News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

General discussion - public

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 11:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fukuiraptor

That's horrible!  Take care everyone!

Quote from: Seijun on November 17, 2012, 09:02:04 AM
Some idiot guy just tried to break his way through my front door. Scared me to death, whole door was shaking from him pounding away on it and trying to force the latch open, thought for sure it would break. He stopped and took off when I hit my window and yelled at him. I think he might have had the wrong apt, but I am worried about whoever's apartment he was intending to break into. He was trying to get in like he wanted to kill someone. Thank god I remembered to lock my door when I got home tonight. ugh.

Jetoar

OH my God, Wath They have done  :o.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Himmapaan

Takama

Best have a Taser, Peper spray or a gun for self defense,    Otherwise you will have to sacrafice one of your biggest, and Heaveast dinosaurs to beat the crap out of him until cops arrive.

Did you call the cops about it

postsaurischian

Quote from: Takama on November 17, 2012, 04:13:54 PM
Best have a Taser, Peper spray or a gun for self defense .......

I was just going to write: One more reason for the U.S. Government to finally change the law and make it less easy for such idiots to get guns.
Then I saw Takama's comment.  Solution approaches can be as different as day and night :-\.
I'm glad that particular idiot didn't have a weapon on him and Pam wasn't hurt.

Seijun

I didnt call the cops, no. I dont think he was trying to break in to rob me. All my lights were on and robbers dont generally bang on the door first. He looked really shocked and a little confused when he saw me, and he had some girl with him. But he seemed to mean serious business with whoever he thought was supposed to be inside.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Himmapaan

Just replying to Stoneage here so that I don't take the 2013 figures thread off course. :)

Quote from: stoneage on November 19, 2012, 08:18:37 PM
Quote from: Himmapaan on November 19, 2012, 02:36:19 AM
Oh, dear. I'm afraid I actually burst out laughing aloud at the sight of the Schleich Styracosaurus, I'm so sorry. 

Good head on the Carnotaurus, but it requires transplanting. Now if we could only find a suitable body. As for the feet, well, clearly...

I didn't know you were familiar with Fats Waller.

I am indeed.  ^-^

stoneage

Quote from: Himmapaan on November 19, 2012, 08:24:46 PM
Just replying to Stoneage here so that I don't take the 2013 figures thread off course. :)

Quote from: stoneage on November 19, 2012, 08:18:37 PM
Quote from: Himmapaan on November 19, 2012, 02:36:19 AM
Oh, dear. I'm afraid I actually burst out laughing aloud at the sight of the Schleich Styracosaurus, I'm so sorry. 

Good head on the Carnotaurus, but it requires transplanting. Now if we could only find a suitable body. As for the feet, well, clearly...

I didn't know you were familiar with Fats Waller.

I am indeed.  ^-^

:)  How about Art Tatum?

Himmapaan

Quote from: stoneage on November 19, 2012, 09:49:25 PM

Fleetingly. I ought to remedy that. Ooh, just spotted a video of him playing Duke Ellington's Sophisticated Lady. Perfect.

stoneage

Quote from: Himmapaan on November 20, 2012, 12:10:10 AM
Quote from: stoneage on November 19, 2012, 09:49:25 PM

Fleetingly. I ought to remedy that. Ooh, just spotted a video of him playing Duke Ellington's Sophisticated Lady. Perfect.
Art Tatum was the greatest Jazz pianist ever.  He was blind.  Here he plays a song from the Grammy Hall Of Fame, Tiger Rag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib_3iZHIaqA

Himmapaan

Oh, yes, I know about his blindness. :) I haven't had the chance to listen to him as much as I should or would like to. I've just been enjoying his Willow Weep for Me, Someone to Watch Over Me and Stormy Weather. :)

stoneage

Quote from: Himmapaan on November 20, 2012, 03:36:41 AM
Oh, yes, I know about his blindness. :) I haven't had the chance to listen to him as much as I should or would like to. I've just been enjoying his Willow Weep for Me, Someone to Watch Over Me and Stormy Weather. :)

Well, while your at it listen to "Tea For Two".  My dad use to play this when I was a kid, but not quite like this.  He actually got to see Tatum play live once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxadblDT6zI

Himmapaan

Quote from: stoneage on November 22, 2012, 02:14:23 AM
My dad use to play this when I was a kid, but not quite like this.  He actually got to see Tatum play live once.

How wonderful! And I enjoyed that, thank you. :D

Iguanocolossus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 17, 2012, 05:02:29 AM
This is sorta random, but has anyone seen this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brLqiYj5lQw&feature=relmfu

The voice acting....oh God.

That...was frightening

To quote Doug Walker-"THIS IS THE LAND BEFORE TIME ON CRYSTAL METH! This is not normal, THIS IS NOT NORMAL!"

tyrantqueen

QuoteThat...was frightening

To quote Doug Walker-"THIS IS THE LAND BEFORE TIME ON CRYSTAL METH! This is not normal, THIS IS NOT NORMAL!"
The Nostalgia Critic reviewed this? Interesting! Although, I confess I am not really a big fan of his, and I prefer the AVGN.

Iguanocolossus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 22, 2012, 07:27:10 PM
QuoteThat...was frightening

The Nostalgia Critic reviewed this? Interesting! Although, I confess I am not really a big fan of his, and I prefer the AVGN.

Actually, that was from his "We're Back" review. I think it's my favorite-his Hunter S Thompson impression is hilarious

Takama

What the heck is This? It looks like a non interactive PS2 Game

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on November 23, 2012, 07:04:46 PM
What the heck is This? It looks like a non interactive PS2 Game
Pretty much, yeah, you get a horrid movie, and some dumb sliding puzzles and a "colouring book". I'm surprised that such terrible "games" managed to get a license.

Actually, I think Animal Soccer World is even worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBdvkjK92-Y

Watch at your peril :-X

Gwangi

Exposing children to either of those is nothing short of child abuse.

mmfrankford

Just figuring out my iPad and adding pics. Just a test folks, carry on.  ;D

ROFL Those are so bad, they make me think of South Park for some reason.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: