News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

General discussion - public

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 11:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

re Cityraptor's post-
they are in the same league with the flat-earthers

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Bit of a random topic, but I was browsing eBay recently and came across this figure

It made me laugh because it seems to be just a dragon head from another sculpt slapped onto a human body.

Reptilia

I believe it's a Papo figure, but I don't know if it's a proper one or someone just did what you say combining a human figurine with a dragon's head. Either way I agree that looks hilarious.

CityRaptor

It's Papo's Dragon Man. Not to be confused with the Dragon Mutant.

I don't know if his name is Trogdor and if he burninates, but I know that he shares the same body mold with several other Papos.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Nanuqsaurus

It's like The Elder Scrolls' Argonians gone wrong.

tyrantqueen

I think the dragon head comes from their two headed dragon

It is an authentic Papo, because I have seen numerous copies of it for sale on eBay.

If I was a collector of this sort of thing, I would buy it because of how silly it is.

CityRaptor

I'm not sure it is the same head, but clearly a very similar one. I like to imagine that the Dragon Man was someone who was cursed to be a guy with a stupidly big dragon head. If he was a man or a dragon before is up for your imagination.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Loon

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 04, 2017, 02:50:27 PM
I don't know if his name is Trogdor and if he burninates
Or if he was a man, I mean he was a dragon man, or maybe he was just a dragon.

Soopairik

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Soopairik

BlueKrono

Quote from: Soopairik on December 07, 2017, 11:33:05 PM
How is everyone doing?

In the past week I lost my job, my brother got robbed and we found out my dad won't be able to have surgery for his cancer. So it has not been the best week.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

MoarCrossovers

Did you know Troodon is no longer considered a valid genus?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: BlueKrono on December 09, 2017, 01:09:23 AM
How is everyone doing?

In the past week I lost my job, my brother got robbed and we found out my dad won't be able to have surgery for his cancer. So it has not been the best week.

Crikey, that's an understatement. Sorry to hear that.  :(

IrritatorRaji

How is everyone doing?

50 / 50. Having physical health issues but my mental health has been getting better ^^

Jose S.M.

How is everyone doing?

That's very hard, I wish you better times and lots of strength to help you pass this difficulties, I hope things turn for the better soon for you

tyrantqueen

Tylosaurus

How is everyone doing?

Hmm you're not alone man, I can relate in similar ways sadly.
My father also can't be cured from a rare bone marrow cancer, I also am incurable as my painful chronic variant of Sarcoidosis goes, resulting in heavy arthritis like pain attacks on a daily basis.
Even tho we try to make each and every day count, please do the same man, it's worth it, stay strong bud

BlueKrono

Quote from: Tylosaurus Rev.A2 on April 13, 2018, 08:46:44 AM
How is everyone doing?

Hmm you're not alone man, I can relate in similar ways sadly.
My father also can't be cured from a rare bone marrow cancer, I also am incurable as my painful chronic variant of Sarcoidosis goes, resulting in heavy arthritis like pain attacks on a daily basis.
Even tho we try to make each and every day count, please do the same man, it's worth it, stay strong bud

You too man. That sounds really tough to deal with. Wishing you strength with your struggles.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Libraraptor

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: