have been charged 20% by AliExpress since the UK left the EU. However it is better here in my country to be charged at source. If it comes without tax prepaid, I incur an extra £12 or so depending on the carrier in addition the the tax due as a handling fee. This is often a higher sun than the actual tax. Things don't very often slip through without the tax being levied these days. So I would rather avoid the handling fee.

SRF

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on July 06, 2021, 09:38:09 AM
Speaking of Aliexpress, bad news for EU PNSO collectors. Aliexpress now directly charges the VAT of your country at checkout. In my case this means every figure is now 19% more expensive. Even the ones below approximately 30.00 $, which were all tax-free before July 1st. I just love paying more because I happen to live in Europe!

I feel it's actually good news that AliExpress charges the VAT up front. That should mean that the parcels are handled quicker when they arrive at the customs in Europe. With the new rules the VAT should be paid anyway and when it's not charged up front, the postal service would charge me with an extra 4 to 10 Euro for each parcel.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 06, 2021, 10:10:53 AM
I have been charged 20% by AliExpress since the UK left the EU. However it is better here in my country to be charged at source. If it comes without tax prepaid, I incur an extra £12 or so depending on the carrier in addition the the tax due as a handling fee. This is often a higher sun than the actual tax. Things don't very often slip through without the tax being levied these days. So I would rather avoid the handling fee.

Absolutely understandable. I am not superfamilliar with taxes and all that stuff, but ordering from ED is always expensive for me in Germany, Because of the Pound and the immense shipping (which is not the fault of ED, of course.). Since the UK is out of the EU now, i guess i also have to pay the extra VAT now on top? That would be extremely sad for People with a tinitiny Bankaccount :( Moreover i do think it would be better to pay it here in Germany, rather than directly in AE shops. But who knows. Maybe this makes the whole process faster. Now PNSO got expensive again for me :D

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor Thanks for showing here. I saw that too and felt a bit sad. Just because my Hobby gets a bit less exiting now. PNSO is just one of the many great Companys and i try not to focus too much on them, but this year really is the PNSO year and i can't deny, that their Figures are something special to me.

SRF

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on July 06, 2021, 10:33:53 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on July 06, 2021, 10:10:53 AM

Absolutely understandable. I am not superfamilliar with taxes and all that stuff, but ordering from ED is always expensive for me in Germany, Because of the Pound and the immense shipping (which is not the fault of ED, of course.). Since the UK is out of the EU now, i guess i also have to pay the extra VAT now on top? That would be extremely sad for People with a tinitiny Bankaccount :( Moreover i do think it would be better to pay it here in Germany, rather than directly in AE shops. But who knows. Maybe this makes the whole process faster. Now PNSO got expensive again for me :D

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor Thanks for showing here. I saw that too and felt a bit sad. Just because my Hobby gets a bit less exiting now. PNSO is just one of the many great Companys and i try not to focus too much on them, but this year really is the PNSO year and i can't deny, that their Figures are something special to me.

It doesn't make a difference to the amount of VAT you're paying if you pay it in Germany, since AE should charge the VAT percentage that is applied in your home country anyway. When it's charged up front, you probably won't be charged with any handling costs of the postal services in your own country, which here it can go up to €10,- per parcel which I have to pay extra on top of the VAT rates.

Now it just means that PNSO figures are becoming 21% more expensive for me. Which is a large increase of course, but make PNSO figures still less expensive compared to the prices handled by a PNSO reseller here in the Netherlands. There PNSO products are 25 to almost 50% more expensive than the prices on AliExpress, depending on the figure.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: