News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM

Started by dragon53, August 10, 2016, 06:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on December 08, 2017, 04:48:05 AM
Quote from: Jose_S.M. on December 08, 2017, 04:36:52 AM
I think the Bachio looks better than the JP3 ones, but not as good as the first one design wise. Also, where did the Brachiosaurus, Carnotaurus and new ceratopsian came from, they weren't in the park's  list last time. And where are the Parasaurolophus?

Brachiosaurus was mentioned on the website as a new attraction and you could hear them in the background during the bungalow scene, Carnotaurus was mentioned as being part of he Indominus genome (probably not ready for display by 2015 though), the Centrosaur...uhh... well there were a lot of dinos in TLW that weren't seen in JP so there can be some discrepancies.

That makes sense, that some were upcoming attractions. But the Paras are still missing, I don't think Indominus killed them all, I hope not.

Loon

Some real firsts in this trailer! The first feathered non-avian dinosaur in the Jurassic franchise is spotted in this trailer.

On the right hand side, behind the large Rex, it's

the schleich Utahraptor...
...how fitting...

zatrex99

Quote from: Loon on December 08, 2017, 04:58:59 AM
Some real firsts in this trailer! The first feathered non-avian dinosaur in the Jurassic franchise is spotted in this trailer.

...how fitting...

That's the Schleich Giganotosaurus on the far right I think.

ZoPteryx

T. rex killing another predator while roaring triumphantly as a volcano explodes in the background?  Surely with the addition of some lasers we could reach maximum awesomebro!

Faelrin

So my thoughts on the dinosaurs so far: I'm glad to see more Rexy so soon this time around, just doing what she does best I guess. I really do like the Carnotaurus from what I'm seeing of it. The head might not be perfect, but it's not too wide either like the ones from the Disney Dinosaur films. I hope there's more to see of it in the time to come. I like the coloration from what I'm seeing on it. I really hope this one gets a toy at least. Already said my thoughts on the Baryonyx. Could be better, but sort of consistent with the other dinosaurs in the film and franchise over all. I'm really glad the Brachiosaurus is back, as well as the compies. I'm wondering where the Parasaurolophus is, as well as the Dimorphodons, but it's possible they might not be present in the trailer this early, or they could be elsewhere on the island. I'm also wondering if the other new theropod is Allosaurus or Metriacanthosaurus. I'm glad the other herbivores like the Apatosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Gallimimus, Stegosaurus, and Triceratops are present. I wonder if the Pachycephalosaurus and Dilophosaurus will be seen at all too. Of course Blue is back as well. I wonder how that will go. I wonder if I forgot or missed anything. This film could easily have the most creatures of any Jurassic film this far. Edit: I did miss something. Apparently there's a Styracosaurus or something similar in the water scene.

My thoughts on the trailer itself: Well it does seem a like a lot of dinosaurs (and pterosaurs) are going to be dying in this, what with that volcanic eruption being as dire as it is. Kind of heart breaking to see them suffer so, but it is what it is. Though I honestly can't see how Owen will survive that pyroclastic flow, but he probably will somehow for plot reasons. Just think of how the people died at Pompeii. This is by far looking to being darker then all the other Jurassic films, except maybe The Lost World, but maybe this will surpass that. The cameo with Jeff Goldblum seems interesting too. At the very least I will be seeing this movie in the theater.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

Quote from: zatrex99 on December 08, 2017, 05:17:07 AM

...how fitting...

That's the Schleich Giganotosaurus on the far right I think.
Just to left of the Giganotosaurus, on the stand.

Albertosaurus

Quote from: ZoPteryx on December 08, 2017, 05:32:32 AM
T. rex killing another predator while roaring triumphantly as a volcano explodes in the background?  Surely with the addition of some lasers we could reach maximum awesomebro!
You haven't seen the original JP from 1993 ending, right?.....

hao_bao

Lol these films can't even keep their internal consistency together. The Lost World website http://uk.jurassicworldintl.com/ displays all the dinos held by the park (including those not seen in the film) and Carnotaurus isn't one of them.

Dilopho

AAAA I'm sorry for being away for so long but I had to check in for this!!

Oh my goodness!! This is so cool!! The Carnotaurus!! The T. rex!! The volcano!! EEE!!!!

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Dilopho on December 08, 2017, 12:51:36 PM
AAAA I'm sorry for being away for so long but I had to check in for this!!

Oh my goodness!! This is so cool!! The Carnotaurus!! The T. rex!! The volcano!! EEE!!!!

HAHAHA, welcome back Dilopho,nice you enjoyed the trailer, hopefully Carnotaurus has more scenes, they can't bring it just to kill it!

Flaffy

This trailer showed waaaay too much. They shouldn't have show what is presumably the climax of the first act, the entire volcano scene.

First off what the hell happened to brachiosaurus's call? Sounds like a cow being euthanised. Why didn't they just go for the iconic original JP high pitched one?

All suspense in that should be present in Carnotaurus-gyrosphere scene is ruined.
Not impressed with the deus rex machina, it was really unnecessary. When you think about it, how did Rexy even manage to sneak up on Carno in an open plain? Pure luck? Or just Chris Pratt's invisible yet magical plot armour?

Bary is ugly as always, that god awful Metricanthosaurus/Allosaurus is trying really hard to take that title from Bary.

As for the Indoraptor... I can't see or expect the producers to put in any sort of effort in creating an interesting design. It's most likely going to be the same boring old Indominus, but small and with a shiny new colouration.

Welp, that's the first half of the movie spoilt, I guess we still have the Lockhart mansion scenes to look out for...

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: Loon on December 08, 2017, 04:50:04 AM
Where is this centrosaur everyone's talking about? Only ceratopsian I see is Triceratops.

...how fitting...

Actually, there was one feathered raptor poster on the walls of the Gift Shop:

All the way to the left.

Patrx

Oof, this trailer.
They really need to make a decision about these creatures as to whether they're meant to be dinosaurs or mutants. If the writers want to rely on the genetic manipulation angle in order to immunize the monster designs against criticism, they can do that. It's lazy and inconsistent, but it's still technically functional screenwriting. But, if they want to go with that, they can't also bring in Malcolm's perspective from the first movie, where the creatures were dinosaurs. All that "they were here before us ... life finds a way" stuff doesn't work anymore if the movie is full of theme-park monsters.

hao_bao

Do people seriously think the casual viewer (who these films are made for) is going to even know the names of any of these dinosaurs beyond T-Rex, let alone notice their inaccuracies? The Jurassic Park franchise is now almost wholly responsible for the image of dinosaurs in the cultural imagination, and will likely continue to dominate that in decades to come. This reminds me of being at school in 1993 and the dino nerds complaining about Deinonychus being presented as a Velociraptor. My main gripe from Jurassic World was the pterasaurs being able to lift humans. Absolutely ridiculous.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: hao_bao on December 08, 2017, 03:55:43 PM
Do people seriously think the casual viewer (who these films are made for) is going to even know the names of any of these dinosaurs beyond T-Rex, let alone notice their inaccuracies?
My main gripe from Jurassic World was the pterasaurs being able to lift humans. Absolutely ridiculous.

My brother showed me some YouTube videos of people reacting to the trailer and almost no one knew about Baryonyx, surprisingly despite being in the Disney Dinosaur movie, lots of people didn't knew about Carnotaurus either, some even called a new hybrid.

Also the pterosaurs, their design and their attack scene was one of the worst think in JW.

dragon53

Blade-of-the-Moon

Loved the scene with the Compy, lol best part now all those toys are now "movie props".

I also think  the brachiosaur's call is temporary ..and also a caribou?

Loon

Quote from: Albertosaurus on December 08, 2017, 07:03:41 AM
You haven't seen the original JP from 1993 ending, right?.....
I said non-avian dinosaurs, the pelicans don't count.

DerbesSchuhwerk

The scene with the drowning dinosaurs, reminded me of a drawing by Douglas Henderson.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 08, 2017, 05:19:09 PM
Loved the scene with the Compy, lol best part now all those toys are now "movie props".

I also think  the brachiosaur's call is temporary ..and also a caribou?

Can anyone identify which figures they are? I was doing that with the last one with the figures on that guy's desk.

Derbes - This pic looks like it had to be the basis for Safari's toob Elasmosaurus!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: