News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

NEW FORUM MASCOT

Started by Simon, April 01, 2016, 05:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

In keeping with the spirit of the day, I present the new Forum Mascot:

PaleoMatt

We have been taken over by trolls!!

Simon

Quote from: PaleoMatt on April 01, 2016, 05:27:24 PM
We have been taken over by trolls!!

Nothing new there.   ;)  About 7 years ago that's pretty much all that was around here.  The Forum has matured nicely since the "last gasp" of the Trolls 2 years ago ...

DinoToyForum

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: danishtrollforum on April 01, 2016, 06:55:47 PM
;D
Nice username  ;) a unique alternative to your Dinot, Oyfo, and Rum.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Dinomike

I really laughed out loud when I saw the banner! I didn't even realize at first. This is my kind of humor - thanks for making my day!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Halichoeres

Quote from: Simon on April 01, 2016, 05:15:49 PM
In keeping with the spirit of the day, I present the new Forum Mascot:

It's the spitting image of my uncle!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

alexeratops

In all reality, it would be cool to have a forum mascot. We need to get some skilled artist to draw one... and make a poll on what species it would be? Who's with me?

*cricket noises*
like a bantha!

AcroSauroTaurus

I think the forum mascot should be a species of dinosaur, i mean it is the DinoToyForum after all. ;D If we all agree on a species (preferably a not so popular species) I can do the artwork if thats fine. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on April 02, 2016, 04:18:01 AM
I think the forum mascot should be a species of dinosaur, i mean it is the DinoToyForum after all. ;D If we all agree on a species (preferably a not so popular species) I can do the artwork if thats fine. ;)

I would be open to creating the artwork for our mascot as well, if this is something we wanted to do :)

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Kayakasaurus

How about a Dino counterpart to our very own Dr. Admin, also known as Plesiosauria?  :)) :))
I'd love to see other forum members' mascots, this is just for fun!
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

amargasaurus cazaui

My avatar is my own mascot, already. Psittacosaurus Genghis Nim !!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on April 02, 2016, 06:06:23 AM
How about a Dino counterpart to our very own Dr. Admin, also known as Plesiosauria?  :)) :))
I'd love to see other forum members' mascots, this is just for fun!

:))

DinoToyForum

We never had a proper blog/forum logo or mascot before, I'm up for considering ideas.

Arul

oh thank God at least the mascott is not Barney...

Tyto_Theropod

Happy to draw a mascot dinosaur as long as it's not I-Rex. *Retreats into a dark corner to drink fanboy tears*. >:D
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

LophoLeeVT

how about dilophosaurus?
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Flaffy

Any love for Estemmenosuchus?

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

EarthboundEiniosaurus

So are we considering this? How about we all suggest as few species and the ones that come up most often get put into a poll? I do think it should be a dinosaur though, it's the dinosaur toy forum after all. Here are a few of my suggestions: Torvosaurus, Cryolophosaurus, Centrosaurus, and Plateosaurus. Those are off the top of my head, I'm sure there are many more great candidates I'm not thinking of, so i'd be interested to see what the rest of you would have in mind :)

thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: