News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

General discussion - public

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 11:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tylosaurus

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 13, 2018, 01:11:21 PM
Quote from: Tylosaurus Rev.A2 on April 13, 2018, 08:46:44 AM
Quote from: BlueKrono on December 09, 2017, 01:09:23 AM
Quote from: Soopairik on December 07, 2017, 11:33:05 PM
How is everyone doing?

In the past week I lost my job, my brother got robbed and we found out my dad won't be able to have surgery for his cancer. So it has not been the best week.

Hmm you're not alone man, I can relate in similar ways sadly.
My father also can't be cured from a rare bone marrow cancer, I also am incurable as my painful chronic variant of Sarcoidosis goes, resulting in heavy arthritis like pain attacks on a daily basis.
Even tho we try to make each and every day count, please do the same man, it's worth it, stay strong bud

You too man. That sounds really tough to deal with. Wishing you strength with your struggles.
Thanks old friend, we just try to make each day count and do as if life is normal.
It's better than seeing  only such things from negatives ends, a positive motive can really be helpful.

DinoToyForum

While searching for a good picture of the Bullyland Plateosaurus (version 2) I realised there's no 'prosauropods' topic in the dinosaur groups section! Seems like a lamentable omission. I don't have enough figures to rectify this. Would anyone like to step forward?  O:-)

Halichoeres

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 17, 2018, 07:06:48 PM
While searching for a good picture of the Bullyland Plateosaurus (version 2) I realised there's no 'prosauropods' topic in the dinosaur groups section! Seems like a lamentable omission. I don't have enough figures to rectify this. Would anyone like to step forward?  O:-)

It's a good idea, but I don't think I have enough either. I only have 4 and only 3 are any good. This sounds like a job for B @Bokisaurus
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dilopho

I've just realised that this conceptual art for Jurassic Park by William Stout is probably where Kenner got their weird Triceratops design

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Ivysaur on August 06, 2018, 09:05:56 PM
Is HTTPS in the working for this website. Since this website is hosted in the USA, I think HTTPS is a good thing to have.  ::)

Yes, I've spoken with my hosts about this, working towards it. Not just a switch I can flip, unfortunately. It isn't really a concern for security as we are not a retail site, so you aren't typing credit card details into dinotoyblog.com or anything. But I do want to avoid the warning messages some browsers generate because I'm sure they scare some people away who don't understand what the message means.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Ivysaur on August 06, 2018, 09:41:29 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 06, 2018, 09:15:57 PM
Quote from: Ivysaur on August 06, 2018, 09:05:56 PM
Is HTTPS in the working for this website. Since this website is hosted in the USA, I think HTTPS is a good thing to have.  ::)

Yes, I've spoken with my hosts about this, working towards it. Not just a switch I can flip, unfortunately. It isn't really a concern for security as we are not a retail site, so you aren't typing credit card details into dinotoyblog.com or anything. But I do want to avoid the warning messages some browsers generate because I'm sure they scare some people away who don't understand what the message means.

Awesome. And the passwords, usernames and such are protected by MD5 or anything like that?

SHA1, I believe. Whatever encryption comes with the forum software.

DinoObsessed

How much would original land before time production animation cells go for? I have one with cera on top of sharp tooth, adult long neck and a few others.

IrritatorRaji

DinoObsessed

I took some dinosaurs to the consignment shop/ thrift store i felt bad the kids didn't have any toy dinosaurs to buy just junky toys.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Ravonium

Just found out that my little brother knows what a Wiwaxia is.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ravonium on April 11, 2019, 08:55:23 AM
Just found out that my little brother knows what a Wiwaxia is.

What excellent news!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Ravonium

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 12, 2019, 03:09:50 PM
What excellent news!

Yes, if only this wasn't a coincidence (although even as a coincidence, it is still interesting that it occurred in the first place).

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ravonium on April 12, 2019, 03:24:32 PM
What excellent news!

Yes, if only this wasn't a coincidence (although even as a coincidence, it is still interesting that it occurred in the first place).

Ha ha, so what was he actually going for? Maybe nothing in particular?

Ravonium

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 15, 2019, 07:32:05 PM
Quote from: Ravonium on April 12, 2019, 03:24:32 PM
What excellent news!

Ha ha, so what was he actually going for? Maybe nothing in particular?

I can't even tell...(and even when his drawings are cryptic, I still usually figure them out in a few minutes)

DinoObsessed

I got thrown into the mental hospital for 6 months to a year. :'( Im on conservatorship and i am drugged up heavily.
Still in the mental hospital ive been doing dinosaur related drawings and research( also reading the bible). I purchased many dinosaur related items.

Libraraptor

Anyone interested in talking a little Star Wars here? I find the discussions within the fandom are really embittered and escalated. There are people seriously screaming traitor at each other. Is anyone here interested in factual exchange?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 05, 2020, 12:21:57 PM
Anyone interested in talking a little Star Wars here? I find the discussions within the fandom are really embittered and escalated. There are people seriously screaming traitor at each other. Is anyone here interested in factual exchange?

Sure. I'm sure there have been Star Wars movie threads posted in the general section before.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Avian

Saw TROS yesterday, I have mixed feelings.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: