News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM

Started by dragon53, August 10, 2016, 06:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Mini Minmi

Hahahaha that was awesome, thanks for sharing. Poor Owen being called the most cowardly man ever. :p

Reptilia

Love the Carnotaurus vs Sinoceratops scene! And the fact that a film about (fictional) dinosaurs is full of (fictional) dinosaurs sounds just right to me. I like how the new trilogy seem to feature dinosaurs more prominently than the original one did.

paintingdinos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjaqlICVa1w

New featurette on the animatronics, with a (possible?) spoiler about the Indoraptor's physical state in the film.

Dilopho

Yesss, let's hope that every new dinosaur gets a small scene to themselves! This is exciting!
I already love the Indoraptor.

Reptilia

I don't usually follow the hype building up around a movie before its release, but is it normal to have so many bits revealed scattered across multiple trailers and featurettes? Or maybe it's like that because this is quite a big movie?

Faelrin

It's exactly what Universal did with JW back then. Its become normal to put spoilers in trailers and clips these days. It might be to generate hype, but I do wish some scenes where left as surprises for the film.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

I was thinking, since JWFK's release date is edging closer and closer.
Would JWFK be better suited to IMAX or DOLBY?

dragon53

Blade-of-the-Moon

lacking an IMAX theater within 4 hours drive of me I guess I'll see it on the largest regular screen possible.  lol

MLMjp

A little bit late to comment this but last week´s Monday was the premiere of the movie in Madrid, Spain. (My city and country! ;D) Unfortunately I could not attend it but, yeah, the movie has already been shown to the public.

J.A.Bayona, Chris Pratt, Bryce Dalas Howard and Colin Trevorrow were there.
Here a video of the premiere by a Spanish youtube who is also a Paleontologist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-O1rteuCo0

You probably will not understand anything but I think the images speak for themselves.
Before the movie was shown J.A.Bayona asked the audience not to spoil the movie.

And thus, Spanish viewers have already shared their thoughts about the film via twitter and youtube, but without Spoilers. And it seem that most of them like it.  Almost everybody has praised Bayona for his work on this movie, they also talk about how the opening sequence is the best of every jurassic park movie and how the film goes in a different direction, like one trailer said, the island....all of that is in the past.

While is great that the first reactions of the movie are positive and my hype has inevitably increased, one thing that I have learned is that the first reactions for anticipated movies like this are always positive, but the final result can be different.

ITdactyl

7 day countdown to the Philippine premiere starts today.... a couple of friends got free tickets through a contest sponsored by the local Toys R Us.

hype hype hype... *pants*

Hopefully the toys get released in bigger quantities at the same time.

John

Quote from: dragon53 on May 29, 2018, 05:35:22 PM
IMAX poster released.

Not only is the park gone,so will any chances this guy hanging on the ladder will have of his underwear not being soiled...
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: John on May 30, 2018, 06:47:25 AM
Quote from: dragon53 on May 29, 2018, 05:35:22 PM
IMAX poster released.

Not only is the park gone,so will any chances this guy hanging on the ladder will have of his underwear not being soiled...

Haha.  ;D It reminds me of this classic scene from Batman '66

"Hand me down..the T. rex repellent bat-spray"

amargasaurus cazaui

Something to remember about trailers...just because you see it in a trailer does not mean that scene even appears in the movie...for instance another big movie recently released also starring Starlord.....err I mean Pratt. Plenty of trailer scenes that had zero to do with the movie , and many were intentional misdirects
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

John

That other movie you mention is the exception to the norm,not the rule.Besides,that movie still has a part two coming out next year that was filmed at the same time,and I would be willing to bet that at least some of those different scenes will end up being in that one next year.
And no Jurassic Park movie has ever had a trailer that had scenes that weren't in the movie itself,and I don't see that starting now.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

amargasaurus cazaui

The movie I mentioned is an exception to most things yes correct...but using fake scenes is hardly anything new and happens in many trailers if one takes the time to research it..although most generally are not as blatant or as obvious. I will accept your bet on the ideal the scenes I have referenced from the Infinity war trailers appear in the sequel...they do not as confirmed by the Russo Brothers repeatedly . They also discussed that throughout the production of the entire movie they shot multiple fake scenes in order to confuse even the set workers and extras and keep everyone confused what the actual movie would contain. We will be able to say in a year, but yes I do accept your bet, regarding this matter.
Also curious, but are you certain the various Jurassic park trailers contain no scenes that did not appear somewhere within the movies?

Spoiler
For instance the battle scene where all are charging into battle which has become one of they key elements featured in many trailers features the Hulk as well as the Hulk Buster, etc.Also many of the scenes with Thor were included that were obviously incorrect intentionally.  This was a clearly intended misdirect based on the plot, an intentionally faked scene and subsequently confirmed by the Russo brothers in multiple interviews.
[close]
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Dilopho

Quote from: John on May 30, 2018, 10:30:33 PM

And no Jurassic Park movie has ever had a trailer that had scenes that weren't in the movie itself,and I don't see that starting now.

I'm probably wrong, but didn't Jurassic World include the poop scene in some trailers even though it was cut from the movie?

Shadowknight1

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on May 30, 2018, 11:02:36 PM
The movie I mentioned is an exception to most things yes correct...but using fake scenes is hardly anything new and happens in many trailers if one takes the time to research it..although most generally are not as blatant or as obvious. I will accept your bet on the ideal the scenes I have referenced from the Infinity war trailers appear in the sequel...they do not as confirmed by the Russo Brothers repeatedly . They also discussed that throughout the production of the entire movie they shot multiple fake scenes in order to confuse even the set workers and extras and keep everyone confused what the actual movie would contain. We will be able to say in a year, but yes I do accept your bet, regarding this matter.
Also curious, but are you certain the various Jurassic park trailers contain no scenes that did not appear somewhere within the movies?

Spoiler
For instance the battle scene where all are charging into battle which has become one of they key elements featured in many trailers features the Hulk as well as the Hulk Buster, etc.Also many of the scenes with Thor were included that were obviously incorrect intentionally.  This was a clearly intended misdirect based on the plot, an intentionally faked scene and subsequently confirmed by the Russo brothers in multiple interviews.
[close]
The same happened in the trailers for another recent movie.

Spoiler
The director of Deadpool 2 intentionally cut the trailers to make the X-Force members look really important, but then they all died horrifically.
[close]
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Brontozaurus

To make this a trifecta of movies with misleading trailers, Solo is missing a few trailer scenes as well. It did get reshot extensively though, so that could be why.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: