News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

General discussion - public

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 11:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metallisuchus

"The Walking Dead" is good. I just wish there was less drama, more horror. Nonetheless, I'm happy we're only days away from the next season.

CityRaptor

Well, not into horror.

Also realized that I can't not name a Batrachotomus Conan, as Conan means "Little Wolf". You see, he was gonna named Conan since the Triassic prior to the rise of Dinosaurs can be compared to the Hyborian Age in some ways. There even was Cimmeria.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Jurassic Park has finally made its way into IMDb's Top 250. Of course that list is deeply flawed, but a little less so now that JP has gotten the recognition it ought to be up there.

Himmapaan

I didn't want to take Brontodocus' thread further off course, but felt I ought to defend myself.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 26, 2012, 10:09:47 AM
Quote from: Himmapaan on October 26, 2012, 08:26:47 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on October 26, 2012, 12:59:19 AM
According to your signature your retired aren't you? See what I did there?  ;)

Which is why you've never seen me call anyone out on their grammar here before now. But one's monsters get reawakened now and then. And it is Halloween, after all. >:D (Yes, I saw what you did, but I'll let it pass.  ;D)

(My apologies, Andre!)
I think you're being insensitive >:( Not everyone finds spelling easy, how do you know Takama isn't dyslexic or something like that?

Oh, yes. I'm renowned for my insensitivity, of course.  ;)

I actually am aware Nathan is dyslexic. One of my dearest friends is dyslexic, too. But I wasn't commenting on his spelling. Comprehension of verb tenses has nothing to do with spelling. Forget about reading or writing, when we're speaking alone, we're already employing it.

But this is a minor point. I made the observation in jest, and had hoped that it was understood as such. Gwangi was quite happy to play along with me. If I have upset Nathan, then I apologise to him, but I hope he understood my tone and intention.

People make sarcastic remarks, brazen jokes, and correct each other bluntly continually on this forum, just like elsewhere on the internet. I almost never venture into such territory, but when I make what I thought was an obviously light-hearted reproach (and even did so apologetically, if you recall my post), I did not quite expect it to be misunderstood or to be then branded as 'insensitive'. I hope those who know me well know better, at least.

Takama

Just so you all know, i took no offense from Niroot's post.

And was kinda playing along with my follow up

Quote from: Takama on October 26, 2012, 12:17:44 AM
Quote from: Himmapaan on October 25, 2012, 11:51:50 PM
Quote from: Takama on October 25, 2012, 09:19:44 PM
Ok here is a Qustion i always had when i seen the Brachio back in December 2011...
When you saw, Nathan. Saw;D :))

Forgive me, I am losing my mind at the moment and apparently also my restraint. Please just humour a grammatical tyrant.  :-[ :))

Thanks Chief of Grammar Police

Also, i will admit, my Grammar is Sloppy, but i am trying to work on it so i can get some more reviews on the Blog that don't require so much editing
by Doctor Admin.

DinoToyForum

A cheeky plug. For anyone interested in the museum where I work, you can like us on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nottingham-Natural-History-Museum/180714202065539

stoneage

I was going out to the garage the other night when I was almost thrown to the ground.  It felt like someone drove a truck through my house.  It turned out that a house blew up about a mile away.  Three houses were flattened and many more will have to be demolished.  All in all 80 homes were damaged.  Two people died and seven injured.  Fortunately I was spared.

http://news.yahoo.com/owner-furnace-may-behind-deadly-indiana-blast-170347412.html

postsaurischian

Oh my god! This is horrible ... a nightmare!

....... after all we can be happy that you live in a far enough distance to that 'Ground Zero'.

brontodocus

Oh dear! :( Good to know nothing more happened to you although I would have been shocked had I witnessed this.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Himmapaan

stoneage

About 30 homes were declared critical, which means they'll have to be bulldozed.  People are going to have to find somewhere else to live for some time until things can be fixed.   Some people have missing pets.  They estimate the damage at 3.6 million dollars.  Of course compared to what happen on the east coast of the US this is nothing.

Takama

How are your Dinosaurs, Are they Okay? :(

stoneage

Quote from: Takama on November 13, 2012, 01:05:53 AM
How are your Dinosaurs, Are they Okay? :(

Yes I believe so.  Nothing fell off my shelves.  I did hear that some people who lived farther away had pictures come off the wall.  I do have some boxes put away that I haven't looked at, but I doubt that there was any damage.

Takama

Im happy for you,

I mean that would be our worst Nihgtmare if mother nature decided to throw away a Collectors dedicated Collecting >:(

tyrantqueen

SBell

Quote from: Takama on November 13, 2012, 03:03:54 AM
Im happy for you,

I mean that would be our worst Nihgtmare if mother nature decided to throw away a Collectors dedicated Collecting >:(

I would think a worse nightmare might be having my home destroyed or the health of myself or my family compromised. Priorities, people! ;)

postsaurischian

Quote from: SBell on November 13, 2012, 04:13:15 AM
Priorities, people! ;)

That's right! To get worried about Dinosaur figures while people are dying sounds rather cynical.

Takama

Well Its a nightmare for me,   Of course in my town the thing we worry about is tornados and floods,

My Family does come first though, as well as my little Black buddy who is to0 precius to be slaughterd by Mother Natures un thankful Wrath.

It just Irks me to see that my joyful collcting can go to waste from mother nature, so i go after those two, but only the collectA because they used most of my money.

Call me Insane but thats how i feel

tyrantqueen

This is sorta random, but has anyone seen this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brLqiYj5lQw&feature=relmfu

The voice acting....oh God.

Seijun

Some idiot guy just tried to break his way through my front door. Scared me to death, whole door was shaking from him pounding away on it and trying to force the latch open, thought for sure it would break. He stopped and took off when I hit my window and yelled at him. I think he might have had the wrong apt, but I am worried about whoever's apartment he was intending to break into. He was trying to get in like he wanted to kill someone. Thank god I remembered to lock my door when I got home tonight. ugh.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: