News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

General discussion - public

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 11:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Gwangi on September 07, 2012, 12:42:52 AM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on September 05, 2012, 12:08:37 AM
Ah come on, it's gotta be better than "The Fast And The Furious".

Indeed. "Twilight" too. Or anything by Michael Bay. Also, "Battleship". There are a lot of really bad movies out there. Those that are intentionally bad (or so cheap they have no choice) are seldom as bad as those that aren't.

Honestly though, I watched "The Human Centipede" completely innocent. I saw it on Netflix instant watch and having no idea what it was about decided to watch it. I literally thought the movie would be about a human with a really long torso with many arms and legs. I was wrong but it really wasn't awful. The premise is disgusting sure but it is actually quite tame compared to some horror movies.

Oh God "Twilight" films are utterly laughable. I know Michael Bay's name but I cannot name anything by him without actually repeating what the rest of you already said

"Human Centipede" seems to be causing such an uproar due to the nature of the film, which doesn't shock me in the least. As a lifelong horror fan with an active imagination, I can honestly say I've come up with ideas just as vile as this on a regular basis.

The TMNT thing is as outlandish as the JPIV ideas we all laughed about. I agree that you can't mess with origins when it comes to stuff like this. I would love a semi-serious live action Turtles film where they stick to the legacy.

Regarding famous people, I've met so many I couldn't count them. It's not hard to meet them, though it's not like the ones I have met are as famous as Madonna, Ringo Starr, etc. either.

tyrantqueen

Twilight books sucked too. The whole franchise is pretty laughable to be honest :P

Gwangi

I can't get past the fact that a 100+ year old vampire still attends high school and falls in love with a 17 year old. I'm 28 and I don't want to hang out with high schoolers, I cannot imagine doing it when I'm over 100.

CityRaptor

Well, Vampires seem to have a thing for younger women.  I mean, just think about how much Dracula was older than Mina Harker...that and Edward is probably bad at school...very bad!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Metallisuchus

Just the idea of a 100+ year old vampire attending high school in America sounds hokey, as if it were some SNL-spawned comedy or something.

Gwangi

Quote from: Metallisuchus on September 19, 2012, 03:25:01 AM
Just the idea of a 100+ year old vampire attending high school in America sounds hokey, as if it were some SNL-spawned comedy or something.

Yup. Not quite the same thing as Dracula lusting after a young woman's blood. I should note however that I've never actually watched Twilight and I don't really intend to.

CityRaptor

Well, Dracula still lusts after young women. So did Angel in Buffy.

Also anyone else misses the time when Twilight was not associated with sparkly Vampires or purple Unicorns...or sparkling purple vampiric Unicorns.
Oh no

tyrantqueen

QuoteWell, Dracula still lusts after young women. So did Angel in Buffy.
Uh....Dracula is a straight up horror novel. Twilight is a (bad) romance novel with vampires thrown in.  I think you could take away the supernatural elements from Twilight and the story would still stand by itself. Yes Dracula is suave and able to seduce young women (at least when he gets his youth back) but it is only really for his own purposes.

Also regarding Edward Cullen

CityRaptor

Without the fantasy elements it would be about an abusive relationship. Atleast I read somewhere that it fits all criteria.

Oh no

radman

Ecchh!  So, in-between watching NFL games this Sunday, I occasionally switched over to the Discovery Channel, which apparently was airing a marathon of  their show "Yukon Men".  Just in the time I was watching there in between commercials from football action, I saw them: kill a wolf, track down and kill a hibernating bear, kill a trapped beaver, and kill a trapped lynx.  The  smaller animals were killed with clubbing, as to not ruin the skull and pelt.  FYI.

CityRaptor

Aside from the being a case of humans being the true monsters, wouldn't clubbing ruin the skull?
Oh no

tyrantqueen

I am thinking about getting the CollectA Concavenator, but I wanna know how big it is compared to other figures. Could someone post a comparison of it, with, say, a Carnegie or Papo figure?

I am not interested in the Carnegie Concavenator, and I want a depiction of this theropod for my collection.

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 01, 2012, 03:09:39 PM
I am thinking about getting the CollectA Concavenator, but I wanna know how big it is compared to other figures. Could someone post a comparison of it, with, say, a Carnegie or Papo figure?

I am not interested in the Carnegie Concavenator, and I want a depiction of this theropod for my collection.

Here is mine with some of my other theropods.

SBell

Why not just buy a CollectA Concavenator? It's very nice.

Takama

Its not that big of a figure. But i found it to be a good one
http://www.dinotoyblog.com/2011/06/10/concavenator-collecta/

Its also the very first figure that i ever reviewd

tyrantqueen

Thanks Gwangi for the photo. I'm a bit disappointed by the size to be honest, I wished it was bigger. Oh well.

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 01, 2012, 06:47:05 PM
Thanks Gwangi for the photo. I'm a bit disappointed by the size to be honest, I wished it was bigger. Oh well.

Yes, it is very small. I didn't even know how small it was until I received it. It has its flaws but it is a pretty good figure anyway. Personally I think the Carnegie model blows it out of the water though.

tyrantqueen

I've been watched SyFy's Paranormal Witness on telly lately. Fun to watch and scary. Although the acting in the reconstructions is a bit cheesy at times.
What have you guys been watching?

And Takama, since you're a fan of scary stuff, you might wanna check Paranormal Witness out, it would be right up your alley. Just don't watch it late at night ;)

Takama

Telivison wise. I have been watching Spongebob,   want to know why?   Its because of this

Gwangi

I've been watching "Breaking Bad", I'm currently on season five. I've also on season 2 of "Hell on Wheels", season 7 of "Dexter", season 7 of "Weeds" and looking forward to season 3 of "The Walking Dead" as well as season 3 of "Game of Thrones."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: