News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM

Started by dragon53, August 10, 2016, 06:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

The only movies I've been hyped for in the last two decades were "Jurassic World" and "It", and now comes this one. Six months to go, it will be painful.

Loon

Quote from: suspsy on December 08, 2017, 02:17:46 AM
And the dinosaurs are as boring and ugly as ever. Lame.
Yeah, the dinosaurs look particularly bland, the overly shiny cg plus the color schemes makes all the dinosaurs look like particularly uninspired amphibians(they said they're using bird dna now, there is no room for that "they were using toads" nonsense).

Also, a few things. In the shot of the abandoned storefront, you can very clearly see a few loose JW toys and a scheich Giganotosaurus, and I thought the Indominus was the worst thing Jurassic World tried to sell... Also, what was that small theropod that came near the gyrosphere, an allosaur or some type? That nodosaur(?) skeleton at the beginning, what species was that? Also, Jeff Goldblum sounded really weird in this.

Rain

Loon

I can't tell if it has pronated hands, but otherwise the carnotaurus looks strangely decent, especially in comparison to the crocodu...Baryonyx.

Reptilia

These guys got to have pronated hands! Gosh it's JP!

Rain

Quote from: Loon on December 08, 2017, 02:31:33 AM
I can't tell if it has pronated hands, but otherwise the carnotaurus looks strangely decent, especially in comparison to the crocodu...Baryonyx.

I thought so too, I couldnt see much wrong with it other than the snout (?) maybe being a bit too wide.

Also, the the head of the Allosaurus looks a lot like the Papo one, if it had lips.

Reptilia

Where's the Allosaurus?

Loon

Quote from: Rain on December 08, 2017, 02:37:18 AM
Quote from: Loon on December 08, 2017, 02:31:33 AM

I thought so too, I couldnt see much wrong with it other than the snout (?) maybe being a bit too wide.

Also, the the head of the Allosaurus looks a lot like the Papo one, if it had lips.
Is it some sort of message? The decently accurate and colorful Carnotaurus appears briefly only to be murdered by an inaccurate and dull behemoth. Is it some kind of symbolic gesture made by that crybaby Trevorrow?

Reptilia

Must be an Illuminati featuring Rebor kind of conspiracy instead, awesomebro dinos rule.

laticauda

The only really good story in the JP franchise was the original JP.  I actually hated that movie after my first viewing because I kept comparing it to the book.  Every JP sequel has not come close to the original because they just tried to capitalize on the word dinosaur.  Big crashes, explosions, and Dinosaurs is what they are selling.  With just a little vision and some good storytelling they could had an amazing franchise of dinosaur movies. Instead the story has been weak.  Even with all those issues I have to make a confession.   If I am honest with myself, I have enjoyed everyone of the JP movies.  Do I think they all could have been made better, with out a doubt, but I still enjoy them as  fun, not take it seriously popcorn flicks.   This new JW movie looks like the same mold. I am not saying this movie is going be good, but there is a chance I'll enjoy it.

What the Jurassic Park franchise needs.....is to go extinct.  It needs a fresh perspective because I think there are many original ideas out there  that could be done but they are trying too hard to recapture the magic of the original.  One trend the studios tend to do  in a movie franchises is to copy from a successful film and just add some new visuals.  (Looking at you Star Wars).  Studios are afraid to go out on a limb and really take a chance on a new story.  Let the new JW come. I am not afraid it will be good or bad. I look forward to it as a family outing with my kids and I'll judge the movie for what it is. 

stargatedalek

Rex now looks like it should, Rexy in JW looked really weird and unnaturally thin. +10

Gallimimus also looks like it should have before. +10

Trike and Anky actually seem to be improved a little bit, old designs were still better overall, but there is a noticeable improvement since JW. +10 for the pair.

Compys design is untouched. Heartily biased +30 (should be +10)

Baryonyx doesn't look that good to me, nothing in particular wrong with it, it's just kind of boring. -5

Allo also looks kind of boring, and weirdly similar to the Papo one actually (not that the irony of that is lost on me). -5 again for lost potential, both of these could have easily been so much better than they are with just some more colour.

Pteranodon looks the same to me, some people are saying it looks thicker but I don't see it. Wasn't expecting that to actually change, but still -5.

The large herbivores bounce around like they're made of jello, reminiscent of King Kong indeed. -5

The Carnotaurus looks very cool I won't deny, but its design still doesn't feel stylistically consistent with the original designs. Only a +5

Brachiosaurus what have they done to you?! -10

Is that improved cinematography I spy?! Only minimal use of those aerial drone shots that JW spammed at us and some proper ground level shots? +10

New ceratopsian (Centrosaurus?) looks really plain and bland, if it's not going to be noticeable or good looking why even add it? -10

Trailer gets a +40 from me. Whatever that means. :P

Simon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 08, 2017, 02:03:02 AM
Quote from: Reptilia on December 08, 2017, 01:58:52 AM
Where we can see it?

https://youtu.be/vn9mMeWcgoM

OK.  I'll admit it.  That trailer was pretty dope.  ;D ;D ;D - or.. I guess my generation would say ... "cool"?  ;)

Dinosaur (in)accuracies aside, it looked pretty exciting.  This is the first that I got a glimpse of the plot.

Its all been done before (of course). But it still looks like it might be fun to watch.  Lots of dinosaurs.  Always good.

I take back what I said upthread. I'm back on the fence.  8)

Appalachiosaurus

YYYYYEEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!! I'M HYPED MAN!!!!

God I love this so much, udderly fantastic. Disappointing that the romance that JW dedicated so much time to failed (i'm getting JP3 cucked Alan vibes) and the fact that they only used footage from the first half of the film makes the story seem smaller, but this is a really well done trailer!

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 08, 2017, 03:03:08 AM
Brachiosaurus what have they done to you?! -10

I actually think it's an improvement over the impossibly skinny necked Brachiosaurus from JP3.

alexeratops

Apparently, the director said that everything from this trailer takes place in the first half of the movie, so never fear, there wasn't too much spoiling. The carno looks awesome, the Baryonyx looks better from a side angle but we'll have to see. I'm glad the Brachiosaurus is back, but the thought of large sauropods like the apatosaurs falling off a cliff saddens me.  :(
like a bantha!

Jose S.M.

I think the Bachio looks better than the JP3 ones, but not as good as the first one design wise. Also, where did the Brachiosaurus, Carnotaurus and new ceratopsian came from, they weren't in the park's  list last time. And where are the Parasaurolophus?

Blade-of-the-Moon

All in all it looks pretty good for scene 1 of act 2.  I'll be there to see it!

zatrex99

At it's worse, Jurassic World was a an excellent monster movie, but I think there were four things that really stood out to me, that made me love it more than the original Jurassic Park. You got to see the wonderment of the park actually being open. The park would better than Disney World for me. I also liked the relationship Owens had with his raptors. For once they weren't just monsters killing humans, though they do go crazy there in that one scene.

I also thought Pratt and Howards had better screen chemistry than anyone else in the franchise with the exception of Grant and the kids in JP1.
four, Apatosaurs, Apatosurs, Apatosaurs...
(though why do they have get killed?)

Yes, I'm excited about this movie, though the trailer makes wonder if they get any dinosausr off the island. They at least have to save the original rex, and Blue and her baby.

I know it's a cheesburger movie, more monster flick than about dinosaurs, but it is still one of my favorite movie franchises.

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on December 08, 2017, 04:36:52 AM
I think the Bachio looks better than the JP3 ones, but not as good as the first one design wise. Also, where did the Brachiosaurus, Carnotaurus and new ceratopsian came from, they weren't in the park's  list last time. And where are the Parasaurolophus?

Brachiosaurus was mentioned on the website as a new attraction and you could hear them in the background during the bungalow scene, Carnotaurus was mentioned as being part of he Indominus genome (probably not ready for display by 2015 though), the Centrosaur...uhh... well there were a lot of dinos in TLW that weren't seen in JP so there can be some discrepancies.

Loon

Where is this centrosaur everyone's talking about? Only ceratopsian I see is Triceratops.

Arioch

I gotta admit the Carnotaurus looks way better than I expected, by JW standards. Sadly the animations for all the large animals still look very unnatural and well, overly animated which is the very thing the old movies did better. As shlocky and badly written as it was, JW was undoubtely way more entertaining as a popcorn summer flick than 2 and 3 to me.

Also what on Earth is going on with Rexy's neck while its roaring?? it's clearly cgi but looks like the kind of weird deformity it would happen with a rubber toy when you bend it too much.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: