News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2017 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, July 21, 2016, 12:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Quote from: Concavenator on July 22, 2016, 01:20:46 PM
I think it's very likely that Safari will relase a Deinocheirus and/or Qianzhousaurus next year.Of course I could be weong but I bet for it will happen

I rather see them make a more generic ornithomime first like Struthimimus or Gallamimus.  Deinochirus is great. but if it sells poorly, the chances of getting a proper ornithomime would be quashed and i really want them to make a Struthimimus or Galamimus

Kovu

Wouldn't it make more sense for them to make Deinocheirus, a more... fantastical, member of the family as a way to segue into more generic members?

Takama

Quote from: Kovu on July 26, 2016, 03:04:35 AM
Wouldn't it make more sense for them to make Deinocheirus, a more... fantastical, member of the family as a way to segue into more generic members?

Thing is If it sells poorly what are the odds of the Generic ones ever getting made? I have more interest in the generic ones then the Fantastical one.   Of course would it be asking too much for them to release both of them in the same year. But then again, Safari Releases Two very different tyrannosaurus in 2011

Concavenator

Quote from: Takama on July 26, 2016, 03:10:03 AM

Thing is If it sells poorly what are the odds of the Generic ones ever getting made? I have more interest in the generic ones then the Fantastical one.   Of course would it be asking too much for them to release both of them in the same year. But then again, Safari Releases Two very different tyrannosaurus in 2011
It wouldn't sell bad at all.Indeed,I think it would be a great seller due to the fact it's been requested a lot and also because of his truly unusual look.

Arul

emm i hope we can get more "teeth" lol

Takama

Quote from: Concavenator on July 26, 2016, 09:44:28 AM
Quote from: Takama on July 26, 2016, 03:10:03 AM

It wouldn't sell bad at all.Indeed,I think it would be a great seller due to the fact it's been requested a lot and also because of his truly unusual look.

Safaris Kentrosaurus was requested alot and it lasted only three years before hitting the retirement home.

Zhuchengotyrant

CollectA:
New 1:40 Olorotitan
1:40 Shantungosaurus
Balaur
Xenotarspsaurus

Safari:
Antarctopelta
Anchiceratops
Altirhinus or Rhinorex
Tarbosaurus
-Zhuchengotyrant

Halichoeres

I want everybody's wishes to get made, and let me add these. I don't care who makes them as long as they're made well. A lot of fish and Mesozoic mammals on the list:

Agilidocodon
Aspidorhynchus
Atopodentatus
Cabonnichthys
Canowindra
Carnufex
Cartorhynchus
Castorocauda
Cronopio
Cumbaaichthys
Docofossor
Enchodus
Gooloogongia
Haldanodon
Mandageria
Palaeophis
Remigolepis
Rhacolepis
Rhinconichthys
Shankouclava
Soederberghia
Tianyulong
Volaticotherium
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jetoar

Really good choise.

I think I would make some of these  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

AcroSauroTaurus

I'll be having an Enchodus in my figure line. (as you already saw  ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

sauroid

H&D additions (basically well-known genus/species):
any of the lauded brands:
Edaphosaurus (any brand except Schleich and Mojo)
Axelrodichthys
Xenacanthus
Diplocaulus
Deinonychus
Styracosaurus (update from CollectA and Wild Safari)
Gigantoraptor (update frm CollectA and new sculpts from Papo and WS)

Papo:
Pentaceratops or Chasmosaurus
Diplodocus or Brontosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus
Ceratosaurus
colorful and feathered Oviraptor

CollectA:
Smilodon (update)
wooly rhino
Glyptodon
Arsinoitherium
Elasmotherium
Uintatherium
Megatherium
Dilophosaurus update
Allosaurus update
Oviraptor update
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

Sauroid, CollectA did a Smilodon update last year and an Arsinoitherium in 2014.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

sauroid

Quote from: suspsy on August 02, 2016, 11:51:46 AM
Sauroid, CollectA did a Smilodon update last year and an Arsinoitherium in 2014.
yup it was supposed to be a Schleich Smilodon update and completely forgot about the awkward looking CollectA Arsinoitherium.  ;)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on August 02, 2016, 06:25:29 AM

I saw that production was on hiatus, yes? Hope that kicks back into gear at some point!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

laticauda

Ok, here what I would like to see, though I recognize that I'll be lucky if one of these gets made.   As to which company that makes them, I do not care as long as they don't screw it up.

1. American Mastodon.  I Really really want one.
2. Astrodon
3. Appalachiosaurus
4. Cryonectes
5. Dinogorgon
6. Eotrachodon
7. Heterodontosaurus.  Might be too small
8. Rapenomamus
9. Propanoplosaurus
10. Zephyrosaurus
11. Livyatan Melviiei
12. Shantungosaurus
13. Anurognathus
14. Ulemosaurus
15. Ceresiosaurus

Halichoeres

Quote from: laticauda on August 03, 2016, 03:59:57 AM
Ok, here what I would like to see, though I recognize that I'll be lucky if one of these gets made.   As to which company that makes them, I do not care as long as they don't screw it up.

1. American Mastodon.  I Really really want one.
2. Astrodon
3. Appalachiosaurus
4. Cryonectes
5. Dinogorgon
6. Eotrachodon
7. Heterodontosaurus.  Might be too small
8. Rapenomamus
9. Propanoplosaurus
10. Zephyrosaurus
11. Livyatan Melviiei
12. Shantungosaurus
13. Anurognathus
14. Ulemosaurus
15. Ceresiosaurus

That's a great list, especially Heterodontosaurus!

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 02, 2016, 09:53:02 PM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on August 02, 2016, 06:25:29 AM

I saw that production was on hiatus, yes? Hope that kicks back into gear at some point!

Yah, I just need to find someone able to do the mold making/casting, thats all. So not much of a setback. I have the sculpts for the Sauroposeidon carcass, Ceratonykus, and Enchodus done, Gigantspinosaurus just needs scale details, and the Acro needs an armature before I can do the body sculpt. But I'm hoping to get molds made for the currently finished sculpts once I find someone to do that.
I am the Dinosaur King!

sauroid

a Columbian mammoth from CollectA would be nice too.

PaleoMatt

Echinodon, Dracoraptor, Chilesaurus and some nice big sauropods.

laticauda

Quote from: sauroid on August 03, 2016, 07:32:41 AM
a Columbian mammoth from CollectA would be nice too.
I would prefer a Mastodon, but as long as it is not another Woolly Mammoth, its cool. 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: