You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Man Claims to Own World's Largest Collection of Dinosaur Toys

Started by suspsy, August 19, 2016, 02:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Georassic

great article too. Although I'm not sure about a Battat Dippy fetching $600 nowadays...

Takama

Randy is DC on here and he runs the dinosaur collectors site a

tyrantqueen

sauroid

he is one of the most (if not the most) valuable and knowledgable members of this forum. he isnt that active but when he contributes, his sharing of information is without attitude and superiority complex/delusion of grandeur like some people ive encountered here (very very few thankfully).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Libraraptor

I enjoy his homepage, I enjoy his articles in Prehistoric Times, I enjoy him being around here. What about Don Glut? How big is his collection?

Derek.McManus

Thylacosmilus

Good question, Libraraptor! I will enter in the Don Glut's page to check!  >:D

ceratopsian

I'm going to force my husband to read the Smithsonian article, just to make sure he realises how small my ever-growing collection really is!  Seriously though, the workshops sound marvellous.  Lucky children!

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Sadly not many pics of his collection are in the article.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Libraraptor on August 19, 2016, 11:55:46 AM
I enjoy his homepage, I enjoy his articles in Prehistoric Times, I enjoy him being around here. What about Don Glut? How big is his collection?

Dinosaurs arenĀ“t the only thing to enjoy on this homepage ;D This is a weird combination of dinosaurs and erotic photography.

suspsy

Yeah . . . I've always found Donald's merging of dinosaur figures and nearly naked women a bit discomforting.  :o

stoneage

There are a lot of people here with really big collections.  Who knows who has the most?  I have a big collection but not as big as some people.  Boki, Bell and others all have enormous collections.

Roselaar

Over 5,000 figures? I have less than half of that I fear. But hey, this guy looks like has has a 20-30 years headstart on me. :)

RobinGoodfellow

...I'm just thinking how much space is required for 5000 figures  ::)
I have something around 900 figures and a serious space problem....  ???
Just can't imagine 5000  :o

tyrantqueen

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on August 20, 2016, 04:18:52 PM
...I'm just thinking how much space is required for 5000 figures  ::)
I have something around 900 figures and a serious space problem....  ???
Just can't imagine 5000  :o

Or over nine thousaaaaaaand.

suspsy

Well, it did say that many of Knol's toys are in storage bins. I wish the article had shown some photos of his displays.

stoneage

SBell

I've known him for over 12 years now, way before forums and Facebooks and what have you. We always shared lots of info, traded--and always tried to scoop each other on what was coming out each year (back in those days, it was much harder to find...there was no Social Media, you had to track down press releases and the like). I still rememember tracking down the AAA Entelodon and Hyaenodon first! After which, he told me about the Bullyand Paratypothorax... ;)

I think he has maintained his dino collecting far more diligently than I have though. Partially because I try to only collect what I can/will display; and partially I just can't keep up!

Plus, of course, I lean more towards interesting fish now. There's fewer of them, so it's a different challenge.

EmperorDinobot

5k? I always thought he had more.

Guess I'm not far behind.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: