News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

MEG & Jason Statham

Started by dragon53, April 15, 2016, 05:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowknight1

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 11, 2018, 08:48:12 AM
QuoteAnd one more thing.  Harcourt!  Harcourt Fenton Mudd, what are you doing in a shark movie?!

Roger C. Carmel died a long time ago...RIP.
I know.  I was referring to Rainn Wilson who played Mudd for a couple episodes of Star Trek Discovery.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on April 11, 2018, 11:56:42 AM
QuoteAnd one more thing.  Harcourt!  Harcourt Fenton Mudd, what are you doing in a shark movie?!

I know.  I was referring to Rainn Wilson who played Mudd for a couple episodes of Star Trek Discovery.

Ahh....I haven't been following that show :)

(I wasn't angry or anything. It's hard to convey tone through text).

Shadowknight1

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 11, 2018, 02:43:10 PM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on April 11, 2018, 11:56:42 AM

Ahh....I haven't been following that show :)

(I wasn't angry or anything. It's hard to convey tone through text).
'salright!  I didn't think you were angry.  Just wasn't sure if you would be among some of those too die-hard Trek fans who want to hate on Discovery because it doesn't look like what they feel a "modern TOS" would look like and thus refuse to think it has any redeeming qualities.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Komodo

Quote from: Archosauria on April 11, 2018, 02:21:02 AM
Seems...interesting. In a campy B-movie sort of way. Looks like something Asylum would have made.
I've never read the novel, but I know that the animals in the book were, uh, less than accurate.

As a guy studying this critter, I can say the novels had science issues but not so much about the sharks, they were pretty generic and accurate in terms of size and description.

dragon53

THE MEG---new photo released of the Jason Statham movie based on the novel about a giant Megalodon shark.

dragon53

dragon53

paintingdinos

Going to resurrect this because I got to see an advanced screening... while floating on an inner tube and eating BBQ on a lake =P

Its about as bad as most people would have guessed, BUT its pretty obvious from early on the movie doesn't take itself very seriously. Its predictable and absurd and doesn't ask a lot from its audience, which honestly is fine by me. I'm completely pro-schlock when its presented as schlock.

There's also a neat shot early on where some other, possibly prehistoric fish are shown. I was too far from the screen to really make anything distinct out, but it'd be cool to see upon closer inspection if they picked some actual species to represent.

ITdactyl

I just want to know how much it deviated from the book, and if it showed any scene of the meg hunting whales.

dragon53

THE MEG---director Jon Turtletaub said bloody R-rated scenes were removed to give the movie a PG rating. Jason Statham said, "Jon's interpretation of this is a fun end of summer [movie]. It's full of humor. It's a little bit more directed to a different taste of what my own is in terms of I like more gory adult stuff. I'm a lot older but I can't speak for what this film could possibly speak to a younger audience. I might have made a film that not many people wanted to see. I'm not a filmmaker. I'm sort of an actor that's going to portray a role. I go there but I've learned not to get too attached to your own idea of what something could be."

Syndicate Bias

I'm watching it Saturday see if it's any good at all

ITdactyl

hmmm....

It seems the movie's getting a lot of positive vibes - in that it's classified as good schlock... to borrow words from a review, a "delightfully dumb movie" that's "enormous fun."

Saw it and liked what I saw.  Well, not "like" in the same category as Fallen Kingdom (I have a separate heart/brain segment for dinosaur film) but I didn't think it was a waste of $4 USD.  It is a "turn off your higher sapient brain functions" kind of movie, and yet not as cheezy as sharknado.

For a shark movie it didn't have as much tension as "The Shallows" - Definitely nowhere near the original "Jaws".  I felt more tension reading the book.

For those about to take the plunge (err, sorry)... enjoy the giggles.  To borrow another line, IMO it is the best dumb movie of the year (yet).

Papi-Anon

I was pleasantly entertained by this. Their explanation for how Meg's been unnoticed all this time was pretty clever (never read the book, will do so soon). I also enjoyed the humor sprinkled throughout the film.

Spoiler
My favorite part was when the big Megalodon finally dies and all the 'modern' sharks descend upon it to feed. Poetic justice!
[close]
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

mgaguilar

I have awesome news to share! There is a Meg figure in production! EDIT: OR RATHER, COMING BACK. PNSO! Thank you avatar_Andreioli @Andreioli

Don't know if this is a spoiler, but I just got word from a supplier that this figure will be released before September 30th!
If anyone is interested, let me know, and I can reserve one for you. It's estimated to be less than $80.

Andreioli

Quote from: mgaguilar on August 13, 2018, 09:10:30 AM
I have awesome news to share! There is a Meg figure in production!

Don't know if this is a spoiler, but I just got word from a supplier that this figure will be released before September 30th!
If anyone is interested, let me know, and I can reserve one for you. It's estimated to be less than $80.

I think that's actualy the old PNSO Megalodon.
It's great they're bringing it back into production.
It's an awesome figure.

mgaguilar

Quote from: Andreioli on August 13, 2018, 10:50:59 AM

It's an awesome figure.

Oh oops, please excuse my uncultured ways, haha.  ;)
Supplier stated that he was getting it in for the movie.
But yes, it will be produced and released soon, so yay! PNSO.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Syndicate Bias

Just saw it. Loved it, much better than I expected tbh. Some parts were a bit campy but this movie wasn't bad at all

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Andreioli on August 13, 2018, 10:50:59 AM

It's an awesome figure.

The Megalodon was already in stock at Amazon in the PNSO store a month ago. But it's sold out so I guess you're referring to them saying there will be more because I saw them go for sale again by PNSO and if you check their FB they did have a post about having some left which are gone now. They went for 60 dollars total. They go fast. I'll keep an eye on Amazon, I thought i relayed the news about the Megalodon being on sale again I guess not lol.

Takama

So i Saw this film last weekend, and all i will say is that i Liked it a LOT Better then Jurassic World:Fallen Kingdom

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: