News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Club Selection: Lourinhanos Skeleton in Egg "Bony Bonnie"

Started by joossa, September 16, 2016, 08:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Rebor Club Selection: Lourinhanosaurus antunesi Skeleton in Egg ft. EoFauna, "Bony Bonnie" Halloween Edition"
EoFauna collaboration. Made of soft resin.

Scale: 1:1
Tease Date: N/A
Black and White Image Release Date: N/A
Official Color Images Released on: 09/16/2016
Estimated Date Product Available for Purchase: Mid-November, 2016

This thread is for specific discussion on Rebor's Lourinhanosaurus "Bony Bonnie" Skeleton in Egg. Below are Rebor's statements on this product and product images from their FaceBook page and from this forum.

Quotes:

09/16/16:
QuoteFB User: When is it out?
Rebor: This Halloween :)

10/16/16:
QuoteFB User: that skeleton just won the show... is it a limited edition?
Rebor: Yes :)

10/20/16:
QuoteMeet Bony Bonnie, the forth member of the REBOR Club Selection line, a beautiful world limited museum class 1:1 Lourinhanosaurus antunesi embryonic skeleton replica, a collaborative effort between REBOR and EoFauna Scientific Research Group, a truly stunning piece of art and craftsmanship to add to your collection!

QuoteFB User: The question is... is it made out of resin and handnumbered?
Rebor: A new material call soft resin, very durable and does not break easily, handnumbered like other hatchling statues :)

QuoteFB User: forgive me if this has been asked and answered already, but do you guys have a release date scheduled?
Rebor: Mid-November

Preview Image: 09/16/16:

Color Image: Egg and Base: 10/11/16:

Color Images: 10/11/16:

Comparison Shot with All Other Club Selection Statues: 10/16/16:

Color Images: 10/20/16:

Packaging and Bottom of the Base Image: 11/07/16:

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

stargatedalek

How can you manage to goof a skeleton I mean really...

Wrists, that's how.

Lanthanotus

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 16, 2016, 09:17:45 PM

Wrists, that's how.

Why, it's Halloween Edition, scare some off ;)

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Silvanusaurus

Derek.McManus

Dyscrasia

Not bad, but not something I am eager to purchase, especially with those pronated wrists.

Derek.McManus

:) it's a lot nicer than the plastic Halloween skeletons at my local shops!

tanystropheus

Not to come across as a REBOR apologist, but can newborn dinosaurs pronate their wrists? Human neonates are all sorts of flexible. Also is there a difference in cartilage:bone ratio in newborn vs adult dinosaurs?

Halichoeres

Here's some chicken embryos:

It's true that the skeleton might not be very ossified, depending on the stage, but it probably wouldn't hold its forelimbs in a way that would be impossible upon completion of development.

PS: Thanks as always, joossa, for keeping us up to date on these!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gwangi

Aside from the wrists I actually quite like this piece. We'll see what the price is like. If I find is reasonable this may be the first Rebor model I buy.

tanystropheus

tanystropheus

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 17, 2016, 11:24:47 PM

It's true that the skeleton might not be very ossified, depending on the stage, but it probably wouldn't hold its forelimbs in a way that would be impossible upon completion of development.

Good point, and thank you for the photograph of the chicken embryos. I appreciate it.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 16, 2016, 09:17:45 PM

Wrists, that's how.
I didn't even notice that at first...now I can't unsee it. :(
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

stargatedalek

I don't know much about embryonic development, but for what looks like a nearly complete hatching it seems to have a few ribs missing:

On that note, I really need to update "my" (it's still using MOR 693's skull as a placeholder) Allosaurus skeletal.

Halichoeres

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 18, 2016, 03:59:39 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on September 17, 2016, 11:24:47 PM

Good point, and thank you for the photograph of the chicken embryos. I appreciate it.

Any time!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Victoria's Cantina

I guess this is cool if baby dinosaur skeletons is your thing. It's not so much mine. I wouldn't have minded seeing them do another baby hatchling for the Club Selection line... one that was more alive.

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

A living baby dino like Victoria said would be better. But thats ok too, if the price is ok.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Mo_the_Triceratops_King on October 03, 2016, 08:31:48 PM
A living baby dino like Victoria said would be better. But thats ok too, if the price is ok.

I don't think we've quite mastered that technology yet  ;)

Tim

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: